By Phil Mercer Sydney 27 July 2007 The Australian government has dropped terrorism charges against the Indian doctor arrested there in connection with last month's unsuccessful car bombings in Britain. From Sydney, Phil Mercer reports. The terrorism

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: It's time to say goodbye - and then hello - to a TV legend. The BBC's longtime sci-fi series Doctor Who bids farewell tonight to the current doctor played by Peter Capaldi. And we'll see the debut of the new star of the show as w

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

AMERICAN STORIES - Doctor Heideggers Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne MARIO RITTER: Now, the VOA Special English program, AMERICAN STORIES. (MUSIC) We present the short story Doctor Heidegger's Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Barbara Klei

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(八)月

The Beijing Municipal Administration of Hospitals has launched a role-swapping program to try to smooth the relationship between doctors and patients. CRI's Xie Zhao explains. Reporter: The role-swapping program has recruited volunteers with aim of h

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Oral Workshop Discussion Lesson 1-5 ; [01:01.44]Lesson 1 Too Clever ; [01:05.71] Text A ; [01:09.10]A farmer who lived in a small village ; [01:12.42]suffered from a severe pain in the chest. ; [01:14.92]This never seemed to get any better. ; [01:17.

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语教程

A: I need to make an appointment to see the doctor. B: What seems to be the problem? A: I have a rash that I need a doctor to look at. B: Do you have a fever with that rash? A: No, it just itches a lot. B: I have openings on Tuesday or Wednesday. Whi

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 健康-Health

05 Doctor-Patient Confidentiality GLOSSARY to consult to speak with someone on a particular topic, requesting their expertadvice or guidance * Please consult with a tax attorney before selling your stock. medical ethics ideas and standards about what

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年ESL之就医和人际交往

Pre-Listening Vocabulary penname: a made up name that an author sometimes uses maiden name: a womans last name before marriage nerd: a person who seems overly intellectual and/or socially awkward honorary: earned without the usual requirements Dr. Se

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

Todd: So hey Josh, how you doing? Josh: Im good. How are you? Todd: Oh, doing pretty good. Josh, how old are you? Josh: I am 17. Todd: 17, so you're kind of at the start of your life. Josh: Yeah, I guess you could say that. Todd: Thats pretty awesome

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Section 42 Visiting the Doctor In China, when people get ill, they usually go to the hospital. In the west, people will go to their doctor. Every person will be registered with a doctor, who gets to k

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语导读1000句

A: Hello, I need a doctors appointment right away! B: Is this an emergency? A: I am having trouble breathing. B: Have you had a cold lately? A: It has been going on for a few days now. B: You should hang up and dial 911. A: I dont think that this is

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

A: Hi, I need to see a doctor soon! B: Do you feel this is an emergency? A: My chest feels tight, and I cant catch my breath. B: Did this come on suddenly? A: It started yesterday. B: If you feel this is a real emergency, you should dial 911 for the

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

Going to the doctor is never particularly pleasant for me. But I couldn't put it off any longer. It was time for my annual physical, and there was no getting around it. So I picked up the phone and called for an appointment. I'd like to see Dr. Shimo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Nigerian Doctor Honored for Fight Against River Blindness From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. Nigerian doctor Uche Amazigo has received the Prince Mahidol Award for outstanding efforts in public health. Dr. Amazig

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(五)月

MARY TILLOTSON: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English on the Voice of America. Today we tell about one of the most successful writers of childrens books. Sarah Long and Steve Ember tell about Doctor Seuss. (MUSIC) SARAH LONG: Doctor Seuss w

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

A: Hi, I need to make an appointment to see the doctor. B: What seems to be the problem? A: I have a rash that I need a doctor to look at. B: Do you have a fever with that rash? A: No, it just itches a lot. B: I have openings on Tuesday or Wednesday.

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: If you go to the doctor with a painful problem, you will likely be asked to rate that pain on a scale of zero to 10, with zero meaning no pain at all and 10, the worst pain imaginable. But many doctors and nurses say rating by nu

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

VOICE ONE: I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the world's most famous doctor for children, Benjamin Spock. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Doctor Benjamin Spock with grand-daughter

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

如今的竞选意味着花费几百万美元作电视广告,邮寄宣传印刷品。候选人也得和数以千计的志愿工作人员日以继夜地四处奔波。今天先学两个表示现代助选人员的习惯用语。第一个是:advance

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Mike Procter. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It was July the 25th, 1865.

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight