A: We finally get a chance to meet. B: Thank you for meeting me here. A: It's no problem. B: I need to speak with you about your daughter. A: Is there something wrong? B: I enjoy having your daughter in my class. A: I'm glad to hear it. B: She is a g

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

A: Hello, it's nice to meet you. B: I'm glad we're meeting today. Thank you. A: You're welcome. B: I would like to talk to you about your daughter. A: Is there a problem? B: No, your daughter is great. A: That's great news. B: Your daughter is a wond

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-日常生活

Scheduling bosses meeting A: Excuse me, Bill? B: Hi, Christine. Hows it going? A: Fine, thanks. Mr. Emory would like to meet with Mr. Macmillan tomorrow afternoon. Can you take a look at his book? B: Sure, just a second. All right, what time? 安排老

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

U.S. President Donald Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin will hold their first summit on July 16 in Helsinki, Finland. The meeting comes at a time of uneasy relations between their countries. In recent years, the two sides have disagreed abou

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

By Scott Stearns Amman, Jordan 29 November 2006 Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and U.S. President George Bush put off their meeting in Jordan until Thursday. VOA White House Correspondent Scott Stearns reports, Bush Administration officials sa

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十一月)

By James Butty Washington, DC 24 July 2006 After Uganda's contentious presidential elections earlier this year, President Yoweri Museveni said there was nothing to reconcile between him and Kizza Besigye of the opposition party Movement for Democrat

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

U.S. President George Bush says he is leaving office with a record of accomplishment, and says he is going back to Texas with his head held high. Mr. Bush spoke during a farewell meeting with his Cabinet. President George W. Bush holds a closing mee

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(一月)

David Gollust | State Department 20 November 2009 Photo: AFP Iran's Wom nuclear facility Major World Powers Dislike Nuclear Response From Iran This is something the Iranians agreed to in principle. If you remember back in the Geneva meeting they agr

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

A: I would like to make an appointment for a project meeting. B: Of course, I have Monday or Tuesday available. What day would be best for you? A: I would like to meet on Monday. B: Very well then. Are mornings or afternoons best? A: I want to come i

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

By Jim Teeple Jerusalem 12 December 2007 The first formal meeting between Israeli and Palestinian negotiators since last month's Annapolis, Maryland peace conference, ended in acrimony Wednesday with both sides accusing each other of acting in bad fa

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

Fang Nien-hua, a news anchor for TVBS Taiwan, says the meeting has delivered an important message to the people across the Taiwan Straits. Both President Xi and Mr. Ma Ying-jeou delivered a message at the beginning of their statement that people acro

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Chinese President Xi Jinping delivered a speech at the opening ceremony of the eighth ministerial meeting of China-Arab States Cooperation Forum in Beijing on Tuesday, July 10. Chinese State Councillor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi, along with Foreign

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

By David Gollust Washington 14 September 2007 Christopher Hill speaks during a press briefing about a bilateral meeting with North Korean envoys in Geneva, Switzerland, 31 Aug. 2007 The chief U.S. envoy to the negotiations on ending North Korea's nuc

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

Arab League Meeting Adjourns Without Unified Agreement on Reforms Kerry Sheridan Foreign ministers from Arab League nations say they have not come to an agreement on plans for political reform in the

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

By Malcolm Webb Kampala 23 November 2007 The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting opened Friday in the Ugandan capital, Kampala. The meeting, known as CHOGM, was launched with a ceremony attended by the Queen of England, President Museveni of Uga

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

By Robert Berger Jerusalem 18 April 2008 Israel has condemned the meeting between former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and the exiled leader of the Islamic militant group Hamas in Damascus. But as Robert Berger reports from the VOA's Jerusalem bureau,

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

The European Union is hosting its first meeting to address the problems of the Roma community, which suffers from discrimination and poverty. Lisa Bryant reports from Paris that rights groups hope it will lead to a more inclusive policy for these pe

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

Good morning, everyone. I believe we are all here. Please be seated and lets get started. Please join me in welcoming Olivia Dansk, from Garland Corporation Im afraid that Lionel Wu from Manatect cant be with us today, but Im pleased to welcome repre

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Lucy: Hey Jeff, have you met my friend? Jeff: No, I don't think I have. Lucy: Well, this is my oldest and best friend, Marlene. She's visiting from out of town. Jeff: Hi, I'm Jeff. Marlene: Hi, it's nice meeting you. Jeff: How long do you plan to be

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

The Chinese government says it hopes the Iranian nuclear issue can be resolved through peaceful dialogue. China also announced it is hosting the next round of international talks on Iran. 中国表示希望能够通过和平对话的方式解决伊朗核

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月