If you take out a student loan to help pay for college, you're going to have to pay back the money you borrow plus the interest. And with college getting more expensive, more people are turning to loans to help pay for it. President Obama has a coupl

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(十)月

This is Scientific American's sixty seconds science, I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? The eastern green tree frog looks exactly like the close related cops gree tree frog, the big difference between the two species is beneath the surface. The eastern

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. If you want to slow aging, you might want to eat less. Researchers in the United States say eating less can slow the aging process of cells in the body. This finding is good news if you

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(三)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. Life requires balance. We balance work and family. We eat a balanced breakfast, sometimes. And we balance our electrolytes. That salt-water synergy is no

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

If you could add cells anywhere in your body, you might pick your brain. More brain cells should make you smarter, right? Well, a new study shows that they might just make you fatter. Becauseanimals that make new nerve cells in a brain region that co

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. You probably remember exactly what you were doing when you first heard the news on 9/11. Thats because the brain has ways to file information so that thi

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

W: Hi, Mark. I know you are an expert in skincare. M: Well, I wouldn't say that, but I do know something. So how can I help you? W: I think I have an oily skin and there are always small bumps here and there on my face. How can I get rid of them? Th

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

[00:07.52] You probably know a famous saying about the importance of eating apples [00:14.58]It is,An apple a day keeps the doctor away. [00:19.83]Now,a new American study shows eating apples may help fight cancer,too. [00:28.16]Research scientists a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美国英语听力80篇

[00:04.57]A new American study shows that chemicals used to kill insects in the home may increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease. [00:17.14]Earlier studies have shown that people who work around pesticides are at greater risk of developin

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美国英语听力80篇

III. Listening In Task 1: Stem Cell Research Script Gregory: The Republican party in America is opposing stem cell research. I find it hard to believe that in this day and age, someone would do that. Lillian: Stem cell research sounds pretty impressi

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 4

2009年 1.Not choice, but habit rules the unreflecting herd,William Wordsworth said in the 19th century. 【分析】复合句。直接引语中,not....but连接两个主语,谓语动词单复数遵循就近原则。 【译文】不是选择,而是

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

2. But brain researchers have discovered that when we consciously develop new habits, we create parallel paths, and even entirely new brain cells, that can jump our trains of thought onto new, innovative tracks. 【分析】多重复合句。句子主干

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Is Cloning the Future? Saving lives has always been an important mission of science. Now science, and indeed all society, is facing a new dilemma:whether or not to try and save more lives through huma

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Cloze: Stingers of the Sea Given impressive-sounding names like

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Science and technology. 科技。 Photoelectric cells. 光电池。 To dye for. 利用染料进行能量转化。 A new type of cell may bring solar energy indoors. 一种新型电池也许能带来室内太阳能。 THE phrase indoor solar power sou

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

HEALTH REPORT - Scientists Develop Stem Cells Without Loss of EmbryosBy Caty Weaver Broadcast: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Researchers say they have found

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(八)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science, I am Cynthia Graber. This'll just take a minute. Imagine tweezers so fine that you could reach right into a cell and manipulate individual molecules. MIT researchers have created such a tweezer, using

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

One of the goals of regenerative medicine is to make tissue to replace our own damaged body parts. Thats still a ways off. But starting with mouse embryonic stem cells, researchers have succeeded in creating heart muscle that actually beats. The stud

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science. Im Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? A rolling stone gathers no moss. But a salamander embryo can attract algae inside its tissues and cells. This intimate co-habitationthe first ever seen between algae and a

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

听力文本 Recording 30 录音30 1. We've recently been doing some research involving mice. We were trying to find out what causes the cells in our body to age. 1、我们最近在做一些和老鼠有关的研究。我们尝试找出我们体内的细

发表于:2019-03-15 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 剑桥雅思报考指南