Historic preservationists are often passionate in their zeal to keep the wrecking ball from beloved buildings. One man even died in the process. Richard Nickel spent years with his camera, documenting and arguing against the demolition of buildings

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

【今日基础词】Enable 【Transcript】 Little Robert asked his mother for two cents. What did you do with the money I gave you yesterday? I gave it to a poor old woman, he answered. Youre a good boy, said the mother proudly. Here are two cen

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(258) / 评论(0) 分类 听基础单词练听力

President Bush Meets with Bicameral and Bipartisan Members of Congress to Discuss Economy THE PRESIDENT: I want to thank the leaders of the House and the Senate for coming. I appreciate our presidential candidates for being here, as well. We are in

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Graph Search的理念在于,以谷歌搜索引擎发掘互联网信息的方式,发掘Facebook网站社交图谱的含义。Graph Search扩展了Facebook的核心使命:不仅帮助用户与已知的他人建立联系,还能成为一款发现工

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

AS IT IS 2014-04-11 Amnesty International Issues New Guide on Fair Trials 国际特赦组织在公平审判问题上发布新的指南 Hello, my friends, and welcome back. It is time to learn and improve your American English. Im Jim Tedder in Washin

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

DAVID GREENE, HOST: Ohio's governor, John Kasich, is back on the national stage this week. He's out with a new memoir about his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination. The book is called Two Paths: America Divided Or United. I spoke with

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

Exhibit Salutes Children's Author Who Introduced Minority Characters Shakespeare asked, What's in a Name? A lot, it turns out. Take Ezra Jack Keats, the famous childrens book author and illustrator, who died in 1983. Keats wrote and illustrated more

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)