U.S. President Donald Trump says a meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un will take place as planned in Singapore on June 12. The announcement reversed an earlier decision from Trump to cancel the meeting on the Norths nuclear program. The pres

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Meeting a new boss A: Good morning, Mr. Montgomery. Ive been sent over from purchasing to fill in for Clare Williams. B: Oh, really? Nice to meet you. I thought they were going to leave me here on my own! How long have you been with the company? A: O

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Arranging a group meeting A: Id like to set a fixed time for this meeting before we finish today. Can you all take a look at your schedules? B: Thursday mornings are usually the slowest around here. Why dont we set it for Thursday at 10:00 a.m.? A: T

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

A meeting about bonuses A: Hi, Grant. How is everything? B: Pretty well, thanks. Weve just been incredibly busy! I need to set up a meeting for Mr. Graham. A: Sure. Whats it about? B: He wants to go over the bonuses for this year. Hell need to meet w

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Asking for help with a meeting A: Ruth? I have a big favor to ask you. B: How big, Catherine? A: Well, I was hoping you would cover for me at the strategy meeting this afternoon. B: But, I cant, Catherine. Ive got two committee meetings back to back

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Meeting your assistant A: Karen? I need to go over a few things with you. B: Certainly. Mr. Graham. When would you like to meet? A: I was thinking about this afternoon, after the sales meeting. B: Fine. At 3:30? 约见助手 A:凯伦,有几件事我

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

This is the first of a three-part Business English Pod lesson about meeting with a vendor, or potential supplier. When you meet with a vendor to discuss a proposal, its partly about getting information and partly about negotiating better terms. You m

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语会议解析

This is the second of a three-part Business English Pod series about meeting with a vendor to discuss a proposal. As we discussed last time, meeting with a vendor to discuss a proposal is partly about getting information and partly about negotiating

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语会议解析

A meeting between U.S. President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un seemed unthinkable only months ago. In the last year, the two leaders have exchanged strong insults and threats raising fears of armed conflict on the Korean Peninsula.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Annan Unclear About US Participation in UN Meeting on Iraq Peter Heinlein U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan says he expects senior U.S. officials to come to New York this month for talks on Iraq. Lead

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--各类新闻

A: Nice to meet you. B: Its very nice meeting you, too. A: Im excited to speak to a candidate. B: What would you like to ask me? A: What is your stand on gay marriage? B: I feel that people can love who they want. A: So, would you make gay marriage l

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: I havent seen you around, so you must be new here. B: As a matter of fact, I am. A: Its nice meeting you. B: Nice to meet you too. A: When did you move out here? B: I moved here about a month ago. A: What do you think of it so far? B: Its great. A

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-邻居

A UN conference in support of a two-State solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict convened in Beijing on Tuesday. The meeting will review the current situation and revive international efforts to re-start stagnant peace talks between the two sid

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

It was confirmed last week that President Xi Jinping and Obama are going to have a one-on-one discussion during the forthcoming G20 Summit in the city of Hangzhou. The meeting in Zhejiang's capital takes on some historical significance, as Hangzhou w

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

DUBAI, June 9 (Xinhua) -- The Unites Arab Emirates (UAE) hosted the third meeting of the Libya Contact Group on Thursday, with some 20 foreign ministers and representatives of regional and international organizations attending, the state news agency

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Laos fully prepared for Asia-Europe Meeting VIENTIANE, 24 Oct. (Xinhua) -- Laos is now fully prepared to host the upcoming Ninth Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), to be held in the capital Vientiane Nov.5- 6, according to a senior Laos government official.

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

KINGSTON, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- The global economic crisis and high crime rates afflicting most member states of the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) dominated the group's meeting Monday in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, according to reports reaching here. Since

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Greece has run into a snag in its efforts to renegotiate its European-led bailout, as health problems sidelined the new prime minister and finance minister ahead of a critical meeting with the European Union. The government said Sunday that doctors h

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

BEIJING, Dec. 12 (Xinhua) -- A spokesman for China's Ministry of Commerce (MOC) said on Wednesday that China and the United States will exchange in-depth views on economic and trade issues at the upcoming 23rd meeting of the China-U.S. Joint Commissi

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

HONOLULU, United States, Nov. 13 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Hu Jintao and leaders of other Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) members met in Honolulu, Hawaii, Sunday to find ways to speed up regional economic integration, free trade and inve

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻