The Debt of the Artist by Dimitri Mitropoulos Very early in my life, an important event took place: in my impressionable and youthful years, I discovered the personality of St. Francis. Since that time, my main ambition has been canalized into a stro

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语励志美文精华

英语美文-主动与被动语言的重要性 语言是表达自我,交流十分重要的途径。一个人的语言能传达很多信息,包括一个人的性格,思维,态度,生活环境,经历,职业等等。很多时候,我们作为

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Our son Burhan is five years old, and he's learning to read and do basic maths. 我们的儿子Burhan现年5岁,而他正在学习阅读和作基础运算。 Here's another confession: 这是我另一个忏悔: I have found that our daughter is a

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲商业篇

Everyone needs a pet. Its really cool to look after an animal of some kind, or even a bird or insect. Ive always had pets. When I grew up, we had three dogs, five cats, a tortoise and loads of rabbits. I lost count of the number of rabbits we had. Pe

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

You want to get in to the war? Monuments Men. Time to put a team together and _____________1_______________. How many men? Six. Jesus. Well, with you, it's seven. That's much better. So, ___________2_______________, and tell our boys what they can an

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

An Islamic website says it will issue a new video message from al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden , marking the sixth anniversary of the September 11 attacks. The web site posted an image of bin Laden on a banner, saying the new video is reminiscent of

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

I came to apologize. 我是来道歉的 I know you were just trying to help. 我知道你只是想帮我 I guess I wasn't ready to face reality. 是我没有做好面对现实的准备 This is just so new, you and me, 我和你之间刚刚开始这段新

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 绿箭侠第一季

Everything is beautiful 每样事物都是美丽的 Cotton fields, the open road 棉花田和开放的道路 The radio plays a song 收音机在播放一首歌曲 We both know we don't sing along 我们都知道我们不会跟着唱 la la la la la la

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

I speak with many people who are holding on to stories from their childhood about not feeling good enough. They remember scenarios of being neglected, not having good enough grades, not feeling pretty enough. You know what? They have taken these stor

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Many post-80s couples are complaining that going to the movies, shopping or attending parties have become impossible since their kids were born. Thats the way most parents are living their lives, no weekends of their own, no time to visit friends, no

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

一、It is a condition of this letter that the name of this Bank will not be disclosed in the event of our report being passed on to your clients. 译文:本函有一个条件,即在把我们的报告转交你们的客户时,请勿泄露本行的

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Matthias Mueller, head of the group's Porsche sports car brand, pledges to do everything to win back the trust of the public and make Volkswagen an even stronger company. I'm taking on this responsibility at a time when our company is faced with unpa

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

如何学好情态动词 (Modal verbs) can: 从客观角度陈述人们都了解的客观事实 ●can 表示客观能力, 与先天、后天能力无关。 Birds can fly up into the sky easily. 鸟儿可以轻易地飞到天上去。 Luke can speak

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习方法

Prince William has completed his training as a pilot with the East Anglian Air Ambulanceand had his first day on his crew at Cambridge Airport on last Monday. He will fly patients in serious condition to the hospital. 威廉王子已经完成了东盎格

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Everyone makes mistakes. Usually you can correct your error or just forget about it and move on. Making a mistake at work, however, can be more serious. It may cause problems for your employer and even affect the company's bottom line. Repercussions

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Local governments have also taken up the responsibility of caring for them. Children are meant to grow up with the warmth of a parent's embrace. But for some, it's been a lonely childhood as their parents leave for cities in search of higher-paying j

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

Enzo Ferrari was born in 1898 and died in 1988. He made his name known all over the world for fast cars and motor racing. Ferrari was an Italian car driver and businessman. He founded the Scuderia Ferrari Grand Prix motor racing team. It became the m

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介

选择的自由性 Some people may say choice is not free. They may say that if we do not reflect carefully on our actions, we are not taking responsibility for them, leaving the cause of the action to some other force. When looking at the word respo

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE作文

【题目】 In some countries, teenagers have jobs while they are still students. Do you think this is a good idea? Support your opinion by using specific reasons and details. 【范文】 In many countries it is common for teenagers to take part-ti

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

英语面试,听起来很可怕的东东。第一次去面试的人确实会觉得可怕。 这里我们就来好好学习一下英语面试中会遇到的各种各样的问题: 其中最难回答的莫过于薪水和跳槽原因等问题的回答。

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语