The interior of our house was last painted about 15 years ago, and the painting is now peeling and chipping in some places. Therefore, we decided to give the house a new fresh coat of paint. We wanted to paint the house the same color, so we took a f

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 在家—At Home

Jack paid $100,000 for his house. He had bought his house 30 years ago. It was a big house. It had four bedrooms. It had four bathrooms. Jack was alone. His wife had died. His children had moved out. His house was too big for one man. He decided to s

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

WHITE HOUSE The Obama administration is once again going to the American people to win support for one of its initiatives. The president and other White House officials are mounting a public campaign for passage of gun control legislation, evidenced

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Owl City 来自美国明尼苏达州奥瓦通纳(Owatonna, Minnesota)的大学二年级生,Adam Young,于2007年组建了Owl City乐队。他就是这支流行电子乐队的唯一成员,负责主音、合成器和编曲等工作。 随之独立发行的首张EP《Of June》,2008年发行了首张专辑《Maybe Im Dreami

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The White House has expressed confidence that the U.S. Supreme Court will uphold President Barack Obama's landmark health care reform law as constitutional. After the Supreme Court heard the final legal argument on the health care law, a White House

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Jan. 4 (Xinhua) -- U.S. House of Representatives(众议院) Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Tuesday conducted her last news conference as head of the House, bidding farewell as Republicans(共和党) are set to take over in the lower cham

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

White House白色的屋子 让音符长了脚 钢琴跳起舞 全美电视、电台陷入疯狂 凡妮莎一人分饰二角最新单曲「White Houses」 「我总是把弹钢琴当作是真我的解放。」这是不平凡的女生 Vanessa Carlton /

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 流行英文歌曲

WASHINGTON, Jan. 17 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama has insisted on his stance that Congress should increase the country's debt ceiling without delay, White House spokesman Jay Carney said Thursday. The President has made clear he's not going

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The House Of Rising Sun - 美国乡村音乐 There is a house in New Orleans在奥尔良有一座房子 They call the Rising Sun他们叫它升起的太阳 And its been the ruin of many a poor boy在那片废墟里有很多贫困的人 And God I know Im one上帝知道我就是其中之一 My mot

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

在译名工作中,经常能遇到外国机构或建筑物名称中带有House这一单词,翻开英汉大词典,House的意思也很多。那么这一单词应该怎么译呢? 例如,英国的Clarence House是英国王室住所,原来被错

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笔译

WASHINGTON, March 6 (Xinhua) -- U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday voted to pass a six-month stopgap funding bill to keep the federal government in operation till September, a move to avert another possible government shutdown. By a 267-151 vote

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(223) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: using the Internet to help make sense of words that are closely related. RS: Like house and home, for example. Both describe a living situation. But house refers to the building,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词大师-Word Master

If you live in Wellington, go to Frank Kitts Park on the waterfront to see the Kiwi bach called First Light. It will be there from today until May 24th. Four Victoria University architecture students designed this small house like a Kiwi bach for a c

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

A house or a home? That is the question. How do we know when to use one or the other? In todays Ask a Teacher, we answer this question from one of our readers on Facebook. Answer: Hello and thanks for asking! Both house and home are nouns that refer

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

U.S. House Speaker urges Obama to lead on debt talks WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama should play a leading role in resolving the imminent fiscal cliff through bipartisan negotiations, John Boehner, Speaker of the U. S. Hous

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

CAIRO, Jan. 29 (Xinhua) -- The polling stations of Egypt's Shura Council (upper house of parliament) elections closed Sunday on the first day of the two-day vote with a low turnout rate of voters. In the first stage of the upper house elections, vote

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1, 2, 3, 4 You don't talk to me Not the way that you used to Maybe I don't deserve In a way that makes you think I do I've been wondering About what we're gonna do A house full of empty rooms You don't kiss me, Not the way that I wish you would Maybe

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Who needs a house up on a hill When you can have one on four wheels And take it anywhere the wind might blow? You don't ever have to mow the yard Just hang a map and throw a dart And pray to God the engine starts and go Water and electric and a place

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

WASHINGTON, Jan. 5 (Xinhua) -- The 112th Congress of the United States was called to order on Wednesday, and John Boehner was elected (当选) Speaker in the House of Representatives. In his first address as the House's top member, Boehner focused on

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

House decoration房屋装饰10140818184e075d58.jpgOne of the house decorations is to post couplets ondoors. On the Spring Festival couplets, good wishes are expressed. 房屋装饰之一就是在门上贴对联。在春联上,抒发良好的祝愿。

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening