But first: President Trump's marathon trip to Asia continued today, with perhaps the most high-stakes visit, to China. That comes after an important stop in South Korea. On the agendas in both countries, countering North Korea. John Yang reports. Pre

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

President Donald Trump is withdrawing the United States from the 2015 Paris climate change agreement. This makes the U.S. one of three countries to reject the international accord. Trump said the agreement hurts the U.S. economy and American workers.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Liberia has come a long way since the end of its second civil war in 2003. Since then, the economy grew by more than 7 percent per year, per capita income rose by nearly nine-fold, and life expectancy went from 53 to 61 years. 利比里亚自2003年结

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(273) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(10月)

I hope that you miss me 希望你会想念我 Put me down on history 把我铭记在你的过往 I feel such a reject now 我现在感到一阵的抵触 Get yourself a life 好好过你自己的生活吧 I hope that you're sorry 你应该对我感到内

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 舞曲狂欢

Todays episode concerns a what-you-may-have-been-wondering-about topic. That sure was a mouthful, and it illustrates the problem of stacked modifiers, which occurs when you string together too many words to describe a noun at the end of the mouthful.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Hi there, thanks for checking us out today. I'm Virginia Cha at the CNN center in Atlanta, with a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Are you ready for another health care overhaul plan? Well, Democratic Senator Max Baucus has unveiled a bill

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(九)月

Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan says his country is facing the biggest crisis since World War II. Hes doubled the number of troops being dispatched for rescue and relief to 100,000, and he is calling on his countrymen to pull together. Im confident

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

What can Internet do for us? Internet has four main applications as follows: l. E-mail. With Internet, people can compose, send, and receive electronic mails. Many people get dozens of messages a day and consider it as their primary way of interact

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

You belong among the wild flowers picked at the side of the road, You belong among the silent hours and broken telephones, You belong among the TV screens with sound turned down again, You belong where there's CCTV watching you every day, Well you be

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Researcher Blueprints Ovarian Cancer Tumors研究人员提出防治卵巢囊肿 Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer because by the time symptoms appear and diagnosis is made, it is generally too late for a cure. Last year, 22,000 women were diag

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

To complicate matters, after Picard's death the father-and-son team of Giovanni and Jacques Cassini repeated Picard's experiments over a larger area and came up with results that suggested that the Earth was fatter not at the equator but at the poles

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 万物简史

Loud and Clear(响亮而清晰) Song:Loud And Clear Artist:Cranberries Style:Pop I hope that you miss me Put me down on history I feel such a reject now Get yourself a life I hope that you're sorry For not accepting me For not adoring me That's

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 听歌学英语

BEIJING China, the worlds leading emitter of greenhouse gases from coal, is burning far more annually than previously thought, according to new government data. The finding could vastly complicate the already difficult efforts to limit global warming

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A Love That Will Last - RENEE OLSTEAD I want a little something more Don't want the middle or the one before I don't desire a complicated past I want a love that will last Say that you love Say im the one Don't kiss and hug me and then try to run I d

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文特辑精选

本期内容: Arnold Schwarzenegger has undergone heart surgery in Los Angeles. The Austrian-American film star and former California governor, 70, had a scheduled procedure to replace a valve at Cedars-Sinai hospital on Thursday. The device was in

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Song: I'm yours 我是你的 Artist: Jason Mraz 杰森玛耶兹 (上周教唱) Well you done done me and you bet I felt it. 好吧,你已经俘获了我的心,你肯定知道我感觉到了。 I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melt

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

I'd much rather have my yogurt and granola bar and salad dressing with omega-3 than have to take a capsule every morning. - Roy Fuchs, Monsanto Genetically modified foods have been controversial ever since they were introduced. But a new variety of G

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

MOSCOW, April 13 (Xinhua) -- Russia will vote against a new draft U.N. resolution on Syria, the Foreign Ministry said Saturday. The document, prepared by a number of countries and to be voted soon at the U.N. General Assembly, is obviously biased and

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Brazil's president Michel Temer says organized Criminals have all but seized control of the state of Rio de Janeiro. Mr. Temer made the comments after signing a presidential decree authorizing an army general to supervise Crime fighting operations in

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

China is warning that Vietnam's offer to its citizens of a cruise to islands in the South China Sea violates Chinese sovereignty. The comment came after Vietnam said it would offer scores of its citizens a cruise to China's Nansha islands that are un

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台