19 Buying Bathroom Supplies GLOSSARY supply something that is needed for a particular purpose or to do a particularactivity * Each fall, families buy school supplies like pencils, pens, and paper for theirchildren. towel a large, soft piece of fabric

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

14 Using a Smartphone GLOSSARY to unbox to take something out of its box for the first time; to open a newproduct* When you unbox the microwave, be sure to save the packaging so we canreuse it when we move. smartphone a cell phone that can access ema

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

10 Being Hungry and Full GLOSSARY hungry wanting to eat; with a feeling of discomfort or pain in ones stomachbecause it is empty * If I dont eat a good breakfast, Ill probably be really hungry by lunchtime. dish one type of food; food cooked in a cer

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之餐饮娱乐

26 Shaving Your Face GLOSSARY to set (ones) alarm to change the settings on ones alarm clock so that itmakes a loud noise to wake one up at the desired time * I set my alarm for 6:00 so I could get ready for my 8:30 flight. tempted having a strong de

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

25 Installing Windows and Doors GLOSSARY to bite off more than (one) can chew to try to do something that is too big ordifficult for one to actually do or finish * Erick tried to go to school full-time and work 30 hours per week, but he bit offmore t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

24 Fire and Firefighters GLOSSARY smoke the smelly gray or black air that appears when something is burning;the dark gas that comes from a fire * It was really rude when Boyce blew smoke in his fathers face. story a floor or level in a building * Thi

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

23 Planting Flowers and Trees GLOSSARY to plant to put seeds or plants into the ground so that they can grow, usually toproduce food or to make an area more beautiful * Thirty years ago, we planted a small maple tree in front of our home, and nowits

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之日常生活

26 Renting an Apartment GLOSSARY apartment manager a person whose job is to take care of problems in an apartment building, collect the rent, and find peopleto live in the building * When our toilet stopped working, we called the apartment manager. v

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2009年ESL之日常生活

03 Lying and Telling the Truth GLOSSARY full of it saying something that isnt true; lying or exaggerating * Youre so full of it! Theres no way you used to be a professional footballplayer. I dont believe you. Gods honest truth something that is absol

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年ESL之日常生活

10Describing Facial Features GLOSSARY to be mugged to be robbed; to be forced to give another person ones money* Youre more likely to be mugged on a lonely, dark street than on a bright streetwith lots of people walking around. sketch artist a person

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

01Asking for a Date GLOSSARY to admit to saythat something is trueeven if one doesnt want to; to confess* Last week, one of the football playeron the championship teamadmitted that he had used illegal drugs to build stronger muscles. player a man who

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之就医和人际交往

08Using the Telephone GLOSSARY power outage a failure in the electricity system, leaving users withoutelectricity for a period of time* The windstorm caused a power outage last night. phone number the series of seven or ten numbers that must be diale

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

06Being Scared GLOSSARY haunted with ghosts and/or spirits in a location, such as inside a building* All the children on this street think that the old green house is haunted. coward someone who lacks courage and doesnt do something because he orshe

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

04Being Alike and Different GLOSSARY adorable very cute, pretty, and attractive, especially when referring to young children or animals* The baby looked adorable in her pink dress. two peas in a pod almost identical; very similar; like twins* Her son

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

01Refusing an Invitation GLOSSARY invitation a written or spoken request for one to attend an event or do something with another person* Holly and Daniel sent more than 750 wedding invitations to their family and friends! to send (ones)regrets to pol

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

02A Movie Review GLOSSARY movie review an article in a newspaper, magazine, or website where the writergives his or her opinion about whether a movie was good or bad* According to the movie review, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles was a badmovie, but

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之餐饮娱乐

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之旅行交通购物

Saying No Liang: I have a favor to ask. Christian: Uh oh, what is it? Liang: Im doing a project for my class in culinary school and I need a volunteer to taste some of my creations. Christian: Not on your life. Liang: But, why? Christian: You dont re

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年ESL之日常生活

Alisha: This is the second time Ive been turned down for a credit card in a month. I dont know what Im doing wrong. James: Have you checked your credit report recently? Maybe you have a bad credit rating. Alisha: I have a full-time job with a good in

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客