Members of a Beijing diving club had the chance to experience China's Great Wall in a way few others have by exploring a section of the landmark that was submerged in the cloudy waters of a reservoir. There is no doubting that the Great Wall of Chin

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

swimming pool 游泳池 changing room 更衣室 shower 淋浴 diving platform 跳台 ten-meter platform 10米跳台 five-meter platform 5米跳台 three-meter springboard 3米跳板 one-meter springboa

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

The big push begins Thursday for the conclusion of the Olympic Games in Beijing. A total of 23 medals are to be awarded as four days of competition remain. VOA's Jim Stevenson reports from China where tournaments are concluding and individual events

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

By Teresa Sullivan Washington 09 May 2008 2000 Olympics champion Laura Wilkinson of the United States has won a gold medal in every major world competition in platform diving. The 30-year-old is considered a strong contender to earn a spot on the 200

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(五月)

Lady Sleep, please kiss me sweetly Throw me in a wad of cotton wool And close my eyes, so I can see Will you breast-feed with bewitching silence Treat me like I was your only son And love me like there was no morning? You unfaithful lover Careless mo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 金属

By Paul Sisco Washington, DC 28 July 2006 watch Medical Secrets report Submersible in search for rare plant and animals in the deep Oceanographers using deep water submersibles believe they are rapidly getting closer to creating drugs that can great

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(七月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: In 2011, the novelist Jennifer Egan won the Pulitzer Prize for her book A Visit From The Goon Squad. Years before it came out, Egan began researching New York City in the 1930s and '40s. And that research wound up in her new nove

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

Members of a Beijing diving club had the chance to experience China's Great Wall in a way few others have by exploring a section of the landmark that was submerged in the cloudy waters of a reservoir. There is no doubting that the Great Wall of China

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

介绍: Keep ones eye on the ball 专注,集中精力 You will do better in your work if you keep your eye on the ball. 如果你专注一些,你会把工作做得更好。 Move the goalposts 改变规则(使某人为难) We cant get the de

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

It's mission accomplished for Chinese divers who have carried out a successful deep water mission. The team completed a saturation dive to 300 meters underwater after coming out of the diving bell in the South China Sea at 8:14 A-M Sunday. A second t

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

There is an interesting twist on matrimony. To tie the knot, two couples in Jinan city have taken the plunge. You may need swimming lessons if you want to get married like two couples in eastern China's Shandong province. They tied the knot underwate

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

Celeste: Im so glad its Friday. Are you doing anything this weekend? Ryan: Im going snowboarding with James. Celeste: Didnt you guys go bungee jumping last weekend? Ryan: Yeah, and we plan to go cave diving in a couple of weeks. Celeste: I didnt know

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

China succeeded in its first 300-meter saturation dive on Sunday morning as three divers returned safe and sound from deep water to the living chamber on their ship. The diving bell actually reached a depth of 313.5 meters under the South China Sea,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 2014CRI中国国际广播电台

Sharks attack tourists at holiday resort 埃及红海海域鲨鱼出没攻击游客 What do you expect when you go on holiday? Probably to relax, have a good time and above all, stay safe. Sometimes natural disasters, such as a hurricane or an erupti

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topics: Preventing Violence in Schools Post Columbine; American Territories: U.S. Virgin Islands; although versus even though; lite; rate versus rank Words: campus massacre outcast bullied minor to claim clique to retaliate Caribbean inhabitant exoti

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe