ESL Podcast 332 Profit and Loss GLOSSARY to train(someone)in to help someone learn what he or she needs to know for a new job or position* As the restaurant manager, you will be training in all of the new employees. to hold the bag to be responsible

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 328 Dishonesty at Work GLOSSARY to cook the books to change written numbers illegally, especially financial information, so that they are no longer true* Pilar lost her job when the company found out that she had been cooking the books fo

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESLPodcast 320 Micromanaging the Staff GLOSSARY to checkup on(someone) to review someones progress; to see how someone is doing* Miranda asked another supervisor to check up on her employees while she was away working in another office last week. tas

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

15 Being Under Stress GLOSSARY to act up for a part of ones body to not work correctly or to feel pain; forsomething to be wrong with a part of ones body* Bills knee started acting up, so he had to stop playing soccer before the matchended. stress th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

ESL Podcast 308 Formatting a Document GLOSSARY to format to change the appearance of a document; to change the way that adocument looks when it is printed on paper; to change the style of a document* Can you please format this report so that it fits

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 304 A Potential Partnership Meeting GLOSSARY synergy the additional success, money, power, energy, and other good things that happen when two or more people or organizations work together instead ofseparately* This team has great synergy.

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

20Hiding from the Police GLOSSARY on the lam hiding from the police; on the run* After he was convicted, he went on the lam. If the police find him, hell go to jail for at least 15 years. wanted sought after by the police; on a list of people whom th

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

18Getting Caught in the Rain GLOSSARY drenched soaked; very wet* Youre drenched! What did you do, jump into a lake? weather report forecast; information about what the weather will probably be like later in the day or in the near future* According to

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

ESL Podcast 316 Business Emails and Abbreviations GLOSSARY re: regarding; related to; on the subject of* Did you read Ferns memo re: the change in the vacation policy? headway progress; advancement; the process of moving a task or projectforward* Eve

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 264 Preparing for a Video Conference GLOSSARY video conference a meeting between two or more people at different locations using video so that they can see each other on a TV or video screen* Video conferences are better than phone confer

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 260 Business Trends GLOSSARY overview a general description of something without very much detail* The first chapter of this book is an overview of US history but the rest is aboutwhat has happened in the past few years. trend something t

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 236 An On-Site Estimate GLOSSARYbuilding contractor a person or company that is hired by someone else tobuild homes or offices* The Patils were very happy with their building contractor because he built theirhome faster and for less money

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

ESL Podcast 268 Get-rich-quick Schemes GLOSSARY infomercial a very long commercial (TV advertisement) that is made to look like a television program instead of a commercial* Have you seen the infomercial for a knife that can cut through metal cans? s

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之商务英语

12Being Rich and Poor GLOSSARY affordable able to be paid for; not too expensive; not so expensive that onecant pay for something* Do you know where I can buy affordable business clothes? budget a plan for how one will spend ones money; a plan for wh

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

09Saying Goodbye GLOSSARY Id better be going a phrase meaning I should go now, or I need to go now * The kids are going to come home from school in about 20 minutes, so Id betterbe going so that I can meet them there. See you later an informal phrase

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

03At the Bakery GLOSSARY to make up (ones) mind to decide; to make a decision; to choose; to select* He cant make up his mind about going to the party. He wants to go, but healso needs to study for the test. dessert a sweet food eaten after lunch or

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年ESL之日常生活

03At the Butchers GLOSSARY ground beef cow meat that has been cut into very small pieces by using a special machine* Lets buy some ground beef and make hamburgersfor dinner tonight. lean with very little fat; with less fat than normal* Turkey and chi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年ESL之日常生活

Kenji: Hello, my car was stolen and I want to report it. Officer: Where was it when it was stolen? Kenji: It was parked outside of my apartment building. I went outside this morning to drive to work, and it was gone. Officer: Okay, you need to fill o

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

I had a little time between appointments and stopped at a fast food restaurant to get some lunch. The idea was to save time by using the drive-thru, but it didnt work out that way. Order-taker: Welcome to McDennys. May I take your order? Daniel: Yes.

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Candace: Hello. Mehdi: Hello, may I speak to Candace Cho, please? Candace: Speaking . Mehdi: Oh, hello Ms. Cho. My name is Mehdi and I'm interested in applying for the job as assistant manager. Your name was listed as the contact person . Am I callin

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客