By Challiss McDonough Iraqis are marveling at their soccer team's good fortune at the Athens Olympics. The team won Saturday's quarterfinal against Australia, and is now just two games away from a pos

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

886.His first book was a best seller. 他的第一本书很畅销。 887.Ive finally graduated from college. 我终于大学毕业了。 888.I just got my dream job. 我刚刚得到了我梦寐以求的工作。 889.Youre taken some incredible photographs here. 你在这儿照了一些很棒

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 新英语900句之生活篇

Once there was a young man who came to ask Socrates how to learn philosophy①. Socrates said nothing but took him along to a river. He suddenly pushed him into the river forcibly②. At first the young man thought Socrates was kidding so he didnt ta

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(280) / 评论(0) 分类 傲慢与偏见.Pride.and.Prejudice

Success Is Counted Sweetest 成功的含义 Success is counted sweetest 从未成功的人们 By those who ne'er succeed. 最懂得成功的甜美. To comprehend a nectar 惟有极度的渴求 Requires sorest need. 方能体会甘露的滋味. Not on

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 感悟人生

One day a father was teaching his son and said, The keys to your success are keeping your word and cleverness. Once you give somebody a promise, you must carry it out on matter what will happen. This is called 'keeping one's words.' What is clevernes

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

Wealth Success and Love A woman saw three old men sitting in her front yard. She said, I dont think I know you, but you must be hungry. Please come in and have something to eat. We do not go into a house together. they replied. Why is that?she want

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

How important is success to you? What is success? I suppose its different things to different people. For me, success is having good friends, a loving family and doing well in my job. For other people, success only means being the best in the world.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-S

Todd: We're talking about education and about, you know, people applying themselves and giving grades and giving praise and stuff like that. Have you ever thought that maybe we, because we're both teachers, both of us are teachers, that maybe we put

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

How do you measure your own success? 你如何衡量自己的成功? How much satisfaction I get from doing the job and how much I contribute to the success of the organization I work for. 成功与否是以我能从工作中得到多少满足感和我

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语

One day a father was teaching his son and said,

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英文笑话

By Alex Villareal Washington 28 September 2007 A U.S. military commander in Iraq says coalition forces have crippled the core leadership group of al-Qaida in Iraq in a series of raids over the past few months. VOA's Alex Villarreal reports from Washi

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

By Jennifer Glasse London 18 September 2009 General David Richards The new head of the British army says success in Afghanistan is vital and the outcome of the conflict there will have a profound effect on geo politics. The general who is about to t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(九月)

Students Dress for Success in School and Life What am I going to wear to school today? is what she asks herself each morning, but not on Mondays. Thats when she puts on a nice outfit that makes her feel important and confident. At school, Diana and t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

Afghan Vote Deemed Success, Results Uncertain KABUL kabul Afghanistan's presidential vote is being hailed as a success, with seven million voters braving Taliban threats to go to the polls. But Afghans say the true success of the election lies with t

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

The prizes of life are at the end of each journey, not near the beginning; and it is not given to me to know how many steps are necessary in order to reach my goal. Failure I may still encounter at the thousandth step, yet success hides behind the n

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

A new breed of stars are in the making. The frontmens names are shouted by fans in the stadium. Their faces are printed on T-shirts. Their blog entries are pinned on the wall. 体育馆里,粉丝们的名字。他们的头像也被印制在人们的

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

By Michael Bowman Washington 25 December 2007 Turkey says recent military strikes against Kurdish fighters in northern Iraq have succeeded in killing hundreds of militants and destroying facilities and hideouts used by the rebels. VOA's Michael Bowma

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

By Daniel Schearf Irbil 28 February 2008 Iraq Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has declared success in efforts to achieve stability and eliminate sectarian violence in the country. In an address to millions of Shi'ite pilgrims, he urged Iraqis to work

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

13-Choosing Words to Create Success Did you know that you can increase your abilty to be successful by consciously choos-ing the right words? Its true! Lets say youre motivated,excited even, to create change in your life. Youve even gone so far as t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 摘取梦想的启蒙星

Australian and Chinese officials say the Free Trade Agreement between the 2 countries is filled with untapped potential for cross border business. But they warned at a trade event in Sydney this week that the historic agreement doesnt guarantee succe

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年