Staircase Intonation So what is intonation in American English? What do Americans do? We go up and down staircases. We start high and end low. Every time we want to stress a word or an idea, we just start a new staircase. That sounds simple enough,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 美语口音训练第一册

Staircase Intonation So what is intonation in American English? What do Americans do? We go up and down staircases. We start high and end low. Every time we want to stress a word or an idea, we just start a new staircase. That sounds simple enough,

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美语口音训练第一册

Statement Intonation with Pronouns When you replace the nouns with pronouns (i.e., old information), stress the verb. They eat them. As we have seen, nouns are new information; pronouns are old information. In a nutshell, these are the two basic into

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之商务英语

Statement Versus Question Intonation You may have learned at some point that questions have a rising intonation. They do, but usually a question will step upward until the very end, where it takes one quick little downward step. A question rises a li

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年ESL之商务英语

今天要学的一个词是:pump。pump,Pump一般是指泵,或抽水机。可是今天讲的pump是指汽车加油站的泵。英国石油公司宣布停止在阿拉斯加的石油开采,《洛杉矶时报》的标题说:Oilfield Closure t

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

The cry went on long and pathetic, rising and falling in pitch. It was probably some kittens, the abandoned and unwanted offspring of a family pet, discarded by a callous owner. If it was and if he opened the box, what then? He would then feel respo

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

Rising Sea Levels Endanger Senegalese Islands 海平面上升威胁塞内加尔岛屿 Senegal's Saloum Delta region is an egregious example of how rising sea levels caused by global warming endanger coastal communities around the world. Mangrove fore

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

186. Franklin's Prophecy. 186.富兰克林的预言 It was with a feeling of real relief that the delegates finally came to the end of their labors. 代表们带着真正的解脱感完成了他们的工作, As they were putting their names to th

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

行军篇 NO.4: 敌近而静者,恃其险也; 远而挑战者,欲人之进也; 其所居易者,利也; 众树动者,来也; 众草多障者,疑也; 鸟起者,伏也; 兽骇者,覆也; 尘高而锐者,车来也; 卑而广

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 孙子兵法

Let the weak say I am strong Faith is rising mountains fall away You are always holding onto me Always you are Let the weak say I am strong Faith is rising mountains fall away You are always holding onto me Let the weak say You are the strength of my

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Man I wanna tell ya'll something, Man. Man I'm not gonna let these material thing's, get in my way, ya'll. I'm trying to get somewhere. I'm trying to get somewhere, Thats real and pure and true and eternal. Father God, I am clay in your hands, Help m

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

In the shades of the verdant forest tender and mild winds are washing the leaves. Echoing whispers lead me to valley where a tree stands in a silver dress Leaves shaped of tears of sorrow and lonely years gleaming in the light of the rising sun. The

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Broadcast: Jan 10, 2003 By George Grow This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. American scientists say rising temperatures on Earth's surface are forcing animals and plants to move to cool

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(129) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

今天要学的一个词是:pump。pump,Pump一般是指泵,或抽水机。可是今天讲的pump是指汽车加油站的泵。英国石油公司宣布停止在阿拉斯加的石油开采,《洛杉矶时报》的标题说:Oilfield Closure t

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Lord Almighty, I feel my temperature rising Higher higher Its burning through to my soul Girl, girl, girl You gonna set me on fire My brain is flaming I dont know which way to go Your kisses lift me higher Like the sweet song of a choir You light my

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

The ivory trade will be back on the agenda at this year's Convention for the International Trade of Endangered Species (CITES), which opened in Bangkok on March 3. Paul Muya, deputy spokesperson for the Kenya Wildlife Service, says they hope that the

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

I'd like to look into your past, and predict the future. I bet that the last time you went to the beach, the wind was blowing in off the water. Maybe it was just a pleasant breeze, maybe something a little stronger. But it was definitely coming in of

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

You call me up about 2 in the morning You say I know it's late but can I see you? Somethings been on your mind Your saying that I hide behind a wall I'm frontin And you just want to get through But what happens when the honeymoon ends Then you take b

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

模仿句子:I'm walking along the mouth of the Singapore river which is flanked by skyscrapers within which are some of the world's largest banks and multinational companies.

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

模仿句子The sun is rising on the Arizona morning, and there's a thin layer of mist hanging just above the ground. 翻译:亚利桑那州的清晨,太阳冉冉升起,一层薄薄的雾霭笼罩在地面上

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀