Transportation hasnt really changed a lot in the past 100 years. When you think about changes in other areas of our life, transportation is pretty much the same as it was years ago. OK, cars, trains and airplanes are faster, but theyre not so differe

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-T

Frustration 失望,挫败感 Training for the Olympics is very hard. Some athletes train for years and still don't make it to the Games. One athlete who has been training for the Olympics is Merlin Diamond. Merlin is a sprinter from Namibia. Join N

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦谈体育

With these words, the angry fairy disappeared. 说完这些话,这个怒气冲冲的仙女就消失了。 Everyone at the feast was frightened; but the last of the twelve fairies had not yet told what her gift would be. 宴会上的每一个人都吓

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国小学英语教材3

美国人气流行乐队 R5 最新单曲《Heart Made Up On You》!奏起一曲青春的旋律开始一场追逐的游戏。主唱好帅,声音极其好听,MV剧情更加惊心动魄扣人心弦。 歌词: Got my heart made up on you oh oh oh

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Topics: Famous Americans-Mae West; Harvey Washington Wiley and The Poison Squad; real versus actual versus true; lunch versus a lunch; to put (one's) shoulder to the wheel Words: debut to produce to convict to corrupt morals sex symbol poison squad a

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(154) / 评论(0) 分类 空中美语初级

Bigwig and Top Banana Now, the VOA Special English program Words and Their Stories. Some expressions describe people who are important -- or who at least think they are. One such expression is bigwig. In the 17th century, important men in Europe bega

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

每种语言都有一些生动有趣的词汇,用以形容人的不同特性。美国口语中经常使用的一些描述各种人的习惯用语不仅能让你了解美国文化,而且有助于掌握更地道、更纯正的美式口语。 下面是

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

front wheel 前轮 rear wheel 后轮 tread 轮距 chassis 底盘 bodywork, body 车身 rear window 后窗玻璃 windscreen 挡风玻璃 (美作:windshield) windscreen wiper 风档刮水器,风档雨雪刷 (美作:windshield wiper) fender, wing, mudgu

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Movie goer 电影发烧友 Playgoer 戏剧发烧友 Operagoer 歌剧发烧友 Museum goer 经常逛博物馆的人 Party goer 经常去派对的人 Irresistible 不可抗拒的 发烧友怎么说 Touching 感人的 It was a touching story. 这是个感

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美国人这样说英语

Woman:Good morning. May I help you? 女士:早安,我可以为你服务吗? Rick:Yes. Id like three blueberry muffins and two cinnamon rolls. 瑞克:好,我要3个蓝莓松饼和2个肉桂卷。 Woman:And for you? 女士:你呢? Danna:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 天天练口语

California has an awareness day that all countries around the world should have. It is Drowsy Driver Awareness Day and it happens on April 6 every year. Its aim is to raise awareness of the dangers of driving your car (or riding your motorcycle) for

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Today the Associate Minister of Transport, Simon Bridges, announced changes to the Warrant of Fitness laws. These changes will happen next year. At the moment, all cars which are less than 6 years old need a WoF (Warrant of Fitness) every 12 months.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Bob pushed the button on the door handle. He pulled on the door handle. He opened the car door. He got into the car. He sat down. He sat down in the drivers seat. He sat down behind the steering wheel. Bob put the seat belt on. He buckled the seat be

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

你是否也梦想有一天拥有一俩自己的车,带着心爱的Ta来一场说走就走的旅行呢?今天我们一起来学习与汽车有关的词汇。 Benz, Mercedes-Benz 奔驰 Cadillac 卡迪拉克 Chrysler 克莱斯勒 Chevroler 雪佛莱

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

The speaker was addressing a roomful of teachers. He said, 'Thinking' and 'thinking critically' aren't the same. For example, if you're thinking about what day it is, that's not thinking critically. He instantly heard some murmuring. A teacher said,

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

It appears that only one thing has prevented women being declared better drivers than men their modesty. 在宣布女性比男性更适合做司机这件事上,好像只有一件事成了阻碍那就是女性太谦虚了。 A study has found that w

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

About Cycling(Olympic sport since 1896) 自行车概述(1896年成为奥运会正式比赛项目) Bicycles were first developed in the mid-18th century and have long since been used as a form

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

To hurt someone normally means to cause them pain, for example by hitting them. But it can also mean to offend someone, to hurt their feelings. In the last episode, Kevin complained about Joannes mother coming to lunch. Joanne was hurt Kevin had hurt

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

How far is the airport from here? 机场离这里多远? It's about one hour's drive. 大约一小时车程。 Drive carefully. 小心驾驶。 Drive slowly. 慢行。 Don't drive too fast. 不要开太快。 May I see your driver's license? 我可以

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 十天学会简单英语

Subject:I dont want to be a third wheel. 迷你对话 A: I have an engagement with my girlfriend today. Why not have dinner with us? 我晚上要和女朋友一起去约会,和我们一起吃饭吧。 B: You two go on ahead. I dont want to be a t

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语