PART TWO - GOING TO SCHOOL? CHAPTER TWO Going to School? One morning in the middle of January, Bessie told me a visitor wanted to see me. Who could it be? When I entered the breakfast-room I saw a tall, thin man dressed all in black. He had a cold f

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

PART TWO - GOING TO SCHOOL? CHAPTER TWO Going to School? I tried to please Mrs. Reed, but she always believed I was bad, when it was her children who were the terrible ones. She always thought the worst of me. It was not surprising that I hated her.

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

PART ONE - LIFE AT GATESHEAD CHAPTER ONE The Fight John did not love his mother or his sisters, and he hated me. He was always cruel to me. Sometimes he hit me, and sometimes he just [-----1-----] me. But I was always afraid when he was near. I did

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

PART ONE - LIFE AT GATESHEAD CHAPTER ONE The Fight We couldn't go outside at all on that cold, [-----1-----] afternoon.The rain was pouring down, and the wind was blowing hard.I didn't care, I was happy to stay indoors.Trying to take long walks in t

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

CHAPTER FOUR My New Friend The next morning we got up in the dark. In all the rooms it was as cold as ice. This time the porridge was not burned, but I still felt hungry because there was not enough. The girl I had spoken with yesterday was older tha

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 简爱

Freedom parrot 呼喊自由的鹦鹉 A man, a great man, a fighter for freedom was traveling in the mountains. He stayed in a caravans① for the night. He was amazed that in the caravans there was a beautiful parrot in a golden cage, continually rep

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(215) / 评论(0) 分类 傲慢与偏见.Pride.and.Prejudice

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO I Am No longer Poor After St. John left me, it began to snow. It snowed all night and the next day. In the evening, I was sitting by the fire and had just begun to read when I heard a knock at the door. St. John came inside the hou

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 简爱

After St. John left me, it began to snow. It snowed all night and the next day. In the evening, I was sitting by the fire and had just begun to read when I heard a knock at the door. St. John came inside the house, covered in snow. It something wrong

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 听名著练听力

World Freedom Day is a celebration started by former U.S. President George W. Bush. It commemorates the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. The tearing down of the Berlin Wall was the beginning of the end for communist rule in many parts of Europe. Bush

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

PART TWO - THE SCHOOLGIRL CHAPTER FIVE Mr. Brocklehurst's Visit Come up to my room, both of you, she said. We went to her warm, comfortable room upstairs. Now tell me the truth, Jane, she said. You have been [-----1-----], and you must have the chan

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 听名著练听力

PART TWO - THE SCHOOLGIRL CHAPTER FIVE Mr. Brocklehurst's Visit It was hard to get used to the rules at Lowood, and to the extremely cold, hard winter. In January, February and March there was deep snow, but we still had to go outside for one hour e

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 听名著练听力

New Princeton Review Guide Profiles 361 Best Colleges 新《普林斯顿评论》评定的361所最佳学院出炉 It’s back to school time for American students, and also time for the latest rankin

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--文化教育动态

Sequestration Puts Malaria Vaccine Trial in Jeopardy No buzz is heard. But you can almost feel the vibration of 10,000 mosquitoes. Instinctively, you scratch, even though no insect is freely flying. The females are attracted to body heat to feed on b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Rebels with a Cause Slam Corporate Greed The underground organization called The East warns before it attacks: Change your ways or pay the consequences. Its members don't kill, not directly anyway. Instead, they turn the corporations practices agains

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

I'm honored to be with you today for your commencement from one of the finest universities in the world. Truth be told, I never graduated from college, and this is the closest I've ever gotten to a college graduation. Today, I want to tell you three

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

On a day of new insurgent attacks in Iraq, with at least 40 people killed, members of the U.S. Senate spoke out on the war on American television. They offered differing assessments of the situation on the ground. 在伊拉克,激进分子发动的新

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年3月

Broadcast on Coast to Coast: August 22, 2002 Rebroadcast on VOA News Now: August 25, 2002 AA: I'm Avi Arditti, Rosanne Skirble has the week off. This week on Wordmaster -- making the Web more welcoming to the disabled. John Slatin is director of the

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

What does the story of Chris Langan tell us? 里斯.兰根的故事说明了什么? His explanations, as heartbreaking as they are, are also a little strange. 和那些悲伤的往事一样,他述说的一切令人伤感,但又令人觉得惊异。

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 异类:不一样的成功启示录

《The Rose》是一首传唱了几十载的经典老歌,不知不觉飘进你我心里。爱就是一朵花,只要心中播种希望,春天来临时定有馨香玫瑰绽放。想送给你,让我们心怀玫瑰,聆听天籁般的歌声,默记

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Reed: Carmine, relax. It's me. Hey. Morley: Reed. Reed: What are you doing here? Are you okay? Is it--? Morley: I'm sorry. I love you. But I'm just not ready for this kind of commitment. And I didn't know that this morning. Reed: No, it's okay. I sho

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音