English as a Second Language Podcastwww.eslpod.comESL Podcast 745 Welcoming a HouseguestThese materials are copyrighted by the Center for Educational Development (2011). Posting ofthese materials on another website or distributing them in any way is

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之日常生活

[00:19.29]Haunted School House [00:25.32]闹鬼的校舍 [00:43.57]It was after these two weeks had past [00:46.45]that I was awake enough to notice things. [00:50.21]It's odd, when I am tired but not totally downtrodden [00:55.31]is when I am my most sen

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语灵异故事

AS IT IS 2016-02-27 'Fuller House' Now on Netflix This is Whats Trending Today Full House was an American television show from the 1980s to the 1990s. It was among the most popular TV shows of its time. The show followed a widowed father who asks his

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月

A: Thank you for coming to look at my house. B: I really wanted to take a look and help give you an idea of what we need to do. A: When will people come to look at my house? B: Basically, there are two ways people can view your home. They can come to

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A dead bird was on the kitchen floor. Sam had left a present again. Sam was their black cat. He hunted at night. He was a good hunter. He brought home birds and lizards. Usually he left them outside on the patio. Sometimes he brought them into the ho

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on Wordmaster: using the Internet to help make sense of words that are closely related. RS: Like house and home, for example. Both describe a living situation. But house refers to the building,

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

JEFFREY BROWN: And finally tonight, a woman is attacked and the life of her 13-year-old son, Joe, is altered forever, along with his family. That's the dramatic outline of the new novel The Round House by Louise Erdrich, which has been nominated for

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Zimbabwes President Robert Mugabe made his first public appearance since the military placed him under house arrest this week. Zimbabwes long-time leader attended a graduation ceremony at Zimbabwe Open University near Harare. The military, however, h

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

There is a house in New Orleans, they call the Rising Sun, and it's been the ruin of many a poor boy, and God, I know, I'm one. Oh mother, tell your children, Not to do what I have done Don't Spend your lives in sin and misery, In the House of the Ri

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国偶像 American Idol

Daily Life - Cleaning the House A: Honey, the house is such a mess! I need you to help me tidy up a bit. My boss and her husband are coming over for dinner and the house needs to be spotless! B: Im in the middle of something right now. Ill be there i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

A: What should I do to get ready for the Open House? B: Your house needs to be as clean and uncluttered as possible. A: Can we stay in the house while it is being shown? B: No one is to be in the house during the Open House except for the realtor and

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

A: Is there anything special I should do to get ready for our Open House this weekend? B: Just make sure that your house is perfectly clean and that everything is put away. A: My husband wants to watch the game, and we were wondering if he could stay

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 卖房英语情景对话

Todd: So, Keri, I hear you have a new house. Keri: Yes, I do. Oh, so what's your new house like? It's small, it's old. It's mostly wooden in the inside. It has two rooms and a balcony off of those rooms and downstairs there's like a living room area

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

暂无音频 The past three months have seem a storm of activity from the White House, with initiatives on housing, the markets, the auto industry, small businesses, international financial cooperation, and job creation through the Recovery Act. Today t

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Todd: OK, Clare we're going to talk about your house. Clare: OK. Todd: OK, do you live in a big house or a small house? Clare: I live in quite a big house. Todd: A big house. Really! Clare: Mm! Todd: OK, how many rooms does it have? Clare: About 12.

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Many of us think about our dream home. When designer Chris Toledo dreams about his, he lets his imagination run wild. He wants a Spanish-style house with hand-painted floor tiles, circling staircases and at least 12 bedrooms. That is his dream. For n

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2019年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Todd: OK, Clare we're going to talk about your house. Clare: OK. Todd: OK, do you live in a big house or a small house? Clare: I live in quite a big house. Todd: A big house. Really! Clare: Mm! Todd: OK, how many rooms does it have? Clare: About 12.

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

今天我们要学的词是 house arrest. House arrest 软禁。Zimbabwe's president Robert Mugabe made his first public appearance at a graduation ceremony since the military placed him under house arrest. 津巴布韦总统穆加贝被军方软禁后

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

In another dramatic evening on Capitol Hill, the Republican-controlled U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill to cut spending and raise the debt ceiling. The Democratic-controlled Senate moved quickly, however, to vote to kill the House bill. It

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Chapter 9 Haunted Houses and Burning Money. 鬼屋和烧纸钱。 David:There are so many haunted houses in the Halloween. 万圣节里有好多鬼屋。 You:I have never been to a haunted house.It must be scary. 我从来没有到过鬼屋,一定很

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 留学生在中国