In most parts of the world, having lunch or dinner together is an important part of doing business. In places such as North America, eating meals is a way of building a relationship or celebrating a partnership. And in other cultures, such as China,

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 商务英语社交课

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Black Friday, MREs and Rihanna's 'Talk That Talk' MARIO RITTER: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Mario Ritter. Today we play new music from Rihanna ... We also ask some Americans what they like to do on

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

主持人Mike Bond和杨琳带你走进他们的幽默搞怪的日常生活,带你边玩边学地道美语!今天是两人在公车站相遇,Mike等车等得胡子都长出来了!胡子茬:five oclock shadow;习惯早起的人: morning pe

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 美语怎么说

Individuals' Blood Glucose Levels after Meals May Be Predictable预测血糖 High blood sugar levels are a risk factor for type 2 diabetes. Doctors today have only general dietary recommendations for how to control those levels, because theres no rea

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(四)月

LESSON THREE listen to this conversation that takes place in the gift shop of the Stamford Naturre Center. Notice when the words make and do are used. Good morning,young man.How can I help you? I'm looking for information about how people lived on Am

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

Joining a Tour Darrel: What are you looking at? Alice: Tours for our vacation. I was thinking that itd be hard for us to get around on our own, so I think joining a tour is a good idea. Darrel: Really? I thought wed make our way around leisurely to s

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之旅行交通购物

Now Your Turn Sarah: Hi, Jim! You look pale. Whats wrong? James: Well, yesterday I had a huge steak for supper. At night I had a terrible stomachache. Sarah: You shouldnt have eaten that much. Howre you feeling now? James: Better than I was. But I gu

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

A: I am getting thirsty and was wondering if I may order a drink. B: Yes, I would be happy to take your drink order. We have coffee, tea, or soda as well as bar drinks. A: Do you charge for beverages? B: We offer nonalcoholic beverages for free. Our

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

A: I am getting thirsty and was wondering if I may order a drink. B: Yes, I would be happy to take your drink order. We have coffee, tea, or soda as well as bar drinks. A: Do you charge for beverages? B: We offer nonalcoholic beverages for free. Our

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

American Red Cross Feeds Hungry After Hurricane In a vast parking lot in Queens, Red Cross staff and volunteers are preparing and packing food for storm victims. Robert Baltadona oversees the 275 helpers at this facility, one of four in the area. We

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

Now some big institutions, they'll give you certain kinds of meals, they'll give you for example a bowl of gyuudon, but they'll give you mostly onions and just one or to small little strips of very old beef. Now, I wonder, when Yoshinoya can give you

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

All seniors 55 and older are invited to a special meeting next Tuesday in the Senior Center. The meeting will begin with cookies and lemonade. The speaker will be James Carter, the director of a nonprofit organization dedicated to making the golden y

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

LESSON 1 Let's listen to Steven as he talks about his son Peter. Peter is only two months old. Listen to Steven tell us about the things that Peter is too young to do, or that he isn't old enough to do. Peter isn't old enough to feed himself.He's onl

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 洪恩环境英语

Rick loves food. He loves food too much though. He is overweight. He eats food when he is bored. He eats food when he is stressed out. He eats food when he hangs out with his friends. He eats huge meals. He eats waffles, fried chicken, and eggs for b

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第5级听力-English Level 5

/f/ 唇齿摩擦辅音。发音时下唇轻触上齿,气流由唇齿间通过,形成摩擦音。这是个清辅音,发音时送气强,但声带不振动。 [] 双唇微开,舌头伸出来,上下齿轻咬住舌尖,将气流从牙齿的缝隙

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Mike Procter. Voice 2 And Im Robin Basselin. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Children across the world a

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Exclusive Interview with WHO Expert Promoting health, promoting sustainable development, it's our health, our future and our choice. So let's talk about health with Dr. Bernhard Schwartlander, World Health Organization Representative in China, and Ai

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

文本: S: Jason. Hey. J: What's up? S: I heard you were going to be on the basketball courts. J: Yeah, I was. Pulled myself out of the game.、 S: Why? J: Figured I'd hurt less people running around the block. S: Right. Well, that answers my next

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

I have a request for seating. 座位方面我有一点要求。 Can I request a baby food? 我可以要婴儿食品吗? I want to request a hotel reservation in New York. 我要求在纽约预订旅馆。 I have requested a space on your flight 831.I

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 十天学会简单英语

Founded in 2009, Feeding Hong Kong collects surplus quality food from manufacturers, growers, processors, distributors and retailers every day and delivers it to a network of partner charities. Now they are able to provide over 72,000 meals per month

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台