Working Shifts Lisette: Youre the new kid on the block, arent you? Danny: Yeah, its my first day. Lisette: Im Lisette. Danny: Im Danny. Nice to meet you. Lisette: Youre lucky to be starting on the day shift. When I started working here umpteen years

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

Working With Unreliable People Paul: What time is it? Jackie: Its 2:30. The Cleveland office report should have been emailed to us by the end of the workday yesterday. What are we supposed to do now? Paul: If we dont get their report, well have to ho

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

01 Working from a Home Office GLOSSARYfunctional able to work properly; able to meet ones needs* The kitchen is beautiful, but it isnt very functional, because the sink is really farfrom the stove. overhead the amount of money a company has to spend

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 240 Working Overtime GLOSSARYovertime time worked in addition to the regular 40 hours of work in a week* Accountants usually work overtime in March and April, when they have to dotheir clients taxes before the April 15 deadline. to not mi

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

19Working in a Dead End Job GLOSSARY employment agency a business that helps people find jobs* DeShawn had been looking for a job for almost six months, so he decided to goto an employment agency to get some professional help. dead end job a job that

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之商务英语

Michelle needed a summer job. She decided to work at movie theaters. She wanted to work there in order to gain experience. She also loved movies. Since she worked at movie theaters, she would be able to watch free movies. It was a part-time job. She

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

My best friend Billy and I decided to learn English last year. We promised each other to work hard. We never failed to attend class. Billy always remembered to do his home- work. I never forgot to do

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(257) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄初级美国英语

Burma Working to Change Image At the airport in Rangoon this week, supporters waited for Thein Sein, already proclaiming his U.N. visit a success. I came here to welcome Mr. President because I love the speech he gave at U.N. I think I should welcome

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Now to California, where thousands of people wake up in cars, tents and shelters and then get ready for work. The state is facing a huge shortage of affordable housing, and that means even full-time workers can find themsel

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

How do you feel about working overtime? 你如何看待加班? My focus is not on the time I spend at work,but the results I'm expeted to produce. 对我而言,重要的不是工作所花的时间,而是产生我所期望的结果。 I'm extrem

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

Jo: Hello, this is Real English from BBC Learning English, Im Jo. Jean: Hi 大家好,我是董征。欢迎收听Real English地道英语节目. Jo: In Real English, we look at words and phrases that you might not find in your dictionary. Jean: 和汉语一样,英语里也是

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

A: Where are you going? B: I have to go to work. A: Going to work where? B: Im working at the polling place. A: I didnt know you were working there this year. B: I work at the polling place every year. A: How did you get that job? B: I signed up for

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Are you going somewhere? B: Im on my way to work. A: Where do you work? B: I work at the polling place. A: You didnt tell me you were working there this year. B: I do this every year. A: Howd you get that job? B: I applied online. A: Thats interes

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

By Paula Wolfson Washington 22 July 2007 President Bush's homeland security advisor says the United States wants to work with Pakistan to shut down terrorist outposts along the Pakistani-Afghan border. But Frances Townsend also makes clear, the Bush

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

Palestinian workers arrive at dawn at the Nilin Israeli checkpoint, between the West Bank and the Jewish settlement of Modiin Illit. (File) Palestinian leaders recently announced a ban prohibiting Palestinian laborers from working on Jewish settlemen

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

今天我们要学的词是working lunch。Working lunch , 工作午餐。 Visiting French President Nicholas Sarkozy joined U.S. President Barack Obama for a working lunch, 来访的法国总统萨科齐跟美国总统奥巴马共进工作午餐。W

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Agency employee: Tell me why youd like to sign up with our employment agency. Kurt: Well, right now Im working in a dead end job. There are no opportunities for advancement. Im already at the top of the pay scale, so theres no chance of another pay r

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Jeremy: Hello. Miranda: Hi, its me. I cant make it home for dinner tonight. Im working overtime. Jeremy: Again? Thats the third time this week. I cant believe your boss is making you do this. Miranda: Dont get mad, but I actually told him that I didn

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Latest figures show, the number of people in their working-age decreased by over 3 million in 2012, accounting for some 69 percent of China's total population. Ma Jiantang, director of State Statistical Bureau, warns this is a serious issue. It is th

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

3、Im Working on It. 我正在努力。 A: Kim, have you made contact with Mr. Lee? B: Not yet, Mr. Wang. But Im working on it. A: What seems to be the problem? B: I just keep getting a busy signal A: Maybe his phone is out of order. Anyway, keep wo

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文对话