This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Cynthia Graber. This will just take a minute. Its the time of year to take a look backand thats just what the journal Science did as they listed their most important breakthroughs of 2008. At the v

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

04 Electricity The modern age is an age of electricity. People are so used to electric lights, radio, televisions, and telephones that it is hard to imagine what life would be like without them. When there is a power failure, people grope(摸索) abo

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(278) / 评论(0) 分类 英语范文背诵20篇

如何挤出更多时间 I have no idea. Obviously, nothing you do will add a second more time to your day or your life, so I would be remiss here if I provided any advice on that. What I really mean is how do I ensure the quality of the time that I

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: September 24, 2003 This is Phoebe Zimmermann with the VOA Special English Health Report. For many years, researchers have been studying ways to extend life and to improve

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-环境与健康

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? Could the eradication of smallpox have been a factor in the spread of HIV? Thats the question posed by researchers in the journal BMC Immunology, who think that the vacc

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

[00:05.49]Physical changes, such as gray hair and small lines on the face, appear as we grow older. [00:15.78]Now, American scientists say such changes may result partly from changes in our genetic material. [00:24.24]They say these genetic mutations

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国英语听力80篇

Virginia State authorities and agents from five federal law enforcement organizations raided the Leesburg, Virginia headquarters of independent presidential candidate, Lyndon LaRouche, this morning. NPR's Frank Browning reports. Three key members of

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(204) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语听力

Chinese medicine has been getting some props lately. A couple of recent studies have demonstrated the medical potential of traditional treatments. Part of the challenge of AIDS is that immune cells lose their ability to divide and thus their disease

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十二)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science,I am Karen Hopkin.This'll just take a minute. Losing weight is no walk in the park. (Although a walk in the park wouldnt hurt). Seems no matter what diet you try, those stubborn love handles just wont g

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

This is Scientific Americans 60-Second Science, I am Cynthia Graber, this will just take a minute. The disease hepatitis C might provide a new tool in the fight against HIV AIDS ,say scientists at the Scripps Institute and in the Netherlands.The rese

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Karen Hopkin. This will just take a minute. The heart-stopping news from Stockholm is that the heart never stopsgrowing, that is. Because researchers have shown that the human heart continues to pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(四)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? One of the dreams of biomedical scientists is to be able to transform adult cells into other kinds of cells. And thus avoid some of the ethical concerns of working with

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

After hundreds of years, the most common, basic microscopes still operate by means of the same old hardware: the lens. But what if you could do away with that lens and create a microscope that fits on a cell phone? Thats what researchers led by Aydog

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(六)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Christopher Intagliata. Got a minute? I've always thought that when I get a fever, it's my body trying to make things uncomfortable for the invading pathogen. And that's often truehigher temperatur

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(十一)月

VOICE ONE: This is Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And this is Steve Ember with THE MAKING OF A NATION, a VOA Special English program about the history of the United States. Today we tell about some important policy decisions during the first term of Pres

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(九)月

Science and Technolgy. 科技。 Photoelectric cells. 光电池。 To dye for. 染料光电池。 A new type of cell may bring solar energy indoors. 一种新型电池有望将太阳能引进室内。 THE phrase indoor solar power sounds like an oxym

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Study Finds Older Fathers Are More Likely to Have Autistic ChildrenBy Caty Weaver and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(九)月

An end to grey hair and crows-feet could be just 10 years away after scientists showed 科学家发现,动物的衰老过程有可能逆转。 it is possible to reverse ageing in animals. 从此以后,可能仅需10年,人类就可以告别白发

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

The Miracle Teabag Doctors have used a revolutionary stem cell treatment to restore the power of speech for a stroke victim. Walter Bast also regained the use of his right arm after the operation to place a 'teabag' of drug-producing stem cells in hi

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Electricity The modern age is an age of electricity. People are so used to electric lights, radio, televisions, and telephones that it is hard to imagine what life would be like without them. When there is a power failure, people grope about in flick

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(292) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读