You've found that perfect pricey gift to your significant other. Now you decided to pick up a little something else, but wait! The second smaller gift can actually take away from the powerful impression from the gift No. 1. That's according to the an

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

In its first full quarter since the iPhone 7's release, Apple reported net sales of $78.4bn (62.3bn pounds), up 3% on the same period a year ago. 在iPhone 7发布第一个季度之后,苹果公司报告称,其净销售额达到了784亿美元(约

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Several Afghan soldiers are dead as a result of friendly fire by German forces in Afghanistan. Brigadier-General Eric Tremblay says the troops were mistaken for insurgents. A German patrol became under contact, probably under a very complex attack by

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Apple Announces the Return of a Smaller iPhone The technology company Apple announced a new, smaller sized iPhone on Monday at a press event in Cupertino, California. iPhone SE Apple head Tim Cook said customers had asked that the company continue ma

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Rebecca: Alright, so today we're going to talk about kids and technology. So Gareth, you're a father. Do you have any opinions on when children should be introduced to technology? Gareth: Yeah, I have a lot of opinions. I'm really interested in paren

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Hey, Alex. Can I ask you a question? 嗨,阿莱克斯。我能问你一个问题吗? Sure. What is it? 当然。什么问题? Do you have a motorcycle? 你有摩托车吗? Yes, I do. But I don't drive it very often. 是的,我有。但是我不

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 大家说英语

Business 商业 E-readers 电子书 Turning the page 翻开新篇章 Microsoft and Barnes amp; Noble write their own love story 微软公司与巴诺公司握手言和,共谱传奇 LAST July Barnes amp; Noble gave a presentation to the antitrust di

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Business. 商业。 E-readers. 电纸书。 Turning the page. 微软和Bamp;N相逢一笑泯恩仇。 Microsoft and Barnes amp; Noble write their own love story. 微软和Barnes amp; Noble共写爱情故事。 LAST July Barnes amp; Noble gave a prese

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

最近一款名为旅行青蛙(travel frog)刷爆了朋友圈。大大填补了众多 空巢青年们寂寞的内心。 New Words capture vt. 俘获;夺得; desperate adj. 不顾一切的;令人绝望的;极度渴望的 charger n. 充电器;

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

1. 制造惊喜 Phil Schiller: (苹果全球市场副总裁) We've got a great camera in iPhone 6 S ad 6 S Plus. It's a 12 megapixel isight camera. These were taken in Iceland. One of the things you see as our goal was: fantastic color. The skin tone

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀

He can get a sense of the sweep of the whole company, the iPhone and iPad, the iMac and laptop and everything we're considering. 他能够把握公司的全局,包括iPhone、iPad、iMac和笔记本电脑,以及其他我们正在考虑的产品。

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

After he was forced out, the process at Apple reverted to being engineer-driven. 在乔布斯被迫退出之后,这一过程又变成了以工程师为主导。 Before Steve came back, engineers would say 'Here are the guts' -- processor, hard driv

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 乔布斯传

This is SCIENCE FRIDAY. I'm Flora Lichtman. Up next, going digital in the golden years. Fans of the movie Babe might remember this scene, which is coming - coming at you soon. Essentially in this scene, the main character's wife gets a fax machine fr

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Microsoft and Intel 微软和英特尔 Wintel swings 微软和英特尔各觅新欢 The marriage that dominated personal computing becomes more open 强强联姻主导个人电脑市场之势日趋明朗 Sep 17th 2011 | from the print edition TOGETHE

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

Apple announced its new music streaming service on Monday, dubbed Apple Music, entering a hotly competitive market but offering a product that comes with tremendous strengths. 周一,苹果公布了名为Apple Music的新音乐流媒体服务。虽然

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(248) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Apple is purportedly tweaking the layout of its retail stores to shine a light on more products. 据称,苹果正在调整其零售商店的布局,以使得更多产品能够在灯光下熠熠生辉。 One device that's changing location is the i

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Wesley Chapel McDonald's on State Road 54 is the only location in the state with the new Create Your Taste menu and self-ordering kiosks. The store is one of only 12 nationwide with both options. 国道54号(State Road 54)上的韦斯利教堂麦

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(257) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Apple's recent obsession with gold-colored versions of its products is indeed a response to preferences in China. 苹果公司近来对金色产品的偏好实则是受中国的影响。 Apple CEO Tim Cook told Bloomberg Businessweek that the company

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Orewa High School in Auckland expects all year 9 students next year to have their own iPad, netbook or other mobile device like a Smart phone. The school says the most suitable is the iPad which costs between $800 and $1,000. The reason that the scho

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

He changed our lives. 他改变了我们的生活 Steve Jobs had a vision. 史蒂夫乔布斯很有远见 Like the world lost a John Lennon. 这世界像失去了另一位约翰列侬 He demanded perfection. 他追求完美 He could rip into people, 他

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 名人传记