After Driving Ban Ends, Saudi Women See New Job as Drivers Women drivers took to the streets of Saudi Arabia this week as a ban against them driving was lifted. Now a new job possibility has arisen for Saudi women: professional driver. Traditionally,

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-12-06 Vietnamese Jailed for Posting on Facebook 越南人因发布Facebook入狱 Two Vietnamese men were sentenced to six months in prison for posting locations of traffic checkpoints on Facebook. 两名越南人因在脸书上发布交通

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Nanjing, capital city of east China's Jiangsu Province, announced last Wednesday that it would restrict home purchases of single adult residents. 上周三,中国东部江苏省的省会南京市颁布了一项新规,宣布将对单身居民购房采

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Obama Promises to Cooperate with New Senate 奥巴马承诺将配合新的参议院 President Barack Obama spoke about the election results at a news conference Wednesday. He said he is looking for broad agreement with Congress. But, he also said it

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

1. dissolution /ˌdɪsəˈlu:ʃən/ -- act of loosening or breaking up into component parts; disintegration; ruin; destruction When President Lincoln took office, the Union faced imminent dissolution. 当林肯总统就职时,北军就面临着迫切

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇

Non-tariff barrier A: Professor Wang, what is non-tariff barrier? 王教授,什么事非关税壁垒? B: Non-tariff barrier is another mean to restrict imports. 非关税壁垒是限制进口的另一种手段。 A: Can you give me an example? 可以

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Ade: Now Chris, in our last conversation you told me you come from Belgium. And I would like to know, what kind of food do you eat in Belgium? Chris: What kind of food, well we eat all kinds of food. I mean theres no restrictions or anything. We have

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

切斯特艾伦阿瑟(Chester Alan Arthur,1829年10月5日1886年11月18日),是美国第21任总统,是威廉阿瑟和马尔维娜斯通阿瑟八个孩子中的第五个且阿瑟与埃伦刘易斯赫恩登于1857年结婚,生有二子一女

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 历届美国总统简介

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Shopping for the Class-But Not Totally at Your Pleasure 非全自由式选课 Yale has a unique style in her educational system which is known as the shopping period. It is Yale's course selection period during the first two weeks of classes which al

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 走进耶鲁大学

让我们每个人都飞到高处吧,并且认识到这一点:有些可能会令我们生气的约束,实际上是帮助我们攀升和实现愿望的平衡力。 One windy spring day, I observed young people having fun using the wind to fly th

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

AS IT IS 2015-01-15 Pro-Democracy Myanmar Singer Denied a Visa 缅甸民主派歌手被缅甸拒签 Thousands of people who fled Myanmar in recent years have returned. They have decided to do so because of democratic changes, a growing economy, and m

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Syrians are marking the second anniversary of the start of the civil war in the country. The two-year-long conflict has cost almost 70-thousand lives and reportedly forced a million to flee the country. The anniversary comes at the time when arming t

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Any time there is any potential restriction on our export opportunities, hog farmers and U.S. pork producers are very concerned. They are certainly concerned about the emerging trade war with China, and again, the Chinese market is very important to

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

以下段落是摘自新闻里的一些重要信息,并不是一个段落的听写。空内信息可在本新闻中全部找到,大家可以根据这些信息复述新闻。 一、泛听建议: 1、完整听一遍,掌握大意。 2、继续听,特

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 NPR边听边练

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. President Obama is proposing rules to limit the size of banks and the risks they can take. He wants to prevent banks from using government-insured deposits to make risky investments. He also wants to

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

There are no country-wide laws on names, but different states have different restrictions. Mostly based off of how advanced their computer systems that handle name registration are. 美国并没有针对姓名的全国性的法律,但不同的州有制

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

JUDY WOODRUFF: For more on the resumption of relations between the U.S. and Cuba, we turn to Maria de Los Angeles Torres. She's a Cuban-born American and a professor at the University of Illinois, Chicago, where she is also executive director of the

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

引言: 让我们每个人都飞到高处吧,并且认识到这一点:有些可能会令我们生气的约束,实际上是帮助我们攀升和实现愿望的平衡力。 One windy spring day, I observed young people having fun using the wind

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读