As Some Iraqis Flee Fighting, Others Long for Home 一些伊拉克人逃离战乱的同时,另一些却渴望回家 QAYYARAH, IRAQ Fleeing fighting, abandoning their villages, and returning to formerly IS controlled areas, Iraqis are on the move. A

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(十月)

It was obvious that no matter what we were being put through, it was just temporary, and we were going to be able to get through it. 语音讲解 单词发音 obvious 小专题:ou字母组合的发音: 字母组合ou发/aʊ/读音的单词: cou

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着Gwen学英语之每日早读

Nuclear Weapon 核武器 Do you know what the most dangerous weapon in the world is? 你知道世界上最危险的武器是什么吗? Of course, every weapon is dangerous. 当然,每种武器都很危险。 But a nuclear weapon must be the most

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第11册

Sandstorms 沙尘暴 If the storm comes to a desert, what will happen? 如果沙漠刮起风暴会怎样? Sand and dust will blow with the wind. 沙尘都会被风吹起来。 This is called a sandstorm. 这就是所谓的沙尘暴。 The Sahara De

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第8册

Waves 波浪 A wave is the movement of water. 波浪是水的运动。 Why do waves happen? 波浪是怎么产生的呢? Waves are made when the wind blows over the surface of water. 风吹水面就会产生波浪。 On the beach, you probably watc

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第10册

DEVELOPMENT REPORT – July 8, 2002: World Day Against Child Labor By Jill Moss This is the VOA Special English Development Report. The United Nations International Labor Organization has launched a y

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

Cruise Again Lives 'Dangerously' in Fifth 'Mission: Impossible' Film Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation is the fifth installment of a successful 20-year-old spy movie series. The series is based on the iconic 1960s TV series, also called Mission: Imp

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Cyber Threat Top Concern for NATO Cyber attacks on corporations and governments are no longer unusual. Suspects and their computers are hauled away on a regular basis. That's why Admiral James Stavridis sees cyber security as the top challenge for hi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

GUY RAZ, HOST: It's the TED Radio Hour from NPR. I'm Guy Raz. And on the show today ideas about Speaking Up. Can you introduce yourself please? ESRA'A: Yeah. So my name is Esra'a, and I am from Bahrain. RAZ: Esra'a asked us not to use her last name b

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

unit 219 谈论家庭情况 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:How many persons are there in your family? A:你家多少人? B:There are three: my parents and I. B:就三个:我父母和我。 A:Do you live together? A:你们住在一起吗? B:No, I

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

Why are you not reaching the success? 你为什么没有成功? You use up yourreserves. 你耗尽了储备。 When I've found myself at my lowest points, it's always been for lack of a reserve whether of money, of time, or most crucially of energy

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

VOICE ONE: This is Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And this is Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we tell about Red Adair. He was famous for putting out dangerous oil well fires around the world. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: Red Adair P

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(145) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

feel better 心情变好了 I don't feel well these days. 我这两天身体不太好。 Leave me alone. I'm not feeling well. 别管我。我现在心情不太好。 Don't feel so bad about it. 不要过于伤心了。 I'm not feeling very good toda

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 老外最常用的英文短语

Care Mark/Caution Mark 小心搬运 Handle with care 此面朝上 This side up 请勿抛掷 Dont throw down 易腐物品 Perishable goods 请勿平放 Not to be laid flat 请勿用钩 No hooks 保持冷藏 Keep cool, Keep in cool place 避免日光直

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

You haven't asked me the most important question yet. 你还没问我那个最重要的问题。 His voice was hard now, and when he looked at me again his eyes were cold. 现在他的声音又生硬起来了,当他再次看向我时,他的眼睛冷

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 暮光之城•暮色

Do it right now! 立即行动。 It's better than thinking about it. 开始行动要优于单纯的思考 Thinking about something before you do it is a great trait to have. 我们一般都有个特点,喜欢在做事情之前先想一想。 But

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

英语学习笔记: drag v. 拖累 ;拖 haul v. 拖,拉 coal v. 加煤 ;n. 煤 burden n. 负担 ;v. 使负担 drag somebody kicking and screaming into something 在违背别人意愿的情况下要求某人做一件事情 drag somebody over

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

The head of the International Monetary Fund says the global economy has entered a dangerous phase in which advanced economies risk slipping into a new recession that also would hurt developing nations. IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde said Thu

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: UTubeclipsthatdepictdangerousoremotionallydistressingprankshavebeenbannedfromtheplatform.Themovecomesinresponsetoso-calledchallengesthathavesometimesresultedindeathorinjury.TheGoogle-ownedvideosharingsitesaidsuchmaterialhadnoplaceonUT

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

ON MAY 20, 1927, A YOUNG PILOT NAMED CHARLES LINDBERGH SET OUT FROM LONG ISLAND ALL BY HIMSELF IN A SMALL, SINGLE-ENGINE PLANE TO CROSS THE ATLANTIC OCEAN. IT WAS CALLED THE SPIRIT OF ST. LOUIS. THE TRIP WAS DARING AND DANGEROUS. LINDBERGH HAD NO RAD

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was