Big-eyed Owl Theres a big-eyed owl With a long pointy nose Two pointed ears And claws for her toes She lives way up high in the trees And when she looks at you She flaps her wings and says, Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 Gymboree金宝贝早教歌曲

McDonalds is celebrating the 50th anniversary of its world famous Big Mac. The Big Mac has been one of the most popular and best-selling items in the companys history. It is known for being bigger than a usual hamburger, with two pieces of meat separ

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(八)月

On a summer day in the month of May A burly bum came hiking Down a shady lane through the sugar cane He was looking for his liking As he roamed along, he sang a song Of the land of milk and honey Wher

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

He's the big cheese Helen: Hello, welcome to Real English from BBC Learning English. I'm Helen. Oliver: 嗨,我是Oliver。 Helen: Today were looking at words and phrases that you might not find in your dictionary. Oliver: 地道英语和大家一起学习现代英

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语在线听

每首歌曲中都有一段经典耐听的吉他SOLO。 i've been the fool been playing is cool pretending that i did i need you every you lies word i thought was right was wrong i figure it out using a reasonable dot all that i need is to hold you a

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐天堂

AMERICAN MOSAIC - Friday the 13th: So What's the Big Deal? By Nancy Steinbach,Caty Weaver Broadcast: Friday, May 13, 2005 (MUSIC) HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. I'm Gwen Out

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(192) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

'The Big Short' Explains the Global Financial Crisis In 2008, two big Wall Street firms, or companies that trade money and investments, collapsed. The U.S. economy plunged into the Great Recession. That meant the economy was weak and many people lost

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(268) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Our whole universe was in a hot dense state, 宇宙一度又烫又稠密 Then nearly fourteen billion years ago expansion started. Wait... 140亿年前终于爆了炸 等着瞧... The Earth began to cool, 地球开始降温 The autotrophs began to dr

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: Republicans are smoothing out the details of their tax overhaul legislation. They're hoping for final passage this month. They say the changes will lead to more jobs, more investment. Most economists, though, are questioning

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

Our series about a girl band, called the chiX, and their brainy little sister Gladys arrives at its final episode. The chiX have come second in the Eurovision Song Contest. They think that perhaps their dream is at an end. But Arny their manager is c

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 Children’s Stories-儿童故事集

I miss the words we used to say I miss the sounds of yesterday I miss the games we used to play like ohhh I was trapped inside a dream I couldn't see her next to me I didn't know she'd set me free like ohhh Something happens when I hold her She keeps

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

If the Dream Is Big Enough为了心中的梦想One day in her senior year, I saw her sitting in the grass, head cradled in her arms. I walked across the street and sat down in the cool grass beside her. Quietly I asked what was wrong. Oh, nothing, ca

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

5 Ways To Achieve Big Goals All of us have dreams wed love to make reality, and stretch goals that wed love to accomplish. I have a friend who wants to learn how to play piano, proficiently, at the age of 55. Another is just dying to find some time o

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

On my way home from class, I ran into Cara, a schoolmate that I have not seen in a few months. I stopped to say hi to her. Mark: Hey Cara! How's everything? Long time no see. Cara: Yeah! It's been a while. I'm doing alright. What about you? Mark: Gre

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

BEIJING, April 19 (Xinhuanet) -- Wong Kar Wai's martial arts biopic The Grandmasters is set for release on December 18, Sina Entertainment reports. The movie is based on the life story of Wing Chun grandmaster Yip Man, the legendary martial arts mast

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(376) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

TORONTO, March 30 (Xinhua) -- Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh and Lebron James combined to score 86 points for the Miami Heat in a 113-101 victory over the Toronto Raptors on Friday night. The victory was the Heat's second victory in as many nights, after de

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, June 7 (Xinhua) -- The United States is not shifting big number of troops into the Asia Pacific region, but will try and upgrade its engagement with limited means and foster allies' participation, said Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Marti

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是the big picture。 The big picture, 是从全局出发考虑问题的意思。Critics say the mayor lost sight of the big picture when he authorized the development project, 批评人士说,市长批准这个开发项目的

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

NEW YORK, Jan. 4 (Xinhua) -- U.S. stocks ended mixed on Tuesday as investors(投资者) pulled back after Monday's big gains. The Dow Jones industrial average added 20.43 points, or 0.18 percent, to 11,691.18. The Standard Poor's 500 index dipped(

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Big和large在作为形容词来描述尺寸的时候有着相同的含义,都表示大的,但是你知道big这个词的其他含义吗?看看今天的英语点滴来学习一下吧。 'Big' and 'large' 当表示大的时,有着相同的含义

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇