Extreme Weather Having Effects Worldwide 恶劣天气在全球产生影响 We expect uncomfortably hot temperatures in midsummer, even violent weather in certain areas. But this year, North America ha

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--环境科学探索

A: What's the side dish that you're making for dinner? B: I'm not sure. I was thinking of making a vegetable. A: What kind of vegetable are you thinking about making? B: Do you know what kind of vegetable you want to eat? A: Why don't you make some c

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

A: What do you plan on making as a side dish for dinner? B: I was planning on making some kind of vegetable. A: Do you know what kind? B: What kind of vegetable do you want? A: I wouldn't mind eating some corn. B: How do you want it? A: What do you m

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

Lesson 95 Flour And Bread 第95课 面粉与面包 Let us buy a pound of flour at the baker's. 我们去面包房买上一磅面粉。 The baker will give us the flour in a nice paper bag, and it will only cost about twopence. 他们会将面粉装在精

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英国学生科学读本

In a village adjoining lived Flor Silin, a poor, laboring peasant, 菲洛斯林,一个整日操劳的俄罗斯贫苦农民,住在我家附近的一个村庄。 a man remarkable for his assiduity and the skill and judgment with which he cultivated

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(18) / 评论(0) 分类 美国语文第五册

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Christy VanArragon. Voice 2 And Im Adam Navis. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 A farmer stands at the ed

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Unit 70:Shop smart 第70单元:聪明购物法 Always shop with a grocery list,and stick to it. 购物时一定要带着清单,并坚持只买清单上的东西。 Shop after you eat,not before. 餐后再去买东西,而不要在餐前去买。

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 减肥瘦身英语口语话题

1. What did the woman make for dinner? A. steak, potatoes, and peas B. chicken, bread, and corn C. fish, rice, and carrots 2. She also made a salad with __________. A. shrimp B. bacon C. tomatoes 3. She is going to serve _________ for dessert. A. ice

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 听英文对话做选择

A baby is born every second, but in Detroit an automobile is born every minute. Most of the automobiles in the World are made in Detroit. 每一秒钟就有一个婴儿降生,但是在底特律每一分钟就有一辆汽车生产出来。世界上的

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

JUDY WOODRUFF: The government confirmed today that corn, soybeans, and other crops are among the hardest-hit casualties of the worst drought the country has faced in decades. The U.S. Agriculture Department today predicted the lowest average corn yie

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

CNN (Cable News Network) is an American-owned cable news channel that is viewed in over 200 countries. It was founded in 1980 by media giant Ted Turner. He succeeded in his vision of providing 24-hour television news coverage. CNN was the first all-n

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Kellogg Company (also known as Kellogg or Kellogg's) is the world's top producer of breakfast cereals and cereal products and a leading producer of convenience foods. Kellogg's was founded as the Battle Creek Toasted Corn Flake Company in 1906 by Wil

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Colors of the Wind Vanessa Williams Colors of the Wind 风之色彩 2)Think you own whatever land you land on 你觉得你拥有你所驻足的每一方土地, Earth is just a dead thing you can 3)c

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英乐时空

VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Barbara Klein with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the reporter and food expert Michael Pollan. Mister Pollan is a professor of journalism at the University of California, Berke

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(21) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(二)月

考试日期: 2013 年 3 月 2 日 Reading Passage 1 Title: New Energy in USA Question types: True/False/Not Given; Flow Chart; Short Answer Questions 文章内容回顾 美国的一种新能源,关于从玉米中提取乙醇为燃料。 20060708旧

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

think you own whatever land you land on earth is just a dead thing you can claim but i know every rock and tree and creature has a life,has a spirit,has a name think the only people who are people are

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 奥斯卡电影名曲盛典B

AS IT IS 2014-06-13 Companies Make Gas from Garbage 美国公司从垃圾提取天然气 The future in energy production is here. And some of the materials used to supply the energy may surprise you! Companies have developed a way to turn plant waste

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A farmer owns a lot of land. He grows food on that land. He grows the food from seeds. He plants seeds into the land. The seeds grow into corn. The seeds grow into wheat. The seeds need water. The seeds need sunlight. A farmer owns a tractor. He driv

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第1级听力-English Level 1

Congress Considers Enhancing US Border Security Despite tighter border enforcement since the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, the number of illegal immigrants in the United S

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--国政军事聚焦

That was the wildling's way, hard and perilous, but at least no one wouid follow him. 那是野人们常走的路,崎岖难行,危机四伏,却足以摆脱追兵。 He wouldn't stray within a hundred leagues of Winterfell or the kingsroad. 从始

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》