Lesson 5: The facts 确切数字 Listen to the tape then answer the question below. 听录音,然后回答以下问题。 What was the consequence of the editor's insistence on facts and statistics? Editors of newspapers and magazines often go to ex

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(583) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第三册

Hailed by audiences and critics as the greatest illusionist of our time, David Copperfield has elevated the ancient art of magic to new heights and redefined it along the way. He has vanished the Stat

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Journalist: Your style has been described as " buy and hold " , and sometimes it 1) strikes me that Wall Street 2) perverts that 3) notion to get people to invest and forget about what they own. I

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Journalist: Yoko, John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band was recorded at EMI Studios. IMAGINE was recorded at your Tittenhurst Park home studio in Ascot. How did recording at home affect IMAGINE? Yoko: Well, a

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Topics: American Musicals Fiddler on the Roof; How to Sue Somebody (How Civil Lawsuits Work); reporter versus journalist versus correspondent; expense versus expenditure versus cost; bottom line; to run (something) by (someone) Words: musical traditi

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Topics: Ask an American-Journalism and Technology; liberal arts; second to (the) last; I am hearing you Words: journalist to vet fluid multimedia marketing distribution arm panorama tornado to rip (something) out to stitch to raise new question to ma

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Be your own investigative journalist by John Kuti News in the age of information We are often told that the age of the information economy has arrived. The idea is that intellectual work is becoming a more important source of wealth than manufacturin

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

Broadcast: Apr 08, 2003 The U.S. Central Command said it regrets that three journalists were killed in Baghdad Tuesday as U.S. warplanes bombed the city and U.S. and Iraqi units fought near a downtown

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-国际时讯

French President Nicolas Sarkozy says the leaders of Syria and Lebanon have agreed to re-establish normal diplomatic relations for the first time in years. Sarkozy made the announcement, speaking through a translator after a meeting in Paris. (D'abo

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台七月

AS IT IS 2016-05-27 RFE/RL Journalist Released From Azerbaijan Prison 自由欧洲电台被关押在记者从阿塞拜疆释放 A journalist from Azerbaijan was released from prison on Wednesday. Khadija Ismayilova will now be permitted to serve her

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(六)月

After recent attacks on newspaper offices in Senegal and ongoing detentions of journalists in Gambia, international attention is yet again being focused on the state of journalism in West Africa. Journalists in Gambia describe their daily fear of re

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

235 赖斯就美国导弹防御体系与俄方进行会谈 Rice in Moscow to Discuss Missile Defense Rebecca Santana 25 Jul 2001 17:03 UTC U.S. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice has arrived i

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(3)

Some northeastern states are under a state of emergency because of the dangerous snow storm bearing down on the region. It's expected to blanket much of New England with as much as 3 feet of snow. That means major disruptions to travel and possibly l

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Hello. This is my first trip, first time in life I'm outside of the walls of Gaza. I'm so happy to be here. 大家好,这是我的第一次旅行,人生中第一次离开加沙地带。能来到这里我非常高兴。 My ambition always was to b

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Unit 41 He is a teacher. I'm a teacher. 我是教师。 He is driver. 他是司机。 He is a teacher. 他是教师。 She is a journalist. 她是记者。 He is an engineer. 他是工程师。 She is a doctor. 她是医生。 I'm a pupil. 我是小学

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

UDY WOODRUFF: Finally tonight, to Mexico, and a personal look at the United States' neighbor to the south through the eyes of a journalist. MARGARET WARNER: Mexico is a country of riches and promise, now the second fastest-growing economy in Latin Am

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

本期内容: Carrie Gracie says the reaction to her resignation as the BBC's China editor shows there is a depth of hunger for equal, fair and transparent pay. The journalist, speaking as she co-presented the Today program with John Humphrys, has

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

I admit that my personality is about this Harvard as they come. You know, my television career began unexpectedly. As you've heard this morning. 我得承认 我的个性与哈佛学子的不谋而合其实 我的电视生涯是在不经意中开始的

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

A UK journalist abducted in Afghanistan has been freed by Nato troops in a dramatic pre-dawn raid. New York Times reporter Stephen Farrell was kidnapped on Saturday along with Afghan interpreter Sultan Munadi while investigating a Nato air strike. M

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Isabel Allende is considered to be among the greatest ever Latin American novelists. Her very successful novels are a mix of reality and mysticism. They are often based on her own experiences of life and of being a woman. She travels the world giving

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 世界名人简介