04 Scheduling an Appointment GLOSSARYto make an appointment to schedule a time when one will be able to dosomething* Dont forget to make an appointment with the doctor for your sons shots. appointment schedule a calendar showing when one is committed

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

21Being Persuasive GLOSSARY favor something that one does for another person, because one has been asked to do it; something that one person asks another to do out of kindness* Please take this message to Antuka as a favor for me. down in the dumps f

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

Being Diagnosed With and Treated For Cancer Vivian: Do you see this lump? Im sure I have cancer. Guy: Dont jump to conclusions. It could be something completely benign. Vivian: I know its not benign. Its got to be a malignant tumor. The cancer is pro

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之就医和人际交往

Insider Trading Rita: I just got a hot tip from my brother to buy stock in McQ Corp. Rick: Your brother works for McQ Corp., doesnt he? Rita: Yeah, hes a director in the company, so he should know if something big is brewing. Rick: If hes a director

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 1178 Using Profanity Cameron: Oh, f-! Dorothy: Watch your language. I dont want the kids to hear foul language. Cameron: Sorry, I stubbed my toe. Whats the big deal? Kids hear all kinds of cursing on TV and in movies. Dorothy: Not my kids

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之日常生活

15 Talking About Sight GLOSSARY medication medicine; a substance swallowed or injected to treat an illness ormake one feel better* The doctor gave her a new medication for her high blood pressure. to mess with to interfere with something; to change t

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之商务英语

17 Being Pestered on the Phone GLOSSARY to ring off the hook for a phone to ring many times in a short period of time,because one is receiving many phone calls * Ever since our ad appeared on TV, our companys phones have been ringingoff the hook! Wha

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

18 Experiencing an Earthquake GLOSSARY earthquake a short period of time when the ground shakes because ofgeological movements deep below the surface, often causing damage, injuries,and/or death * People living in southern California experience many

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

12 Feeling Disillusioned GLOSSARY idol someone whom one loves, worships, or admires very much, possiblywanting to be that person * When you were a teenager, did you have any posters of your idols hanging onyour bedroom walls? book signing an event wh

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

06 Guessing a Number GLOSSARY contest a competition; an event where many people participate to try to winsomething * The contests first-place winner will win a new car, and the second-place winnerwill win a new bicycle. guess an answer that one provi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

04 Being Forgetful GLOSSARY to forget to not remember something; to have no memory of something * Was your wife mad when you forgot her birthday? etched in my brain memorized; permanently written down in ones mind sothat one cannot forget something *

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

04 Asking for Recommendations GLOSSARY picky difficult to please; selective; willing to accept only certain kinds of things * Im not that picky, but I couldnt find a suit atthe store that I liked enough to buy. moderately priced not too expensive and

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之旅行交通购物

02Traveling Off-Season GLOSSARY what I wouldnt give... I really want to do or have something; I would doalmost anything to do or have something* What I wouldnt give to see my granddaughter! My daughter and her family livein Singapore, and I havent se

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之旅行交通购物

07 Moving in Together GLOSSARY to go out to date someone; to be involved in a romantic relationship withsomeone, but not be married* Did you hear that Wendy and Gil started going out last month? heart-to-heart a serious and sincere conversation betwe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

02Seeing an Eye Doctor GLOSSARY optometrist a doctor for the eyes; a doctor who studies eye problems and helps people see better* The optometrist said that I should wear glasses whenever I drive at night. glasses eyeglasses; a piece of metal or plast

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

01Reading Comic Books GLOSSARY graphic novel a long and complex story where the words of the story are printed within a series of drawings that show what is happening, usually written for adults* Some people who dont enjoy reading regular books like

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

Patricia: Okay, were nearly done setting up for the neighborhood party. I got some nametags with father, mother, and kids printed on them, with a space for people to write their names. Itll be easier for people to introduce themselves and make friend

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(22) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Raul: What are the chances that Rob will be here on time? Tiffany: Id say its fifty- fifty. You never know. He might surprise us and be early. Raul: Fat chance of that happening. Ive known him for three years and if I had to stake my life on whether

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Greg: Where are you going? Anne: Im going to see another doctor to get a second opinion. My doctor diagnosed me with a serious medical condition and I dont want to take it at face value. Greg: Youre second- guessing your doctor? Anne: No, I just want

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客