By Ivana Kuhar Washington 29 May 2007 A Congressional hearing on Russia last Thursday reverberated with concerns over the deteriorating state of democracy in the world's largest country. Meanwhile, the U.S. government says it will continue cooperati

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Unit 55 Reducing Risks in Eyesight Corrective Surgery Thanks to modern technologies, we now have the solutions to most eyesight problems. Doctors can use different treatments -- PRK, Lasik, Lasek and Intraocular lenses -- to solve all types of eyesig

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语流行话题阅读:语境识词4500

Pharmacist: Can I help you? Sanaz: Yes, I had some questions for the pharmacist. Pharmacist: Im the pharmacist. How can I help you? Sanaz: Can I fill these prescriptions here? Pharmacist: Yes, you can. Just give those to the pharmacy technician and s

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

So much friends' sickness and in health, religious TV personality Pat Robertson says that divorcing a spouse suffering from Alzheimer's is justifiable because the disease is a form of death. Here's what Robertson told his 700 club viewers, when respo

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Health Report - New Medical Tape Reduces Pain for Newborns, Older Adults 健康报道 - 新型医用胶布可以减少新生儿及老年患者的痛苦 From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report in Special English. 这里是美国之音慢速

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

By Melinda Smith Washington, DC 07 August 2006 watch Prescription Errors A recent report indicates hospital patients in the United States are the victims of at least, on average, one medication mistake every day. Medication errors can jeopardize pat

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(八月)

Dear Annie: My sister and brother use too many antibiotics. And they both use only as many pills as they need to feel better and save the rest. I've told both of them that abuse of antibiotics is the No. 1 reason we have superbugs that won't be cured

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力文摘 English Digest