SCENE ⑤ B 会议结束后 【她还真像个女超人】 Dave: Either we'll be millionaires, or we won't... won't have a dime. 戴夫: 当不成百万富翁,就当……身无分文。 Elvin: An

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 职场社交

HEALTH REPORT - Waltzing Pumps Up Heart PatientsBy Lawan Davis Broadcast: Wednesday, November 29, 2006 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. A social dancing program at a senior citizen cente

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(十一)月

Men and women also differ when it comes to explaining failure. 在解释失败时,男女也不同。 When a man fails, he points to factors like didn't study enough or not interested in the subject matter. 当一个男性失败时,他会归咎于研

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 向前一步

Snow storm causes traffic chaos in Stockholm

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

她的演讲题目是《失败的好处和想象的重要性》(The Fringe Benefits of Failure, and the Importance of Imagination)。 她几乎没有谈到哈里波特,而是说了年轻时的一些经历。虽然JK罗琳现在很有钱,是英国

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

Failure is an inevitable part of life, but smart people know how to make it work for them. 失败是生活中不可避免的一部分,但聪明的人知道如何利用它们。 One of the biggest roadblocks to success is the fear of failure. Fear o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 求职英语

英语作文 Out of all my classes, I particularly like gym class. Why? Because in gym class you can have fun and get out in the fresh air. We play baseball, basketball, football and practice running. It's fun. When you are defeated, you can't lose hope

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

A: This is Janet Smith in apartment 23. May I speak to the apartment manager? B: Speaking. What can I do for you? A: Something happened to my window. It's broken. B: That doesn't sound good. Do you know how it happened? A: I don't know the exact deta

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

音乐天堂:Come Home Safely--Let's Go Sailing 《Come Home Safely》,Lets Go Sailing乐队的一首歌,选自专辑《The Chaos In Order》。一个网友听这首歌时说:如果这次我痛了,我将再不懂深情,再不会深情,再

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 E乐吧

As an entrepreneur of ten years I've learned all too well what failure feels like. The perpetual wheel of reinventing myself has been the only constant in my life. Ups and downs, highs and lows; the roller coaster of perceived failure can be exhausti

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

As an entrepreneur of ten years I've learned all too well what failure feels like. The perpetual wheel of reinventing myself has been the only constant in my life. Ups and downs, highs and lows; the roller coaster of perceived failure can be exhausti

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

The new better off, as I've come to call it, 我所说的新型安逸生活 is less about investing in the perfect family and more about investing in the imperfect village, 不是关于维持完美的家庭,而是关于维持不那么完美的村落,

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

But each time, they were gnawing at me, eating at me. 但每当我想到这两起病例, 那种感觉都会折磨啃噬我。 And I'd like to be able to say to you 而我也希望我可以告诉你, that my worst mistakes only happened in the first

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

This is IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Yemen is the poorest Arab nation. Poverty can help breed extremism -- al-Qaida is a growing concern for the Yemenis. But the government also faces an armed rebellion in the north and a separatist movement i

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(一)月

Everyone deals with discouragement at some point in their life. Its part of what makes the human experience richthe highs and the lows. If we didnt experience the lows, then we wouldnt appreciate the highs. 每个人都有灰心丧气的时候。正是

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

1.表示原因 1)There are three reasons for this. 2)The reasons for this are as follows. 3)The reason for this is obvious. 4)The reason for this is not far to seek. 5)The reason for this is that... 6)We have good reason t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. Henry David Thoreau 迷失自我,才能开始认识自我。亨利大卫梭罗 Everything about my future was ambiguously assumed. I would get into debt by going to college, then I would be

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

Save Me Lilyjtes It's striking how a new whim and how little we are aware how everything changes and we don't seem to care we don't give room for failure we don't give each other credit we don't care to ask for how we lose ourselves Save me save me f

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Waitar: Do you want some dessert? 服务员:要些甜点吗? Guest No.thank you.Check.please. 顾客:不要了,谢谢。结账。 Waiter: Wait a moment.I will calculate it for you.Your bill comes to $36. 服务员:稍等,我帮你们算一下

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

Failure in a Test 考试不及格 Why did you get such a low mark on that test? 这次测试你为什么得这么低的分? Because of absence. 因为缺考。 You mean you were absent on the day of the test? 你的意思是考试那天你没去?

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 经典双语笑话