Senior Citizens Express Anxiety About US Budget Cuts The volunteers and staff at Meals on Wheels in Takoma Park, Maryland feed two meals a day to between 30 to 40 home-bound senior citizens and disabled clients. Many of the volunteers are seniors the

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(三月)

Many elderly and disabled Americans are isolated by frailty, illness and at this time of year, in the northern states, extreme cold weather. Many also suffer from malnutrition. A non-profit program called Meals on Wheels provides and delivers more th

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年1月

Topic 1-Domestic violence case ranking in China After analyzing data on court cases of domestic abuse in the last 3 years, a lawyer has devised a ranking of domestic abuse cases according to locality. Shandong Province tops the list of having the big

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

文本: S:Morning! Oh, how are you feeling? H:I...I didn't sleep very well. S:Oh, that's a shame.Shall I make us some coffee? Oh, look, you've got damp! H:Listen, last night...Why did you say you hadn't seen anything? I mean, I only saw the

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

部门聚会 department party A: Salas,could you arrange a department party on Friday evening? B: No problem.I will order tables and meals. A: Do not forget to give me the list of our guests. B: Ok.It'll be ready soon. 生日聚会 birthday party A:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

The Islamic holy month of Ramadan is due to begin Wednesday across much of the Middle East and families are feverishly preparing for the event. However, economic troubles and an unusually hot summer are expected to make the annual event something of

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

This is the VOA Special English Development Report. Millions of people around the world cook their food over a smoky fire every day. It is often difficult to find wood for the fire. People who do not have wood must spend large amounts of money on co

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

Serving Farm-Fresh Meals at the Farm Just even that out with the new table, said Jim Denevan as he arranged tables for more than a hundred dinner guests on Briars Farmstead in rural Virginia. He and his eight-member crew arrived the night before. Che

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

Chinn will never forget what it feels like to be hungry and homeless. Although she was born to a wealthy family, her world fell apart was she was seven years old. The 1960s was a time of political and social upheaval in China. Her family became a tar

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(九)月

用餐时间到了,本杰明在飞机上点了中餐和豆奶,一份不够可以双份,这真是满足了胃口比较大的人啦。 Listen Read Learn Flight attendant: Excuse me, sir. What would you like to eat, Chinese food or western food? Benjamin: I'd like to have Chinese food. Fligh

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

(Healthy food)are proving so unpopular in some parts of the country. There is a warning that some catering services are in danger of collapse. 60 percent of English secondary schools who responded to a BBC survey reported a fall in the number of pupi

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英伦广角

今天我们要学的词是 work-related. Work is spelled w-o-r-k, related is spelled r-e-l-a-t-e-d, work-related. Work-related 与工作有关的。比如,He claimed that the travel expenses were all work-related. 他说,外出旅行的这些开支

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Shanghai Jiaotong University (SJTU) provided Red Army meal rations for over 4,000 students during a recent military training event held on campus, which turned out to be rather popular with the students. 在上海交大最近进行的新生军训中,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obama has been stressing the importance of public service and volunteering. Drew Johnson is doing that in 48 U.S. states over 48 weeks. He has done everything from building homes and delivering meals, to cleaning up after a flood. Dr

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

D.C. Central Kitchen founder Robert Egger says, he does not do charity work -- he empowers people. His organization provides 1.5 million free meals a year, offers job training and partners with local restaurants. But VOA's Daniela Schrier has more wi

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

今天我们要学的词是 literacy。Literacy 意思是读写能力。McDonalds stores in the UK will replace the toys which come with its Happy Meals with books to boost child literacy. 英国的麦当劳将把儿童套餐里的玩具换成书籍,

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: By the way, what do you think happened when people started craving drugs? 顺带一提,那你们认为如果人们开始犯瘾时会发生什么事?

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Dear Annie: I am an attractive young woman with a history of anorexia. Thanks to loving friends, family and a wonderful boyfriend, I was able to recover and now enjoy eating healthful, well-balanced meals. Here's the problem. I hold a good job at a g

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

EU agriculture ministers are set to discuss the horsemeat scandal which has now affected up to 16 countries. EU Health Commissioner Tonio Borg is hosting talks in Brussels. It follows the shock discovery last week of meat sold in Europe labelled as b

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Dear Annie: My wife of 15 years and I are at an impasse. A year ago, her 30-year-old daughter, Carol, moved in with us and brought her dogs along. Carol has a good job, but contributes nothing and has absolutely no responsibilities. Her mother and I

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16