Greg LaMotte The Arab League concluded its annual summit with calls for increased democracy. The League also adopted resolutions calling for greater international participation in the Israeli-Palestin

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

National People's Congress holds 3rd plenary meeting in Beijing The third plenary meeting of the first session of the 13th National People's Congress (NPC) started at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on March 11, 2018. Zhang Dejiang, Chairman

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Next weeks meeting A: Lets meet before next weeks meeting, Jane. I want to kick around some ideas with you. B: No problem. Ive got a really light week. Anytimes fine by me. A: Well, lets plan to get together next Monday afternoon, around three? B: Al

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Secretary schedules a meeting A: Mr. Cranes office. Sandy speaking. May I help you? B: Hi, Sandy. Its Walter Knight. I need to book some time with Mr. Crane. A: Certainly, Mr. Knight. When would you like to meet with him? B: Can you see what his sche

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

Calling a group meeting A: All right. I want to bring everybody in on this project. When can we start working on this? B: Well, we could probably get started with a strategy meeting tomorrow morning at 8:00. A: I tell you what, 8:00 is no good for me

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 办公室英语口语

A: I would like to make an appointment for a project meeting. B: Of course, I have Monday or Tuesday available. What day would be best for you? A: I would like to meet on Monday. B: Very well then. Are mornings or afternoons best? A: I want to come i

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 雇佣-Employment

Last week, as some of you know, I met with the Superintendent of Wenatchee Schools. I was very nervous, for some reason. I had never met him before, though I had seen him a couple of times in School Board meetings. My intention was to encourage chang

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

IN THE NEWS - September 7, 2002: UN General Assembly Meeting By George Grow Delegates observe a moment of silence at the opening of the fifty-sixth General Assembly meeting, September 12, 2001. (Photo

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

This is Whats Trending Today The planned meeting between the leaders of the United States and North Korea may or may not happen. But a special coin has already been created to mark the event. The coin shows images of both U.S. President Donald Trump

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(五)月

IN THE NEWS -May 4, 2002: UN Special Meeting On Children By Caty Weaver (Photo -UNICEF) This is Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, IN THE NEWS. This Wednesday, the United Nations Genera

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

Russia says strategic stability, international security, non-proliferation, and cooperation against emerging threats are among the interests Moscow shares with the United States. The Kremlin is also offering a positive assessment of Wednesday's meet

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(四月)

A: Its very nice to meet you. B: Nice meeting you, too. A: I cant believe Im actually speaking to a candidate. B: You can ask me questions, if youd like. A: I want to ask you what your policy is on gay marriage. B: Everyone should be able to love who

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Could I meet with you to discuss the project? B: Good idea. We could meet on Monday or Tuesday. Which day would you prefer? A: Tuesday would be good for me. B: OK. Do you think we should meet in the morning or in the afternoon? A: I think the afte

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

Chinese authorities have voiced their support for the unprecedented meeting between North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump in Singapore. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says the Singapore meeting marks a new page in history af

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

The Fifth Session of the 12th National People's Congress (NPC), China's top legislative body, held its second plenary meeting in the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on Wednesday. Zhang Dejiang, chairman of the NPC Standing Committee, delivered th

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

The meeting is scheduled to take place in Singapore on Saturday. Zhang Zhijun, head of the Taiwan Work Office of the Communist Party of China Central Committee, says the event will be the first of its kind in 66 years. This is the first meeting of le

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Wang Shouwen, China's Vice Minister of Commerce, was among those attending the APEC ministerial level meeting. He says a number of fruitful results have come out of the sessions. First, the meeting approved a strategic feasibility report of a Free Tr

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

I needed to schedule a meeting for the three departments involved in a new project. I called each one to find a date that would work for all three of us. Bruno: So, Nicola, would the day after tomorrow work for you? Nicola: No, I'll be out of the off

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

This year marks the 20th Anniversary of the Beijing World Conference on Women and the Beijing Declaration and Platform for Action. Since then, the declaration that arose from that conference has been a guideline to push for gender equality throughout

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

The top leader of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong Un and U.S. President Donald Trump have held their highly-anticipated meeting in Singapore. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi has voiced their support for the unprecedented me

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台