When I say telecommuting, do you picture yourself easing into the workday in a pair of fuzzy slippers? Well, so does your boss. But the reality is, youre both dreaming. Because a new study shows that folks who work at home at least some of the time,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

Commuting by Train Lisa: Can you tell me if this is the right platform for the train to Arlington? Omar: Yes, it is. Is this your first time taking the train? Lisa: Is it that obvious? Omar: No, you just look a little lost. Lisa: Im starting a new jo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

As the days in the northern hemisphere, get darker and colder, hot soup sounds pretty inviting. A homemade pot of soup can be healthy, economical and delicious. But by day four, it can also get kind of boring. So people are coming together to get mor

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

图片1 place n.地方,地点,位置 vt. 任命 vi. 名次,列前 例句:We must find a place for this new picture. 我们必须找一个地方放这张新照片。 displace vt. 移置,转移,取代,置换 v.转移 例句:Televisi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

今天我们要学的词是conditions. Conditions 名词,有条件的意思。South Korean President Moon Jae-in said North Korea is not imposing conditions on the upcoming summits with him and U.S. President Donald Trump over banning nuclear weapo

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

An Unusual Instrument for Sale at the Smithsonian Craft Show Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms. Today we play songs from a long-awaited album from the band Phoenix. We also tell about a way to unload unwanted clothin

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

By Carol Pearson Washington, DC 22 November 2006 watch Kidney Transplant report Five living donors have given five desperately ill people a kidney and a new life. None of the donors knew the recipients. And it was not until nearly a week after the s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

The Associated Press reports Monday that Rolls-Royce will temporarily replace entire engines on A380 Superjumbo jets, after an oil leak in an engine earlier this month caused a fire in the engine and a catastrophic failure. British jet-engine maker R

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十一)月

US Public Divided on Bergdahl, Taliban Prisoner Swap 美国与塔利班交换囚犯受质疑 WASHINGTON Even as President Obama defends his decision to trade five Taliban prisoners for one U.S. Army sergeant, there are early indications the American

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

Lesson 30 Go Ahead 1.You go ahead and I'll follow . 2.I hadn't enough confidence to go ahead . 3.Go ahead , we are all listening . 4.Work is going ahead . 5.After lunch , he went ahead and continued pedding his goods. 6.Things are going ahead . 7.He'

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: The sports behemoth known as the World Cup is underway across Russia. Sweden played South Korea today. (SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING) UNIDENTIFIED BROADCASTER: And Sweden have their first goal of this World Cup. KELLY: And

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Twenty-two, people who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another. 第二十二点:讲双语的人可能会在切换语言的同时,连个性也不自觉地跟着变了。 学习重

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

「请多指教」的美语说法: 您来信中的三种说法是不存在的。由于国情、文化的不同,所以很多中文的惯用语或成语,是无法跟美语对号入座。「请多指教」就是最好的例子。在美国的商业圈

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Ive been thinking about starting a blog for a long time now, and after talking to my friend Traver, a popular blogger , Ive decided to take the leap . Traver got me started with a basic template , but I wanted to customize the blog to give it my own

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是swap。 Swap, 交换。 The new website helped parents swap children's clothes and save money, 这个新网站帮助家长互换孩子的衣服,节省开销。美国加州一个17岁的孩子用旧手机换保时捷。 He

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

The Beijing Hour Morning Edition Shane Bigham with you on this Thursday, July 20th, 2017 Welcome to the Beijing Hour, coming to you live from the Chinese capital. Our news focus this morning... The first China-U.S. Comprehensive Economic Dialogue is

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线

At least 38 people are dead following a fire at a nursing home in Henan. Six others are being treated in hospital for injuries. Two of them suffer serious injuries. A fire broke out in the facility in Lushan County, which is in the Pingdingshan area,

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台