SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Cloning in South Korea / Ancient Insect / Preeclampsia Research By Broadcast: Tuesday, March 09, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: This is Science in the News, in VOA Special English. I'm

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Daytime Wounds Heal Faster A new study suggests that the timing of a wound affects the speed at which it heals. 一项新研究表明,受伤的时间点会影响伤口愈合的速度。 Wounds suffered during the day heal around 60 percent faster t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Scientists Test New Treatment for Injuries that Produce Arthritis American researchers are looking for new ways to reduce arthritis pain. Arthritis is known to affect older people. Over time, the joints of the body suffer damage and become inflamed.

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Lifetime of Exercise Slows Aging From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. 这里是VOA慢速英语健康生活报道。 If you have been meaning to add more exercise to your daily routine, you may want to start sooner rather th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Lifestyle report. If you have been meaning to add more exercise to your daily routine, you may want to start sooner rather than later. A 2018 study has found that a lifetime of regular exercise and activi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

By David McAlary Researchers have shown that it may be possible to prevent sexual transmission of the AIDS virus HIV with a compound now in the experimental stage. Female monkeys who received it vagin

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--健康科技

We use those in my field of bone marrow transplantation. 我们把这些干细胞用于骨髓移植领域。 Geron, just last year, started the first trial using human embryonic stem cells to treat spinal cord injuries. 杰龙去年开始第一次尝试

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科学篇

Broadcast: April 30, 2003 By Nancy Steinbach This is the VOA Special English Health Report. American researchers say drinking tea may help strengthen the body's defense system against infection. Docto

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-健康资讯

Imagine a world where sunlight can be captured to produce electricity anywhere, on any surface. The makers of thin-film flexible solar cells imagine that world too. But a big problem has been the amount of silicon needed to harvest a little sunshine.

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

When people suffer from a migraine, they often retire to a cave-like dark room. But exactly why does bright light hurt the migraine sufferer? A possible answer was published this week in the online issue of journal Nature Neuroscience. A big clue was

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(一)月

Plants are sitting ducks for every hungry herbivore that wanders past. But for some greens, a little grazing is the best thing that can happen. They grow back faster and fuller and make more seeds than they would have if left alone. Now scientists kn

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(八)月

Patients undergoing coronary bypass surgery need implants of new, healthy blood vessels. So do those who receive repeated hemodialysis due to kidney failure. The best option is to use the patient's own veins or arteries, but thousands of patients don

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

The Secretary of the US Army delivers a stinging indictment today against those accused of sloppy record keeping at Arlington National Cemetery. And John McHugh tells the families of those resting in that hallowed ground that he is deeply sorry. Toda

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Recently, I celebrated another birthday. As I look back at how quickly time passes, I am amazed at how much can change in a matter of a year. I think we go through cycles of change -- when the complete unexpected throws you off your equilibrium --giv

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 英语阅读理解

This is the VOA Special English Health Report. The word metastasize means to change form, state or position. It is not a word cancer patients want to hear. Cancer can spread in a body two ways. As a tumor grows it may invade neighboring tissue or or

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: File photo of embryonic stem cells in a laboratory dish And I'm Pat Bodnar. This week, we will tell about efforts to make what appear to be embryonic stem cel

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: And Im Barbara Klein. This week, we talk about a sickness called lupus and other autoimmune diseases. Autoimmune diseases affect the immune system the bodys na

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(二)月

BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. Today, we will tell how technology could help doctors meet demand for transplant organs. We also will tell about a scientific effo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Salmonella Turned Into Cancer Killing Super Bug 沙门氏菌已转化为杀死癌细胞的超级战士 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health and Lifestyle Report. Not many people consider a bacterium that makes millions of people sick a frien

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Mucus: Your Friend Against Bacteria 粘液助你对抗细菌 When you are sick with a cold or the flu, you may have a runny nose. Why is it called a runny nose? Because of the mucus flowing and dripping from your nose. Yucky! But, guess what? Mucus i

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月