Trafficking Victims Suffer Mentally, Physically A new study says victims of human trafficking suffer severe mental and physical health problems. Some estimates say at least 18-million men women and children worldwide are considered modern day slaves.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(二月)

A: Look, Jimmy's report came today. 看,吉米今天的成绩单。 B: Let's have a look. What is this? Where are all the grades? 让我看下。这是什么?所有的成绩在哪里? A: He's in the third grade Sam! You see under each subject t

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

Unit 70 Tsunami Generation Braves Physical, Psychological Scars Although many people call tsunamis tidal waves, they are not related to tides but are rather a series of waves, or wave trains, usually caused by earthquakes. Tsunamis have also been cau

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

The United Nations Children's Fund says more attention must be paid to the educational, psychological and physical needs of children who are among the main victims of the war that erupted between Georgia and Russia just over a week ago. Lisa Schlein

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: Juliana Hatfield was a darling of the 1990s indie music scene. She played with the Blake Babies and Lemonheads, and she had a hit with this edgy pop song - My Sister. (SOUNDBITE OF SONG, MY SISTER) JULIANA HATFIELD: (Singin

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Dear Annie: I am a young married woman. My husband, let's call him Pete, is very possessive and jealous. He also has an anger problem. Anytime I go to the store, he wants to know exactly what store I am going to, who I'm going with, when I am going t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

No signs of sedentary lifestyles, here at the S school in Oxford. Motivation, choice in sport and fun are all part of a formula to stay off the threat of the expanding waist lines of children in the UK. Since I came to this school, I've been doing a

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

Africas High Cost of Adapting to Climate Change Africa is being called the continent most vulnerable to climate change. A report commissioned by the African Development Bank says if the continent does not adapt it may be unable to meet its future foo

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

China says it is ready to work closely with foreign countries, including Indonesia, in the fight against cross-border terrorist activities. Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying commented today in response to a report that Indonesian police have

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Love Really Does Hurt 爱很伤? In a recent study, scientists observed that when the participants felt reject ed , the flow of blood increased to the area of their brain known as the anterior cingulated cortex . This same area has been associated

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

It Pays to Be an Optimist 做个乐观主义者 Research shows that whether a person is an optimist or a pessimist is related to their quality of life, including their physical health. The subjects involved first took personality tests in the 1960s a

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest

Body Dysmorphic Disorder Are you unhappy with your body? Learn about body dysmorphic disorder on this Moment of Science. Psychologists estimate that one to two percent of the population has what is called body dysmorphic disorder. These people obsess

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(167) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest