But why? asked Benny, shocked. Sid had been so nice, giving them lunch and everything. Why would he refuse to sign their comic book? Because, stated Sid Hoyt, your comic is a fake. I didnt draw it. Jessie gasped. A fake! Are you sure? Positive. Wait

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 93 The Comic Book Mystery

There is no end to the making of books. Nor does there seem to be any end to the making of lists of great books. There have always been more books than anyone could read. And as they have multiplied through the centuries, more and more blue-ribbon li

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 品茗经典

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week We tell about a new children's book on Charles Darwin and his famous theory Answer a question from Burma about America's greatest presidents And

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

AS IT IS 2015-03-30 Book Publishers Warn of Censorship in Hong Kong Book publishers and authors are warning that censorship is increasing in Hong Kong. They say bookstores are returning books connected to authors who have been involved in the recent

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Columbia Records Turns 125 With a New Book About Its Past Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. Im June Simms. On our show this week, we play some music from Columbia Records, which is celebrating its one-hundred twenty

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

A: May I help you with something? B: I would like to return these books. A: What happened to this book? B: I dropped it, and the cover tore off. A: Im going to have to charge you for the damage. B: How much? A: Its only $5. B: Thats not too bad. A: I

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

A: How may I help you? B: I couldnt find the book I was looking for. A: Have you checked the database? B: I checked. A: Was it on the shelf? B: It should have been, but it wasnt. A: Maybe someone took it. B: Will you be getting another copy anytime s

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: During his first few years in the Senate, Minnesota Democrat Al Franken avoided what he called the funny. But deep into his second term, Franken has gotten comfortable letting his comedic roots show. He has a new book out about h

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

Idiom: Oldest trick in the book 老掉牙的骗人的把戏 Hit the book: Stress relief food Emotional eating Underlying Fleeting moment Shrink Transform Nourish Empower

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Six-year-old Benny Alden put down the Captain Fantastic comic book with a satisfied sigh. That was cool, he said. Especially when Captain Fantastic jumped over a building to catch the bad guys. It was a good story wasnt it? said ten-year-old Violet.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 93 The Comic Book Mystery

汪培珽的英文私房书单,适合从 0 开始的小朋友从头学英语。 汪培珽分级书单 AnICanReadBooklevel1-2 ( PDF 文本下载)

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽分级书单 An I Can Read Book lev

Comic Book Heroes Expand Their Reach Fans from all over Houston and beyond came to the 8th Dimension Comic Book Store to meet the author and artist who created Marvel Comics new series Scarlet Spider, which is set right here. On behalf of the city of

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

Jonah Hex. Are these the boys you wanted? You surely have done us quite a favor. A transaction is all it was. I'll collect my hundred dollar bounty on them and be on my way. From Superman and Spider Man to Josie and the Pussycats, Hollywood has a lon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(六)月

AnonymousBookDishesonLifeasaBlackMaidin'TheHelp' A hit novel about black and white women in the American south 50 years ago has been made into a film that is winning widespread critical acclaim. Alan Silverman has this look at The Help. I was raised

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Green Book is a new movie that chronicles a prominent black musician and his white driver's tour through the Deep South in 1962. The title comes from a popular and essential guide that told African-American travelers where they cou

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Samuel was back at the thrift shop. He had walked into the shop with only one goal in mindto find a book that he had NOT bought yesterday. The book was one of seven that he had piled up yesterday. He was going to buy all of them. But at the last mome

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

汪培珽的英文私房书单,适合从 0 开始的小朋友从头学英语。 汪培珽分级书单 AnICanReadBooklevel1-2 ( PDF 文本下载)

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽分级书单 An I Can Read Book lev

By Mariam Mahmood Washington, D.C. 28 November 2007 A new comic book is taking the world by storm. The 99 features Muslim superheroes who embody each one of the 99 characteristics of God described by Islam. The comic, already a hit in the Middle Eas

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

29 There is no frigate like a book Emily Dickinson There is no frigate like a book To take us lands away, Nor any coursers like a page Of prancing poetry. This traverse may the poorest take Without oppress of toll; How frugal is the chariot That bea

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 希望长着翅膀

Pre-Listening Vocabulary iconic: famous or well-known for its time float: to be up in the air; not resting on the ground manuscript: the written text of a book incorporate: to add in; to combine element: an aspect or detail adage: a proverb, a short

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语