College teachers are finding new ways to help students find jobs in occupations where there are few openings. Some help their students reach out to people who can help them find hard-to-get jobs. This person-to-person method is known as networking. T

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Pakistani Rizwana Hameed made history last month when she became the first woman chief of a male police station in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa province. The area is known for its conservative cultural and religious traditions. Women are rarely even permitted

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Women Climb Africas Highest Mountain for a Cause A group of six women decided to climb Africas highest mountain in an effort to bring public attention to a physical condition they share. The women suffer from albinism, a genetic condition in which a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(十)月

A:Eric,how long will you be in china? Eric,.你要在中国呆多久? B:I don't know,Well my contract here is one year and I don't know what I should do after that.Maybe going around for a while. 不

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语抢先学

Nature is the true law.天行有常,不为尧存,不为桀亡。 Necessity is the mother of invention.需要是发明的动力。 Never fish in trouble water.不要混水摸鱼。 Never judge from

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

by the cold light of reason 经过冷静思考 英文释义 Traditional expression referring to the use of sober,rational analysis not swayed by emotion. 例句 At first we liked the architect's most innovative design for our new building, but by the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 每日商务英语

1、Do not pull all your eggs in one basket. 别把所有的蛋都放在一个篮子里。 2、Do not teach fish to swim. 不要班门弄斧。 3、East or west, home is the best. 东奔西跑,还是家里好。 4、Experience is the best teacher. 实

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 励志英语

Direction: In this part,you are allowed 30 minutes to write a composition on the topic SMOKING.The first sentence of each paragraph is given.Your part of writing should be no less than 100 words.[SAMPLE] SMOKING It is almost known to all that smoking

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级作文范文

[00:01.25]Elementary school counsellors work closely [00:04.11]with parents and teachers to make sure students [00:06.92]receive the help and attention they require. [00:10.16]Junior High Shcool [00:11.85]Junior High school can be a difficult time [0

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 北师大版高中英语模块8(选修)

It's no big deal. 听到别人说:It's just a piece of cake.的时候,我们都知道是指 小事一桩,易如反掌之意.其实,表示(某事)很简单,在英语口语 里头还有很

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

英语作文 Hobbies are very important to a person. Without having any hobby, life won't be as colorful as it should be. I have a variety of hobbies, such as collecting stamps, playing musical instruments, reading, and doing sport activities. When I am

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Thank you very much.I feel the same about you. 非常感谢大家 我对你们有同样的热爱 Thank you so much,that's lovely and I send all of that energy right back to you. 非常感谢 真是太可爱了 我把这些都如数奉还 I appreciate

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(25) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

A newly-built machine uses extremely small instruments to perform eye operations. The machine is reported to make fewer mistakes than doctors. Robots are already used to perform some relatively simple operations like a hysterectomy, when a doctor rem

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

AS IT IS 2016-09-04 Sometimes You Have to Bite the Bullet Now, the weekly program Words and Their Stories from VOA Learning English. On this program, we explore the history and usage of common expressions in American English. We also give you example

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(九)月

It is more difficult to pretend that you do have feelings when you don't, than to pretend you don't have feelings when you do. 语音讲解: 单词发音 difficult /ˈdɪfɪkəlt/ pretend /prɪˈtend/ feelings /ˈfiːlɪŋz/ 词间连读 to pretend

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

DOHA, Feb. 15 (Xinhua) -- Serena Williams made the history at the age of 31 as the American became the oldest world number one after a quarter-final victory at the Qatar Open on Friday here. Her 3-6, 6-3, 7-5 battle against Petra Kvitoa of the Czech

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Every 20 minutes, I'd have to run back to our cruiser to clean out my gear and run it under an air conditioner to revive it, 每20分钟,我就必须跑回车上清理我的设备,让它在空调底下吹着冷气它才能重新启动, and as I

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

After a month she says to me, 总之,一个月后,她对我说, Did this really happen? 那些事情真的发生了吗? And I said, Yes. And so she said, So, if I came out of the woods this is her brother and sisterIf I came out of the woods, A

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲娱乐篇

本期内容: Occasionally,lifecanbeundeniably,impossiblydifficult.Wearefacedwithchallengesandeventsthatcanseemoverwhelming,life-destroyingtothepointwhereitmaybehardtodecidewhethertokeepgoing.Butyoualwayshaveachoice. 生活有时候困难得难以置

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 口语侠每日早读

Todd: OK, Jeff, you're a writer. Jeff: A little bit. Todd: OK. Jeff: Hobby! Todd: OK. Talk about writing. Jeff: I write, I think you, writers write about what they know. So, and I don't know much so....so it's difficult, difficult to be a writer. Now

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个