EXPLORATIONS - Where Did the English Language Come From? This is Steve Ember. And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today we present the first of two programs about the history of the English Language. More p

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(405) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The podcast edition of this article was sponsored by Audible. Get a free audiobook to keep when you sign up for a free 14-day trial at AudiblePodcast.com/gg. Ammar-gray Irl-gay ere-hay. Whoops! Sorry, I slipped into Pig Latin for a moment there. Toda

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 跟谢孟媛学语法

12 Describing Speech and Language Ability GLOSSARY its Greek to me a phrase used to show that one doesnt understand anythingthat one is hearing or reading, usually because it is too difficult or technical * I tried to understand this chapter in the s

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之旅行交通购物

Learning a language is easy. Even a child can do it! Most adults who are learning a second language would disagree with this statement. For them, learning a language is a very difficult task. They need hundreds of hours of study and practice, and eve

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

The rain ended. Slowly the feeding came to a stop. Big Guy led his family into a clearing. The tallgrass sparkled with misty sunlight. The silverback lay down and tucked his arms underhis head. The other gorillas gathered around him. Some beatthe gra

发表于:2018-12-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽儿童英文分级书单《神奇树屋》

EXPLORATIONS - How English Evolved Into a Modern Language This is Steve Ember. And this is Shirley Griffith with the VOA Special English program, EXPLORATIONS. Today we present the second of our two programs about the history of the English Language.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. I'm Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And I'm Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. sound of baby crying Voice 1 Have you ever

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

The Grammar Of Sign Language The word grammar means the inner workings or system of a language. Did you know that sign language has its own grammar system? Just as there are subjects, objects, tenses and parts of speech in written and spoken language

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Pre-Listening Vocabulary ancient: from a long time ago dwelling: a place where someone lives relay: to transfer from one person to another revival: the act of coming alive again; rebirth compulsory: required convey: to make something understood maste

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

by Jason Marshall This is our very first Math Dude article, and in honor of that were going all the way back to basics to answer some fundamental questions about math that should help you evaluate the status of your relationship with numbers. But let

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

A lot of people find it difficult to make phone calls in a foreign language and that's understandable. You can't see the person you are talking to, their voice might be unclear, and you might find it difficult to find the right words. 很多人都觉得

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Andy: Both of you are among our company's top salespeople. But we can always improve, right? I'd like you to meet Monica Wolf...Monica is a business consultant specializing in body language. Monica: Hello, Sara. Hello, James. It's great to be here! S

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Georgian TV Beams Russian Language News to Russia Russia and Georgia have had no diplomatic ties since their war several years ago. Georgians currently are reaching out, however, to their much larger neighbor through a new Russian language TV channel

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(八月)

Tajikistan is considering a bill that would prohibit the use of Russian by government agencies in the former Soviet republic. Tajik President Emomali Rakhmon is urging lawmakers in the Central Asian country to speed passage of the measure, which som

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(七月)

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight program. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Rebekah Schipper. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand, no matter where in the world they live. Voice

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Dr. Jonathan Koon-shum Choi is the chairman of the Hong Kong-based Sunwah Group which was established in 1957. Every year, the group invests one million U.S. dollars in a number of public welfare programs in Vietnam. This includes Chinese language te

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Joel: So I don't think we've met yet, what is your name? Patricia: Patricia. It's a pleasure to meet you. Joel: You too. Where are you from? Patricia: I'm from Samoa. Joel: Samoa? Where is that? Patricia: It's in the South Pacific north of New Zealan

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER -- the language of electronic mail. TAPE: CUT ONE -- NAOMI BARON As e-mail is developing more and more users, it's also developing more and more styles. There's one style that says

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

to speak the language, especially around other people who speak both languages and maybe you're afraid that somebody is gonna correct you, which is actually a good thing, so you have to be able to let yourself speak it in front of other people who ca

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Guest host Mike O'Sullivan talks with an author (familiar to our longtime listeners) whose newest books use fairy tales to teach foreign languages to American children. David Burke is known as Slangman, and in his earlier books, he translated the lan

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master