DOCTOR: How's Jimmy today? MRS WILLIAMS: He's better , thank you, doctor. DOCTOR: Can I see him please, Mrs Williams? MRS WILLIAMS: Certainly, doctor. Come upstairs. DOCTOR: You look very well, Jimmy.

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(198) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册

Doctor Heideggers Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne We present the short story Doctor Heidegger's Experiment by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Here is Barbara Klein with the story. That very unusual man, old Doctor Heidegger, once invited four friends to meet

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(二)月

A: Hi, what brings you to my office today? B: Ive been getting really short of breath, and my coach wanted to have a doctor check me out. A: Have you had the flu lately? B: No, I have been pretty healthy. I just have trouble taking a really deep brea

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Mike Procter. Voice 2 And Im Marina Santee. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 It was July the 25th, 1865.

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

His knee was killing him. Whenever he walked, it felt like a knife was going into his knee. He called Bellevue Hospital. A woman answered. He said he wanted to get an appointment with a knee doctor. Do you have a referral? she asked. He said no. Then

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Lou had a bad memory of a bad event. He couldn't put it out of his mind. It was with him when he went to sleep. It was with him when he woke up. It was with him all day long. He went to a memory doctor. He told the doctor his problem. The doctor said

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

嘉宾:Debbie Mason 话题:Chinese doctor 中医 单词拼写: 1、Speciality:something you expert at 2、Acupuncture:a hole made by a niddle 3、Massage:按摩 4、Medicine:药 5、motorsystem:运动系统 重点俚语: Side effect

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 聆听悦耳英音

I was feeling a little under the weather the other day, so I decided to visit my doctor before things got worse. I called her in the morning, and I made an appointment for 9:30 a.m. When I arrived at her office, I had to fill out some insurance paper

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 社会—In the Community

Haley feels hot. Her mom touches her forehead. Haley has a fever. The mom takes Haley to a doctor. The doctor is kind. He gives her a sticker. He tells her to take a pill. He tells her to drink a lot of water. Haley goes home. She takes the pill and

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第2级听力-English Level 2

A: I think I am running a fever, and my stomach hurts. B: Do you feel bad enough that we should call a doctor? A: I dont want to wait till the last minute to try and locate a physician. B: Do you know how to find a doctor in this country? A: The fron

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

A: I am really not feeling very well. B: Do you think you need to go to a doctor? A: I think that we should maybe check into how to find a doctor in this country. B: I dont know where to begin looking for a doctor here. A: I think that we should call

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(19) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Doctor Seuss, 1904-1991: People of all Ages Love his Books for Children Among his popular books are The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham and How the Grinch Stole Christmas. ANNOUNCER: PEOPLE IN AMERICA, a program in Special English on the Voice of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Dogs May Be Just What the Doctor Ordered for Worried Heart Patients By Caty Weaver, George Grow and Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: This i

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 科技之光

Oksana Dragan The name carved in black over the entrance to the three-story yellow brick building in a residential section in the heart of Washington, D.C. reads “La Clinica del Pueblo” - the Peop

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

US Doctor Prescribes Food as Medicine In 2000, Ronnie Sampson, 52, was diagnosed with neurosarcoidosis, a disease that tricks the immune system into attacking certain parts of the body. Sampsons doctor put him on prednisone, a corticosteroid that hel

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

A: Good morning, I would like to make a doctors appointment. B: Can you describe your health concern? A: I have been having skin problems that arent going away. B: Are you in any pain? A: No. Except for the rash, I feel fine. B: Would Tuesday or Wedn

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

A: Hello, I have to see the doctor right now! B: What makes you feel this is an emergency? A: I feel like I cant breathe well. B: How long has this been going on? A: It started last night. B: In the event of a real emergency, please dial 911. A: I kn

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-健康

[Chorus] Im about to lose my mind Youve been gone for so long Im running out of time I need a doctor Call me a doctor I need a doctor, doctor To bring me back to life [Eminem] I told the World one day I would pay it back Say it on tape, and lay it, r

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

Sandra went for her annual checkup. Her health insurance covered the entire cost. She didn't even have to pay a co-pay. After the exam, her doctor said, You seem to be in good health. We'll just wait for the blood test results. A week later, her doct

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

A: I am really not feeling very well. B: Do you think you need to go to a doctor? A: I think that we should maybe check into how to find a doctor in this country. B: I don't know where to begin looking for a doctor here. A: I think that we should cal

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游-Travel