Lesson 13, The Ivy League Schools: Excellence in Education. 常春藤盟校教育界的佼佼者 The first permanent English settlement in the New World was at Plymouth Bay in what in now the state of Massachusetts in 1620. Merely 16 years later, a group of

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(394) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄高级美国英语

University mergence is a new trend in university development. As a hot topic on and off campus, it has received much of public attention. People's attitudes towards it vary greatly. People who against it see it as a hasty decision, which has some pot

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(302) / 评论(0) 分类 四级范文背诵50篇

EXPLORATIONS - MOOCs Are Moving Forward From VOA Learning English, this is EXPLORATIONS in Special English. Im Bob Doughty. And Im Faith Lapidus. Today we tell about the growing popularity of Massive Open Online Courses in higher education. The movem

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(294) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

Topic 5. On opening psychological courses. Many universities and colleges have now decided to open more psychological courses to their students. This is totally advisable and has been warmly welcomed. In the first place psychological courses are in u

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语六级作文

Narrator: Part Five. Listening Exercise 5.1. Listen to the following talk about two famous universities inEngland. Complete the table with the essential details of what you hear: The universities of Oxford and Cambridge are justifiably world famous.

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 202 Useful Exercises for IELTS

Despite the existence of Stanford, Preston, Princeton, MIT, and other outstanding universities in the United States,Harvard and Yale are perhaps the most recognized universities in China. They are like Oxford University and Cambridge University in

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 走进哈佛大学

The Times University rankings take into account nine factors, 《泰晤士报》大学排行榜着重考虑9个因素, Student Satisfaction, Research, Entry Standards, The student-staff ratio, Library and Computing spending, Facilities spending, Good

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 走进牛津大学

Since October 1992, League Tables of British Universities have been published annually by The Times,The Independent and several other organizations. 自1992年10月以来,英国大学排行榜每一年都会由《泰晤士报》《独立报》,以其

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 走进牛津大学

US Universities Reconsider Ties with Saudi Arabia Colleges and universities in the United States have received more than $350 million from the government of Saudi Arabia over the past 10 years. Yet some of these schools are reconsidering their ties w

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Education Report - What to Do About 'Reverse Brain Drain' in US? This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Congress is studying how to change immigration policies in an effort to get more foreign students to stay and work in the United States

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

第38期:推荐就业 希顿先生发现大多学校写的推荐信都大同小异,迪克劝其寻求其他途径。 Heaton: Mr. Dick. Does the recommendation of the university play an important role? Dick: Yes. In fact, the recommendation letter w

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 职场英语口语

African Universities: More Students, Less Money 非洲大学:更多学生,更少的钱 Education experts say Africas growing higher education system is important to its economic development. But African universities face a number of issues, including

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

University Students, Professors Clash over 'Free Speech' 大学生与教授因言论自由冲突 Freedom of speech is protected in the first amendment to the U.S. Constitution. But universities across the U.S. are debating if they will tolerate all k

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

US Universities Want More African Students 美国大学欲接收更多的非洲学生 From VOA Learning English, this is the Education Report. The United States is looking for sub-Saharan African students to study at American universities. There were

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(三)月

讲解 Todays key word is Youth. n. 年轻;青年,小伙子;初期. 例句 In my youth my ambition had been to be an inventor. 我年轻时的抱负是成为一个发明家。 延伸 Youth---the time of being young, early life. There is a saying in

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语悠选脱口秀

Like many of you, I'm one of the lucky people. I was born to a family where education was pervasive. I'm a third-generation PhD, a daughter of two academics. In my childhood, I played around in my father's university lab. So it was taken for granted

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

一、学习教育类: 3/35/137 Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. 教育机构有责任劝阻学生不要从事不太可能成功的科学研究。

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

In 1949 when the People's Republic of China was founded, only 117,000 students were attending colleges or universities. But the number soared to 37 million in 2015 - the world's largest student population. 1949年中华人民共和国成立的时候,

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Modern American Universities Before the 1850's, the United States had a number of small colleges,most of them dating from colonial days. They were small, church connected institutions whose primary concern was to shape the moral character of their st

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

BEIJING, Nov. 25 (Xinhua) -- About 1.12 million candidates sat the National Public Servant Exam on Sunday, an increase of 150,000 from last year, according to a State Administration of Civil Service. One out of 53 exam takers will be successful in ga

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻