On a walk or bike ride home from the grocery store, a new robot is designed to carry your groceries. Following a few feet behind, it can navigate a crowded urban sidewalk while you walk unencumbered. Once you teach it the route, it can also go back t

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

Congress is backing President Obama's request to extend the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance which would affect tens of millions of Americans. The legislation approved today also averts a scheduled cut to doctors who treat Medicare patients

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

Bree:Come on,Lynette.You can't tell me this money won't take the pressure off. 布雷:别说了,丽奈特,别说这笔钱不会减轻你的压力啊。 Lynette:It would.But I can't.I wouldn't want it to affect our friendship. 丽奈特:的确会减

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Exercise 3-6: Reading the Sound When you read the following schwa paragraph, try clenching your teeth the first time. It won't sound completely natural, but it will get rid of all of the excess lip and jaw movement and force your tongue to work harde

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美式英语正音训练

Pre-Listening Vocabulary pasta: a staple Italian dish, shapes made from flour, water, and sometimes egg retain: to keep translation: the process of changing a word into a different language reed: a tall thin grass that grows in a marshy area spiral:

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Defense Secretary Robert Gates meeting with reporters at the Pentagon today said he realizes there is growing impatience with the war in Afghanistan. But he took exception to the idea the war, in his words, is slipping through the administration's f

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Kelly Sweet - We Are One Didn't need to ask Don't know the reason Everything that I believe Is right here Not thinkin' bout tomorrow Couldn't catch it if I tried World is spinning too fast So I'll wait 'til it comes to me I am you You are me We are

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

ROME, Dec. 18 (Xinhua) -- Luis Enrique claimed he was living his happiest day as Roma head coach after his side beat Napoli 3-1 on Sunday. This is my happiest day on the Roma bench, the under-fire Spaniard was quoted by football-italia.net as saying.

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - Maria Callas, 1923-1977: A Beautiful Voice and Intense Personality By Shelley Gollust / Broadcast: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 16:00:00 UTC ANNOUNCER: Welcome to People in America in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. Today, Shirley Gri

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十一)月

European stock markets were volatile Monday despite the European Central Bank saying it intended to buy up government debt. European Commission spokesperson Ollie Bailly said Monday that the measures taken by the European Central Bank should calm inv

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

We grew up believing that being Chinese was the greatest advantage in life; in our house, everything important in life came from China, was invented in China, owed all to the Chinese. 我们始终相信作为中国人是生活中最大的优势。在我

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

There is a car race near our town every year. In 1995, there was a very bigrace. There were hundreds of people there. My wife and I were at the race. Our friends Julie and Jack were there, too. You can see us in thecrowd. We are standing on the left.

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语学习乐园

Part-time Job When my son was a hign-school sophomore, he got a part-time job sacking groceries at a supermarket. He came home all smiles.

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

趣味英语:Keys? Kiss? AfriendofminewasgivinganEnglishlessontoaclassofadultwhohadrecentlycometoliveintheUnitedStates.Afterplacingquiteanumberofeverydayobjectsonatable,heaskedvariousmembersofthecla

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

When the waitress asked if I wanted my pizza cut into four or eight slices, I said, Four. I dont think I can eat eight. 服务员问我披萨要切成4份还是8份,我说:4份,8份的话我就吃不下了。 The only time to eat diet food is w

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

ROME, Feb. 6 (Xinhua) -- Italian giants AC Milan will see their striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic sidelined in the clash against league leaders Juventus on February 25, as the Swedish international was handed a three-match ban on Monday. The Swede, who has

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.寻问餐厅 Could you recommend a nice restaurant near here? 是否可介绍一家附近口碑不错的餐厅? Is there a Chinese restaurant around here? 这附近是否有中国餐厅? I want a restaurant with reasonable prices. 我想去一家价位

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Business 商业报道 Italian fashion 意大利时尚 French invasion 法国的入侵 Galling as it is, it makes sense for Italian brands to sell to big French firms 如此难堪,意大利品牌卖给法国大公司是有道理的 Italian style, Fr

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Italian payment practices 意大利的支付习惯 Unhealthy delays 有害的延误 Late payments are an Italian specialityparticularly in health care 延迟支付是意大利的特色尤其在医药保健领域 IN MEDICINE speed is of the essence. 在

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Zolas Gelato Dreams Come True FRI 13 NOV 2015 Gianfranco Zola opens his Italian caf and selects an ice cream to cheer up Jose Mourinho

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版