Smile and say cheese! said six-year-old Benny Alden. He raised a camera and pointed it at his sister Violet. Violet smiled. But she didnt say cheese. Instead she said, Oh, Benny, you know that camera doesnt have any film in it. Bennys elder brother,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 69 The Movie Star Mystery

Violet shouted, Somebodys out there! Jessie threw back the covers and dashed to the window. I dont see anyone. Are you sure? Positive! Violet thrust back the rosebud-sprigged curtains. A soft mist had drifted in from the hills. It was hard to see cle

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 63 The Mystery at Peacock Hall

One afternoon in early July Benny Alden came in the front door and rushed down the hall to the stairs. Hey, Henry! he shouted. Jessie! Violet! Whats the matter, Ben? said a quiet voice. Henry stood at the top of the stairs. He looked down at his youn

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 14 Tree House Mystery

ENVIRONMENT REPORT – October 18, 2002: Solar House Competition By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Experts say in the near future, many houses in the United States wi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

租房 House Renting 第一次找新住处的经历可能既紧张又困惑。 Listen Read Learn Most of us would like to have a place of our own. When we leave home and set out on our careers, a sense of freedom comes with this. This must be measured against the pressu

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

Todd: Michael, this is a beautiful home. Mike: Yeah, we've lived here for about twelve years and it's too big for us now. Todd: Really. It's pretty big. Mike: Well, yeah, I mean, it's got four bedrooms and it's got this big living room area and dinin

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

One big hurdle remains before the needed legislation can be signed into law. Paula Wolfson | Washington 27 December 2009 The White House says the American people are on the verge of health-care reform. One big hurdle remains before the needed legisla

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: The new movie Winchester is a paranormal horror film about one of the largest haunted houses in America. The story is based on the life of Sarah Winchester, heiress to the company that created the Winchester rifle series. H

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

He lived in a big house. It was white. The rooftop was blue. It had a white fence. There were plants in the front. There was a tall tree in the backyard. The house had a fireplace. He lit it on cold nights. He lived with his wife. They were grateful

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

WASHINGTON, Sept. 29 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. House of Representatives(众议院) on Wednesday passed a bill to press China to let its currency rise faster, amid accusations that China suppressed the value of its currency and placed a drag on U.S. jo

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Jan. 22 (Xinhua)-- The White House on Tuesday said they welcomed the House Republicans' proposal of a short-term extension of debt limit and the President would sign the bill if it could reach his desk. White House spokesman Jay Carney sa

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

我们今天要学两个习惯用语有共同的关键词:house。大家知道house是房子。我们要学的第一个习惯用语是:put one's house in order。 Put one's house in order从字面来看是整理自己的住房,但是习惯用语

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

There is a house in New Orleans They call the 'Rising Sun' And it's been the ruin of many a young poor boy And, God, I know I'm one My mother was a tailor Sewed my new blue jeans My father was a gamblin' man Down in New Orleans Now the only thing he

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Lesson 8 House 1.I keep an open house to you. 2.Their cross-talk brought down the house. 3.Your bill is on the house.] 4.He eats his Dad out of house and home. 5.We worked on answering like a house on fire. 6.Better put your own house in order first.

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛口语提高版

Lesson 337 My house faces the park. 1.My house faces the park.我的房子面向公园。 2.Face up to th ereality!面对现实吧! 3.Face up to the difficulties!你要面对困难。 4.Go and wash your face!去洗洗你的脸! 5.You must face up

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 辛沛沛NO-BOOK 辛沛沛傻瓜机口语极短句

Todd: OK. Nicola we are going to talk about your house in Australia? Nicola: About my house! Todd: Is that OK. Nicola: It changes quite often. Todd: OK. How about your last house? The last house you were at. Nicola: OK. Todd: Let's talk about the kit

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

U.S. Treasury Secretary to stay through debt talks: White House WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner intended to stay until early next year to help U.S. President Barack Obama ink a deal with Republicans during the

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obama joined thousands of children and their parents Monday for an American springtime tradition - the White House Easter Egg roll. Special guests at this year's lawn party included the Easter Bunny and U.S. Olympic champions. And as

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Beach House,2005年成立的双人乐队,风格为dream-pop和indie rock。这首Zebra,是今年Spin杂志做的一次让歌手们自己选择favorite song的调查中,Vampire Weekend乐队主唱Ezra Koenig选择的自己最喜欢的歌。 Ar

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

Todd: Michael, this is a beautiful home. Mike: Yeah, we've lived here for about twelve years and it's too big for us now. Todd: Really. It's pretty big. Mike: Well yeah, I mean, it's got four bedrooms and it's got this big living room area and dining

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂