Journalist: What qualities does a university require when 1) enrolling students and what changes when they leave school? Richard: That’s a good one. The students coming into Yale, of course they hav

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

S: you know, Mary, I feel we meet somewhere before. Where were you born? M: I was born in Beijing, but I spent most of my childhood in London. S: what was your childhood like? M: I had a pretty strict upbringing, and my parents taught at an universit

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

When I was younger I wanted to be a journalist. I used to watch the news and think how amazing it would be to report from places around the world. I think journalism is a pretty tough profession. You really need a special character to survive. I thin

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-J

V. Lets Talk Script Journalist: Professor Williams, some people argue that the GDP does not reflect the true nature of the economy. Whats your opinion of the GDP measurement? Professor: The GDP is a core index in the calculation of a national economy

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:英国社会观察---女性创业者的酸甜苦辣Businesswomen 单词拼写: 1、Ensued:followed 2、Entrepreneurs:a pioneer who starts something, in particular a business 3、Condemnation:stronger criticism 4、

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

News in the age of information We are often told that the age of the information economy has arrived. The idea is that intellectual work is becoming a more important source of wealth than manufacturing. There are already too many factories for the nu

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Isabel Allende is considered to be among the greatest ever Latin American novelists. Her very successful novels are a mix of reality and mysticism. They are often based on her own experiences of life and of being a woman. She travels the world giving

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

English Writer Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Prize in Literature Kazuo Ishiguro, the Japanese-born English writer, has won the 2017 Nobel Prize in Literature. The Swedish Academy made the announcement Thursday in Stockholm. Sara Danius, the academys secr

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

1. Dutch investigators say it was the Russian made missile that shut down Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 over eastern Ukran last year. The report did not say concerned who fired the missile. It didn't identified where the lanch may happen the area is ab

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十)月

Abdumalik Bobaev, who reports on Uzbekistan for the Voice of America, is on trial for reporting, among other things, that journalists go to trial in Uzbekistan for doing their jobs. Abdumalik Bobaev, who has reported on Uzbekistan for VOA for the pas

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

BBC Learning English London Life Thames watermen and lightermen [Barge FX] William:A sound familiar to all Londoners - a noisy boat moving along the River Thames. [End FX] My names William Kremer and this is London Life. The people who move boats al

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 伦敦生活

Former Journalist Sabaa Tahir Writes Dystopian Fantasies Inspired By The News play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0003:58repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or upda

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Police say the ongoing investigation that prompted yesterday's anti-terror raids in Sydney and Brisbane is likely to lead to more arrests and charges. Four people have been charged in relation to an alleged plot to kidnap and execute a member of the

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2014年

文本: S: So what do you keep on here in general, I mean? I: Pictures, information, anything I might find useful. J: What, for blackmail? I: For protection. I make my way in the world; I misbehave. I like to know people will be on my side exactly

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

By Chris Simkins Washington 07 April 2008 Amemorial has been unveiled in Washingtonto honor journalists from around the world who have died or were killed while covering the news. The memorial is part of a new museum dedicated to journalism called t

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

By Phuong Tran Dakar 12 October 2007 In Niger, police continue to detain journalist Ibrahim Manzo Diallo, who ran the only newspaper in a region where there is an on-going rebellion against the government. Phuong Tran has more from VOA's West Africa

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA常速英语(十月)

By Nick Wadhams Nairobi 11 July 2007 An international media group says Eritrea is jailing more journalists than any other nation in Africa. As Nick Wadhams reports from our East Africa bureau in Nairobi, the harsh conditions have forced many journali

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

The Iraqi journalist who threw his shoes in protest at former U.S. President George W. Bush has been released from prison. Muntazer al-Zaidi speaks during a press conference at the offices of his employer Baghdadiyah TV, 15 Sep 2009 Muntazer al-Zaid

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(九月)

A number of Chinese stars recently attended the 2017 annual VIVO NetEase Attitude Awards ceremony in Beijing. In this video, they reveal what they have been up to lately behind the scenes.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Topic1 Most seniors in Beijing exclude in-laws from willsNearly 7,000 elderly citizens in Beijing have registered their last wills and testaments at a welfare center since last March. According to the China Will Register Center, nearly all of them ex

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议