Finally, to our NewsHour Shares, something that caught our eye that might be of interest to you as well. Staying in shape is difficult for many people, no matter their age. But one Virginia grandmother is raising the bar, literally. The NewsHour's Ju

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. More than one billion Muslims around the world observe Ramadan, Islams holy month. Fasting during Ramadan is a requirement for believers. This means they are barred from having sex, smok

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

迅雷高速下载 音频下载[点击右键另存为] The government of Shanghai has announced its strictest-ever restrictions on home purchases, in a bid to cool down the overheating property market. The new regulation to restrict the housing marke

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

UNIT12 Confucius 孔子(中国古代教育家、 儒家创始人) Anton Makarenko 安东马卡连柯 (前苏联著名教育学家) Anne Sullivan 安妮萨利文 (海伦凯勒的老师) load n.负荷;负载 workload n.工作负担;工作量 strict adj.严厉的;严格的 compulsory adj.义务的;有责任的; 必须

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 高三单词

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. You may have noticed that as you get older, you start forgetting more stuff: like, where you left your glasses, or the names of your children. Well, if y

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

今天学的词是ease。Ease就是放松原有的规定或限制。上个月,美国航空安全官员决定禁止旅客带液体上飞机。经过研究,他们现在决定放宽这一规定。报纸说:U.S. Eases Carry-on Liquid Ban, 美国当局

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

Tell me the current rate for RMB, please. 请告诉我人民币的现价。 What's your selling rate for RMB yuan in notes today? 你们今天人民币现钞的售价是多少? What's the dollar goi

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

1. You don't have a goal. 你没有一个目标。 A lot of time we find ourselves spinning our wheels, struggling through a day-to-day routine that isn't getting us anywhere because we don't know where we want to go. Sometimes we had goals when we s

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

从来没有如此接近过囚徒们的思想. 曾经我对犯罪的人不屑一顾, 甚至怀有一种深深的憎恶, 因为这些人伤害了别人, 最终也害了自己和家人. 但是读了我的命运谁做主以后, 我对罪犯和犯罪有了

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思英语

陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作。他这两天遇到了感情困扰,去找美国同事Amy讨个主意。 (Office ambience) C:Amy, 我有点私事儿想请教你。 A:What is it, Chen Hao? C:销售部来了一个新的女同事,叫Ka

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

上天让我经历逆境,体验束缚的滋味,并定下规则约束我们,让我们从中成长起来,获得人生的力量One windy spring day, I observed young people having fun using the wind to fly their kites. Multicolored creations of

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

五条最理性的春节健康计划 1. Don't bother with detoxing diets or regimes. There is no evidence that any of them work and your body detoxes itself quite well already thanks. Detox diets are usually highly restrictive and very low in c

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

What is your direction indicator of ascended One windy spring day, I observed young people having fun using the wind to fly their kites. Multicolored creations of varying shapes and sizes filled the skies like beautiful birds darting and dancing. As

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

One windy spring day, I observed young people having fun using the wind to fly their kites. Multicolored creations of varying shapes and sizes filled the skies like beautiful birds darting and dancing. As the strong winds gusted against the kites, a

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

2 children in rural areas of Jiangsu Province were severely burned by their friends when trying to duplicate a scene in a famous Chinese cartoon Pleasant goat and big big wolf. [Photo: The Beijing News] Cartoons are often regarded as children's enter

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(170) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Finance and economics: Facebook and philanthropy I'll give it my way 财经:脸书和慈善,我有我方式 Mark Zuckerberg finds another way to share. 马克扎克伯格找到了另一种分享财富的方式。 Many people take to social media

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人财经系列

Ive often wondered how exactly sleep, or lack of it , can have such a devastating effect on our bodies and, guess what, how much we sleep switches good genes on and bad genes off. 我时常思考,睡眠的充足与否会对我们的身体健康带来

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

China has mapped out more detailed measures to push forward its urbanization. They include helping migrant workers better integrate into cities and improve the quality of urbanization. Wu Guoxiu has spoken to an expert on social policy, who hails the

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2013年12月

自由飞翔:在一个有风的春日,我看到一群年轻人正在迎风放风筝玩乐,各种颜色、各种形状和大小的风筝就好像美丽的鸟儿在空中飞舞。当强风把风筝吹起,牵引线就能够控制它们。 风筝迎

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Really? 真的假的? Yeah, he wrote down everything he ever ate. He was convinced that calorie restriction was the key to living forever. 真的,他吃什么都要记下来。他坚信限制卡路里摄入量是长命百岁的关键。 Does it w

发表于:2019-03-16 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 生活大爆炸第八季