INTRODUCTION TO ACT I Today on TUNING IN THE U.S.A., Susan Stewart is taking a car trip with her friend Harry Bennett. Harry is an accountant, and today he has invited Susan to meet one of his favorite clients. As they talk about their jobs, they lea

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 欢乐美语

The Ant and the Grasshopper In a field one summer's day a Grasshopper was hopping about, chirping and singing to its heart's content. An Ant passed by, bearing along with great toil an ear of corn he

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 创世记

??It all happened so fast! One moment Joseph was a prisoner, the next, he was standing in Pharaohs court as the prince of Egypt! As the prince of Egypt, Joseph has worked wisely for the last 7 years to prepare Egypt for the coming famine. Do you r

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 少儿圣经故事

[00:01.96]Everything is grass based. 这里每件事都离不开草 [00:04.32]You know, they dont eat corn, dead cows 你知道,这些牛不吃玉米 [00:11.68]or dead chickens. 还有死鸡制成的饲料 [00:12.00]They actually eat grass, forage-- 它

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 听电影学英语-食品公司

Our story today is called Feathertop. It was written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Lawan Davis adapted it for VOA Learning English. Here is Shep ONeal with the story. The long cold winter was gone at last. At first the cold nights went away slowly. Then su

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(一月)

Our story today is called Judge. It was written by Walter D Edmonds. We will hear Part One of the story today, and Part Two next week. Here is Harry Menro with our story. When Charlie Hasku died, he left a wife and nine children. They lived on a sma

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 听美国故事练听力

A: Are you going to make anything to go with dinner? B: I may make a vegetable. A: What vegetable are you going to make? B: What kind do you like? A: I like corn. B: How would you like me to make it? A: Excuse me? B: How do you want your corn? A: I'd

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Unit7b The Earth Poet Jesse Stuart Nothing ever escaped my father, for he was an earth poet who loved the land and everything on it. He liked to watch things grow. From the time I was big enough for him to lead me by the hand, I went with him over th

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 128 The Zombie Project

Researchers Genetically Modify Corn to Increase Nutrition Researchers in the United States say they have discovered how to genetically engineer corn to produce a kind of amino acid usually found in meat. The result is a food with increased nutrition

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

I just dont worry about the dole and housing benefit and the future of the Labour Party and where Im going to be in twenty years time and how Mr Mandela is adjusting to freedom. So time for another breather before the next paragraph because Ive barel

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

What a rush! Next day the Aldens went dashing around buying food and packing their things. By noon they were ready to go. When they were leaving, Watch, the dog, trotted along with Jessie. He was ready to go, too. You cant come, old boy, said Henry.

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 11 Caboose Mystery

A farmer owns a lot of land. He grows food on that land. He grows the food from seeds. He plants seeds into the land. The seeds grow into corn. The seeds grow into wheat. The seeds need water. The seeds need sunlight. A farmer owns a tractor. He driv

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 超级简单英语阅读

The loaf of bread is next to the jar of peanut butter. The bag of peanuts is next to the carton of milk. The plate of cookies is next to the bowl of chicken soup. The cup of coffee is next to the glass of juice. The fork is next to the spoon. The kni

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 简单慢速英语阅读

Argentinas Farmers, Economy Hit Hard by Drought Jorge Josifovich is a farmer and agricultural engineer in Argentina. He is concerned because his crop is suffering from a severe lack of rain. The drought began in November and has caused big financial

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Agricultural commodities soar with USDA report CHICAGO, Sept. 28 (Xinhua) -- Chicago corn, wheat and soybean futures all sharply rose Friday after the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)'s Quarterly Grain Stocks report paved the way for bullish lev

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama has pledged a wide-ranging response for farmers and ranchers to the one of the worst droughts in more than 50 years. Obama said in his weekly address Saturday the current corn crop is in poor or very poor condition and cat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Corporal Green! the orderly cried; 格林下士!执勤官点名叫着。 Here! was the answer, loud and clear, from the lips of a soldier standing near; 到!声音清晰响亮,一位士兵,旁边大声回答。 And here! was the word the next

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Todd: So, Jose, can you talk about the food in Ecuador? Jose: Yes, I was saying that the Andes is where potatoes and corn and many other kinds of food come, I mean, potatoes for example, that was so important for Europe, during the famine in Europe.

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

You think you own whatever land you land on 你认为你拥有脚下一切的土地 The earth is just a dead thing you can claim 你最后无法得到的正是地球 But I know every rock and tree and creature 但是我知道世界万物 Has a life h

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(23) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲