Why is it that you cant put down hydrogen gas? If you had a big balloon full of hydrogen gas, like the first gondola balloons pioneered in 18th-century France, youd find that it rises in the air quite dramatically. You know that a piece of wood will

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

每次生病了,家里人最多说的一句话就是不吃药怎么行?。可是,有的时候吃药不一定就对身体有好处,反而有可能会帮助病原体攻击我们的身体。今天我们来了解了解一种新的理论达尔文医

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Frozen Smoke 固体烟 Male: What's as light as smoke but strong as a brick? Female: I'm gonna take a while guess and say... aerogel ? Male: Sorry,yaoyao,the answer is... Wait a second! Did you say aerogel ? How did you know? F:Yeap! Did you know tha

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Fidel Castro retires after 49 years in power 执政四十九年,古巴强人卡斯楚宣布退休 Ailing Cuban leader Fidel Castro said in a statement on Feb. 19 that he would not return to lead the country as president or commander-in-chief, retir

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

For most of its running time, Secret lives up to its marketing as a sappy, beautifully shot and competently directed love story featuring Taiwan's own Jay Chou, the singer turned actor and now first-time director and screenwriter. Following a convent

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

More and more women have began smoking in the last few decades. One of the reasons is savvy marketing as Don explains to Yael in this Moment of Science. D: Yael, what's that in your hand? Y: Come on, Don. Haven't you seen a cigarette before? Every da

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Yael: Don, are you eating my tulips? Don: Just having myself a little snack. Y: Of MY tulips? I brought those in here to brighten the place up, not for you to eat! And who eats flowers anyway? D: Have you seen that movie, Monsoon Wedding? There's a c

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

One thing we're proud of here at A Moment of Science is that there isn't a lot of sex and violence on our program. Although, did you ever stop to wonder why sex and violence so often go hand in hand? How come nobody complains about violence and garde

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

As ghost stories go, it's frankly a bit weak. Not very frightening and with a happy ending, it doesn't really prove the existence of the supernatural either. But it does show beautifully the enduring popularity of the offbeat and wacky on the interne

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

(Typing sounds) W:Whats that gadget you are playing with Diarmuid? Diarmuid: Its my latest toy a netbook. W: A netbook? Diarmuid: Yes a netbook. N.E.T.B.O.O.K. Its like a laptop computer only even smaller. W: What a cute little computer!I like your n

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Thermometers just tell you the temperature. Thermostats need to do more than that. In addition to reading the air temperature, thermostats also turn your furnace on if the air gets too cool, and turn it off again when the air heats up. How do they do

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Why Giving Birth Hurts 为什么生孩子很痛苦? Y: Don, you sure are lucky dont have to give birth. Im glad were an intelligent species, but boy, that infant head feels mighty large going through that narrow birth canal. And then, after all tha

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

绅士的蝴蝶 One thinks of nature as red in tooth and claw, as the old saying goes. Species compete with each other for resources, and members of the same species compete with each other for mates. Theres a lot of scratch ing and biting going on.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Nutrigenomics The study of genes has shown that every individual is genetic ally unique, and this discovery leads to a host of questions as to the relationship between an individuals genes and environmental factors such as diet. That is, how does die

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

重点词汇(填空) mystery novel,float,corpse, initially,putrefaction,digestive tips: 怎样阅读才是有质量的阅读了? 边看边填空吧,重点词汇可是小编为大家认真筛选的,阅读完后,点击【查看答案】和 【查看

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Secrets of Top Student The kids at the top of the class get there by mastering a few basic techiniques that others can readily learn.These,according to the education experts and students themselves,are the secrets of top student. 1. Set Priorities. T

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Multivitamin tablets. You can buy them very easily in supermarkets or pharmacies. Whether British people take multivitamins every day? No, I dont take them every day. But I cant speak for everyone, so lets meet someone who can tell us more. My name i

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

It could be spiders. It could be mice. It could even be people.What are you scared of? Today were looking at phobias. The things that people are scared of. And I cant stand mice. They just make me want to scream. Snakes. I have a fear of snakes. I ju

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

D: Congratulations on completing your PhD in Zoology this week, Yael. That makes six advanced degrees for you and eleven for me. Y: Well, we want to make sure Moment of Science listeners know they're getting only the best information. D: You must be

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

D: Yael, what's that in your hand? Y: Come on, Don. Haven't you seen a cigarette before? Every day in the United States, about 1500 girls begin smoking, and I figured, why not do my share? D: But Yael, don't you know that tobacco kills more than 140,

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest