Calm Old Age 淡定的老人们 Ya?l:So here is a question for our listeners: If there were a potion that would allow you to stay young forever, would you take it? Don: Thats obvious, Ya?l? Who wouldnt want to recapture their youth? Y:Im not so sur

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Ocean Heat 海洋热量 Ya?l: I hear a lot about global warming, but how do scientists take the Earths temperature? Don: Great question. Most of the excess heat trapped by greenhouse gasses like carbon dioxide ends up in the oceans.Thats because the

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Smart Wheels 未来智能轮胎 Ya?l: My car is stupid, Don. Don: What do you mean, Ya?l? Y:I turn the key, the engine ignites. I turn the steering wheel, the wheels move. And thats it! D: Well, what you expect? Thats how a car works. Y:I know, b

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Do Cats Eat Spiders? 猫吃蜘蛛吗? Do cats eat spiders? Our answer? Yes, they do. And thats not all cats will eat. Cats, both domestic and wild, are obligatory carnivore s , meaning that they dont have the chemical tools in their bodies to acces

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Los Ant-geles 洛杉矶人和蚂蚁 If youve ever driven in LA, you know that people dont cooperate terribly well. Traffic jam s , folks cutting folks off, people shouting at you out their windows . . . its a real headache. Wed all do a lot betterat

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Get It? 明白了吗? Did you ever wonder what occurs inside your body when something funny happens? What is this thing we have in our brains that makes us say ha-ha when someone slips on a banana? One way to find out is to watch the brain laugh. T

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

DNA Wrath of Khan 成吉思汗疯狂的基因 Today, Afghanistan is a war-torn region, battled over by military forces and world-spanning empire s . Eight hundred years ago things were much the same. Only then, there was only one ruler: Genghis Khan.

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Boiling Water Under Boiling Clouds You may be surprised to hear that its actually easier to boil water on stormy days than it is when the weather is clear and sunny. Can you guess why? The reason is that the boiling point of water changes slightly in

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

D: Oh, no, Yeal, it is starting to rain, and I left my ant farm outside.Now my ants would drown and die. Y: Come on, Don. I am guessing plenty of ants drown everytime it rains, which makes me wonder how do ground-nesting ants cope with rain? D: Actua

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Don: Hey, Yael, Have you heard? We've discovered two new oceans? Yael: Where? D: On Mars. Well, they aren't there any longer, but they were there a few billion years ago. Y: I thought scientists weren't sure if Mars had oceans or not. D: They weren't

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Dont Try This at Home! Heres a hypothetical scenario that is to remain hypothetical. In other words, dont do this. Okay. Youre cruising along a desert highway in your souped-up roadster, leaving the roadrunners in the dust. Unfortunately, you are not

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Remember seesaws? Those things were great. But there was often a problem. Suppose theres a big kid on one side and a smaller kid on the other side. The seesaw just stays in one position: big kid on the ground, smaller kid up in the air. No fun. After

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Reentry Heat [Why does a space shuttle get hotter on reentry than on liftoff?] 能想象航天飞机穿越大气层时受到摩擦产生的热量有多惊人吗?来一起听听吧。 M:Dolle,we now know that the space shuttle Columbia burned up whe

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Flutter Battle 你喜欢蝴蝶吗?你了解蝴蝶吗?有的人认为蝴蝶是非常绅士的物种,让我们一起去了解真实的情况吧。 'Flutter Battle' on today's A Moment Of Science. One thinks of nature as red in tooth and claw, as

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Nice Nest 雄孔雀开屏是为了向人类炫耀她无与伦比的美丽尾巴?呵呵,似乎我们有点自作多情了,雄孔雀可没有兴趣理睬人类,他不过是在向自己的意中人表达爱意。现在研究人员发现,雄性刺

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Before Satellite Images, Howd We Know Earth Turned Every 24 Hrs? 在我们有卫星行片以前,我们是如何知道地球一天二十四小时都在转动呢?去听听科学家的说法吧。 The earth turns on its axis every 24 hours or so wer

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

How to Meet an Eligible Gnat 夏夜,蚊子的嗡嗡声常令人抓狂,但对异性蚊子来说这或许是甜蜜的情歌。美国康奈尔大学研究人员的最新研究发现,埃及伊蚊就是通过这些嗡嗡声上演着求偶二重奏。

Floating Tin Foil 锡纸为一种涂上或贴以像银的膜状金属纸,多为银白色,实际上是铝箔。铝箔纸(Aluminium foil),亦作铝箔,在香港称之为锡纸,是一种用压平了的金属铝制造的工具,主要用于厨

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

How Clouds Float 形成云彩的暖湿上升气流使得云彩能够漂浮在空中。一片普通云彩的含水量约为200只成年公象的体重之和。但云彩中的水分被分解为细微的水滴和冰晶,因而不会倾盆而下。即使是

How Rocks Appear In Your Garden 岩石,是在地质作用下形成的矿物聚合体,其中海面下的岩石称为礁、暗礁及暗沙,由一种或多种矿物组成的,具有一定结构构造的集合体,也有少数包含有生物的遗骸

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest