PART ONE - LIFE AT GATESHEAD CHAPTER ONE The Fight It hit me and I fell, cutting my head on the door. I was in great pain, and suddenly for the first time in my life, I was so angry that forgot my fear of John Reed. You [-----1-----], cruel boy! I s

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

Long ago there lived a merchant Abdullah. He was very rich, but he was very greedy. One day he loaded his forty camels with costly spices to sell in a far away city in Arabia. He sold all the spices there. He halted in an inn to have lunch on the way

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 一千零一夜英文故事

Confirming a flight A: Good morning. This is Ms. Reed in Mr. Farnsworths office. Id like to confirm a flight for Mr. Farnsworth. B: Certainly. Miss Reed. What is the flight number and date of departure, please? A: Its flight 420 to Canton on April 17

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Dr. Storm, we gave you six years and millions of dollars, and you gave us nothing. What's different now? Reed Richards. He knows answers to questions we don't even know to ask yet. This is our chance to learn more about our planet and maybe even save

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英文电影预告片填空

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. One of my most solemn experiences as President is visiting men and women recovering from wounds they suffered in defense of our country. Spending time with these wounded warriors is also inspiring, because so many of the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统电台演说

By Mario Ritter Broadcast: November 14, 2003 This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Economics Report. Last week we told about the New York Stock Exchange and the 1)resignation of its chairma

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-农业与经济

Show Examines Native American Imagery in US Culture An 1830 law forced thousands of American Indians from their lands in the southern United States to areas west of the Mississippi River. Expressions of support for the law are part of advertising for

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Aoi Teshima The Rose 《The Rose》是一首传唱了几十载的经典老歌,不知不觉飘进你我心里。爱就是一朵花,只要心中播种希望,春天来临时定有馨香玫瑰绽放。想送给你,让我们心怀玫瑰,聆听天籁

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英文好歌推荐-百听不厌的英文歌曲

2013: Pop Music Hits and Losses 2013年流行音乐的得与失 Welcome to American Mosaic from VO Learning English. I'm Katherine Cole. We play music every week on this show, but we still cant report on all the albums released or all the artists who

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(一)月

经典歌曲-爱的细语Theres A kind of Hush卡朋特 歌手:Carpenter There's a kind of hush all over the world tonight All over the world you can hear the sounds of lovers in love You know what I mean Just the two of us and nobody else in sight

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经典英文歌曲

Brain-Computer Interfaces Could Mean More Freedom for the Disabled This is the VOA Special English Technology Report. Since the nineteen seventies, scientists have been searching for ways to link the brain with computers. Brain-computer interface, or

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: All week on the program, we're taking a look at school choice. Today we're going to meet two special needs families in Florida. President Trump and Education Secretary Betsy DeVos have repeatedly touted the state as a national mo

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

One Saturday evening, between light and dark, a stranger from one of the coaches, asking for a barber, was directed by the hostler to the cellar opposite. 一个周六的晚上,天快擦黑了。一位从马车上下来的陌生人想要理发,原来

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

From tip to tip, its wings stand eight feet. This superb blighter can soar almost e* 24 hours a day. Waiting in this bustling, the troublous of hundreds of thousands of birds, her mate shores up the nest from last year's breeding. And after seven lon

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Reed College 里德学院 Seventeen years earlier, Jobs's parents had made a pledge when they adopted him: He would go to college. 17年前,乔布斯的父母领养他的时候曾经作过保证:他一定会上大学。 So they had worked hard an

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

Lynette: I think I can top that. Try getting thrown out of Disneyland for lewd behavior. 我觉得我可以超过你。试过因为粗俗举动被赶出迪士尼乐园吗? 知识点笔记: An awkward situation 一个尴尬的情况/局面 【例句

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

RAY SUAREZ:New Year's Day marks the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, and the National Archives in Washington, D.C., honors the occasion with a rare public viewing. It's one of the defining documents of American democracy, issued on

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

今天我们要学的词组是take seriously。 Take seriously的意思是对某人某事严肃认真。美国最近揭露首都华盛顿附近的Walter Reed陆军医院的医疗服务很差, 伤员没有受到很好的照顾。布什总统立即任命

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

值班护士:早上好,这里是约翰逊大夫办公室。有什么需要帮忙的吗? Clerk:Good morning. This is Doctor Johnson's office. What can I do for you? 雷德太:是的,我是雷德太太。我想本周预约看

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

REED VREELAND: I found out I was HIV-positive when I was 7 years old. I was told by my dad. He actually took me out to a really, very scenic location. I remember a picnic bench and a lot of grass around. RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: The scene stood in sharp

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(20) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习