Hes here! Benny said excitedly, letting the curtain drop back from the living room window. He had been watching for Sid to arrive since breakfast. Benny, said Mrs. McGregor. Its not polite to press your nose against the window. The housekeeper straig

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 93 The Comic Book Mystery

A: How may I help you? B: I need to return these books. A: What happened to this one? B: The cover came off. A: Youre going to need to pay for the damage. B: How much are you talking? A: Its going to be $5. B: Thats not bad at all. A: It really isnt.

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

A: What can I do for you? B: I was looking for a book, but I couldnt find it. A: Did you check our database to see if it was on the shelf? B: I already did. A: Is it on the shelf? B: I didnt see it. A: Apparently somebody took that book out of the li

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

A: May I help you? B: I cant find the book I want. A: Why dont you try looking at the database? B: I checked it already. A: Do we have it available? B: It wasnt there. A: I guess it is lost. B: Will you be getting another copy? A: Yes, we will. B: Co

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

We New Zealanders regard ourselves as practical sports-loving people but we are also dreamers, writers and prolific readers. This is the beginning of the speech made by Deputy Prime Minister Bill English, at the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany last we

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

汪培珽的英文私房书单,适合从 0 开始的小朋友从头学英语。 汪培珽分级书单 AnICanReadBooklevel1-2 ( PDF 文本下载)

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽分级书单 An I Can Read Book lev

There is no Frigate like a Book To take us Lands away Nor any Coursers like a Page Of prancing Poetry - This Traverse may the poorest take Without oppress of Toll - How frugal is the Chariot That bears the Human soul. A book is compared to a ship bec

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语散文阅读

AMERICAN MOSAIC - The Best of 2005 in Music, Books and Movies By Shelley Gollust and Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Friday, December 30, 2005 (THEME) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special Engli

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

Self-help Book Becomes Romantic Comedy Comedian and radio host Steve Harvey appeared as himself in the film on his advice book for women. STEVE HARVEY: Actually, it started out just for my daughters, who are all of dating age. I started sitting them

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Book Chronicles Men's Evolution from Bread-Winners to Bread-Bakers With many mothers working outside the home, more fathers - such as New Yorker editor and cartoonist John Donohue - are cooking for their families. Donohue wanted to chronicle men's ro

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(七月)

Lesson 39 Add to 1.Add 3 to 3 , and you have 6. 2.Her father's death added to the bitterness of her life . 3.I intend to add some pictures to story-book . 4.This newly published book has added to his reputation . 5.I want to add another room to the h

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语初级版

Unit 102 Close the door. Close the door. 把门关上。 Close your eyes. 闭上眼睛。 Close the window. 关上窗子吧。 Close the curtains. 拉上窗帘。 Close your pencil-box. 关上文具盒。 Close your umbralla. 合上雨伞吧。 Close

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 傻瓜机从零开始学英语

Idiom: Open book 简单,易于沟通;理论一目了然 Hit the book: in the event of 万一发生 flame 火 engulf 吞没 collapsible 可拆卸的 escape ladder 逃生梯 in case 万一

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

汪培珽的英文私房书单,适合从 0 开始的小朋友从头学英语。 汪培珽分级书单 AnICanReadBooklevel1-2 ( PDF 文本下载)

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 汪培珽分级书单 An I Can Read Book lev

There is no Frigate like a Book To take us Lands away Nor any Coursers like a Page Of prancing Poetry - This Traverse may the poorest take Without oppress of Toll - How frugal is the Chariot That bears the Human soul. A book is compared to a ship bec

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

Judging a Book by Its Odor A study in the journal Analytical Chemistry identifies various organic compounds that old books give off and that can be analyzed noninvasively, offering important clues to an historic work's condition and prognosis. Steve

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(149) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Key Sentences(重点句子) 40.I'd like to book a room for Mr. Wilson of the International Trading Corp. 我想为国际贸易公司的威尔逊先生预订一个房间。 41.Our executive usually stays at your hotel and you may recognize the

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Lesson 310 It's rather a pity: 1.It's rather a pity.这真是太令人惋惜了。 2.It's rather cold today.今天确实很冷。 3.It's a rather good film.这确实是一部好电影。 4.You did rather badly.你确实做得太差劲了。 5.You're

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

Publishers' Dilemma: Judge A Book By Its Data Or Trust The Editor's Gut? KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: Publishing is a notoriously risky business. A publishing house might give a first-time author a six-figure deal, and then the book flops. It's always been h

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Liu Qiangdong, founder of JD.com and also husband of the young internet celebrity Sister Milk Tea, has recently published a book on his business model preside over Jingdong Mall In this book, 42-year old Liu Qiangdong recalls how he started his busin

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台