26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之日常生活

14Setting the Table GLOSSARY Its not everyday that a phrase used to show that something happens only rarely and is not common or usual* Its not everyday that my favorite singer visits my hometown to perform! china porcelain dishes; very nice ceramic

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

06 Watching the TV News GLOSSARY anchor person who announces the news on television; person who sits behinda desk and reads the news to the viewers * Angela works as an anchor on Channel 7. Because so many people watch thenews on that channel, people

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

12 Serving Drinks and Cocktails GLOSSARY bartender a person whose job is to make alcoholic drinks at a party or in a restaurant or bar * We trained our bartender to know when to stop making drinks for people who have had too much to drink. to mix dri

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

11 Eating Junk Food GLOSSARY to hand (someone) (something) to give something to someone; to pass something to someone * Could you please hand me the phone? Thanks. potato chips a snack made by frying very thin slices of potato in oil and then adding

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10 Describing a Musical Performance GLOSSARY to audition to sing, play a musical instrument, act, or dance for a short period of time so that someone can see and listen and decide whether one should be selected for a real performance or participation

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

02 Ending a Restaurant Meal GLOSSARY to clear the plates to take dirty plates away from the table after people havefinished eating * Once youve finished eating, Ill clear the plates so that you two can talk at thetable more comfortably. out of (ones)

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之日常生活

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之日常生活

02 Having a Slumber Party GLOSSARY slumber party a sleepover; an event where many children sleep at one childs house, staying up late, eating a lot of food, talking, and playing games * Ina wants to have a slumber party to celebrate her birthday. sle

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

03 Going to the Playground GLOSSARY nanny a woman whose job is to take care of another persons children, usually full-time while the parent is working and often livingin the familys home * Toshiyo and Mariah both work as engineers, so they have a nan

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

01 Preparing Food for Cooking GLOSSARY to iron to flatten out a piece of fabric so that it is not wrinkled (does not have lines) by moving a hot, flat piece of metal over the top of it * My shirt would look much better if I ironed it. tablecloth a la

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

12 Listening to Music GLOSSARY extensive large, thorough, and complete, with many different kinds of something * Henry has extensive knowledge of home building because heworked for an architect for three years. collection a group of many of the same

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之餐饮娱乐

06A Soccer Match GLOSSARY penalty a punishment against a team or a player who breaks a rule during agame* The team received a penalty when one of its players started fighting withmembers of the other team. goalkeeper goalie; the soccer player who tri

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之餐饮娱乐

05Ordering Food for Delivery GLOSSARY delivery order when a restaurant takes a food order by phone and then, oftenby car, brings the food to a persons home or office* I was hungry but didnt want to leave my house, so I called the pizza restaurantand

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

04Describing a Bad Experience GLOSSARY to rope (one/someone) into to lure or to convince someone into doing something* The car salesman roped me into buying the old used car after he told me that the car had previously been owned by a famous actor. l

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

15Giving Warnings and Cautions GLOSSARY to move out to leave the place where one has been living and begin living in anew place, especially when one leaves ones parents home* Many Americans move out on their own when they are 18 years old. cramped cr

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

07Describing Facial Expressions GLOSSARY taken aback surprised and shocked, often in a negative way* We were all taken aback when the manager announced that the store was going to close. to give (someone) a dirty look to make a facial expression that

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

05Using the Restroom GLOSSARY restroom a public bathroom; a large room with one or more toilets and sinks* Do you know where the mens restroom is? mess disordered; unclean; not organized or neat* Your room is a mess! Please clean it up before your gr

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

09Going into the Military GLOSSARY attention a word shouted to get someone to look at or listen to oneself,especially in the military* The general entered the room and one of the soldiers shouted, Attention! Everyone immediately stood up and looked a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活