Saving the planet seems to be a topic that we hear about more and more. Environmental policies are often a political topic, and they especially are in Canada. In this episode, Andrew and Maura talk about our impact on the environment and what people

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客-北美风情

Section 3 Sir, Madam, Mr., Mrs., Miss and Ms. 1In western countries, many titles are used. 2Men are usually called Mister. 3Women can have different titles. 4A woman can choose her title. 5If she is m

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

Falling home prices means more opportunities for buyers, but with lending standards tightening, improving your credit score is more important than ever. If you wanna guarantee yourself the best rates and the best terms that any lender has to offer,

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

必背句型: A:She did not abide by the terms of the agreement. 她没有遵守协议的条款。 B:So she lost the chance. 所以她失去了机会。 She did not observe the terms of the agreement. 她没有遵守协议的条款。 She did not obe

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语就该这么说

Jackie: Hello, I'm Jackie Dalton. Welcome to Entertainment, where this week we discuss a man who has emerged as one of the most successful sportsmen of the last year. Tiger Woods ended 2006 being named as the World Golfer of the Year for a record ei

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

经典句型:Let's talk about the terms of payment. 现在来谈谈付款方式吧。 A:Let's talk about the terms of payment. 甲:现在来谈谈付款方式吧。 B:We only accept payment by irrevocable LC payable against shipping documents. 乙:我们

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 生活口语天天说

AA: This is Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster -- as delegates in South Africa discuss racism, we discuss the language of race. RS: About thirteen percent of Americans are African American. They are now rivaled in number by

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: Im Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER with spring time approaching here in the United States our thoughts turn to bird watching. RS: Birds are easy to spot in everyday speech. A hierarchy in an organization is called a

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: terms from the recession. Dictionary editor Ben Zimmer is back with us. And it sounds like he's going to start with a popular term these days, shovel-ready. (Sound of shoveling)BE

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

A: I need to talk to you about something. B: What did you need to talk about? A: I have some questions about my lease. B: Like what? A: Exactly how long is my lease for? B: Your lease will be up in three years. A: What will happen if I move out befor

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

5. We'll not pay until we see the shipping documents for the goods. 见不到货物装船单据,我们不付款。 还能这样说: We prepare to pay when goods are received. You can receive the payment as soon as you deliver the goods. 谚语:

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

9. I'd like to suggest a four-year contract. 我建议签一份为期四年的合同。 还能这样说: I advise to sign a four-year contract. I sugest that the contract should be signed for four years. 谚语: A man without money is no man at a

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

14. May I have an idea of your prices? 可以了解一下你们的价格吗? 还能这样说: May I get wise to your price? Can I know your price? 应用解析: run away with the idea that 误以为,接受某错误的想法; the young idea 青

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇

African Union Official Hopes for a More Peaceful and Democratic Continent in 2010 The U.S. human rights monitoring group Freedom House says Africa ranks as the bleakest region in a bleak year in terms of political rights and civil liberties in 2009.

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

IBA Credit Limited 港基国际财务有限公司 IBU International Finance Limited IBU国际财务有限公司 Idle fund 游资;闲置资金 Illegal consideration 违法代价 Illegal loan 不合法贷款 Immediate interest 直接及现有的利益 Immediate outlook for the economy 经济近

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

LOS ANGELES, Feb. 23 (Xinhua) -- A Los Angeles judge warned troubled actress Lindsay Lohan on Wednesday that she could languish(憔悴) behind bars if she makes a plea bargain in her felony grand theft case. If the case settles here ... you will be g

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

商业金融术语词汇 IBA Credit Limited 港基国际财务有限公司 IBU International Finance Limited IBU国际财务有限公司 idle fund 游资;闲置资金 illegal consideration 违法代价 illegal loan 不合法贷款 immediate interest 直接及现有的利益 immediate outlook for

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

in absolute cash terms 按绝对现金数值 in absolute terms 按绝对价值计算 in custody of firm 商号保管 in debt 负债 in denomination of... 以……为单位 in money terms 按货币计算

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 财会英语

And I just look at this, and I think, yes, 看到这些,我想,是的 we could take that so much further by allowing people to set targets 我们能可以把它带到更广阔的境界,以让人们去设定目标的方式 by setting calibrated

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

英语说的不够顺畅,有时可能只差了一些过渡语。当然,过渡语只会用by the way也远远不够。快和Jenny、Adam学习更高级的过渡语吧! 关键词: Transition phrases 过渡语 #1.Speaking of which Speaking of

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 美国文化脱口秀