Peter: Hi Liz, I see your cast is off. Liz: Yes, finally! Life is so much easier without one. Peter: You had some bad luck breaking your arm. Liz: Yes I had two lots of bad luck: breaking my arm and losing my job. Peter: Wait a minute. You lost your

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(24) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Ah please talk to me Won't you please come talk to me We can unlock this misery Come on, come talk to me Come talk to me Come talk to me The wretched desert takes its form, the jackal proud and tight In search of you I feel my way through the slowest

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

When Michael Phelps is out of the water, he towers over mere non-Olympic mortals. Then he slips into the pool, and makes record-breaking speed seem effortless. His height, it turns out, is no accident. According to research published in The Journal o

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

BBC News: scientists have said Record-breaking speeds have been achieved during tests of 5G data connections. 5G网络到底有多快 Researchers at the University of Surrey's 5G Innovation Centre (5GIC) managed one terabit per second (Tbps) - many t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 双语趣听精彩世界

Cryptology By Paul Millard Dbo zpv sfbe uijt? Jut b tfdsfu dpef! If you dont understand that, it is because I wrote it in a secret code. It isnt a very complicated code. I just changed every letter for the one following it in the alphabet. So, b is c

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 英语音频杂志

《一起走过的日子》英文版 Life's not a dream When emptiness has spilled the scene When you walked away from me And told me love is only just a dream I have tried to say goodbye But words have gotten in the way Couldn't hold my feelings I j

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 中英翻唱歌曲

Looking up from underneath, Fractured moonlight on the sea. Reflections still look the same to me, As before I went under. And it's peaceful in the deep, Cathedral where you can not breathe, No need to pray, no need to speak Now I am under. Oh, and i

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(165) / 评论(0) 分类 夏日清新英文歌曲

The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards are done and over. Like the largely paint-by-numbers ceremony, which offered exactly what you would expect of an Emmys ceremony (nothing more, nothing less), the awards were notable largely for how unsurprising they wer

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

优异公众服务奖:Public Service 突发事件报道奖:Breaking News Reporting 调查性报道奖::Investigative Reporting 释义性新闻奖:Explanatory Reporting 本地新闻报道奖:Local Reporting 国内新闻报道奖:National

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

BEIJING, March 27 (Xinhuanet) -- A woman charged with trespassing on music supremo Simon Cowell's property appeared in a London court on Monday. Leanne Zaloumis, 29, breaking into Cowell's house wielding a broken brick and then hiding in his wardrobe

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Brandy--Definition I dropped all that baggage Let go of that habit The pain you can have it Now Im content with me Im lovin this kid And I gotta admit Feels like the beginning Now Im content with me It's hard to explain it Been through it, you name i

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 E乐吧

1. Gunfire at the Pentagon is being described by officials as a random event, not part of a larger plot. Parts of two bullets were found embedded in two windows, shattering but not breaking them. For a while, police closed down the area. 2. That form

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2010(十月)

Just a high school kid with a strong arm From throwing them rocks at an old barn Got a full-ride shot, gonna be a star No, it don't take much Now he's got that old town facing All the dreams that they quit chasing Rusty chains are breaking No, it don

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Woke up this morning With this feeling inside me that I cant explain Like a weight that Ive carried Has been carried away, away But I know something is coming I dont know what it is But I know its amazing, you save me My time is coming And Ill find m

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Why can't you begin to understand? You're only happy when you're sad and it's killing me We can talk, we can cry, we can tell each other lies And call this our goodbye This is no kind of relationship It's all stressed, broken, bruised and walking out

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Life had just started, never aparted Were my aims for times to come, my future was bright Promised before me Way brighter it will be So foolish I was then, I just couldn't see Tricked me and fooled me, trap set up by thee Now you shall pay, time for

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

no standing 与free-standing: no standing意思是不准在此停车,即使司机还在车上也不行。也就是don't stop或no car atall,通常用在大城市交通十分拥挤的地方。至于noparking,意思也是不准在此停车,但司

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语

A: Hey Carl, can you make a copy of this contract for me please? When you have it ready, send it out ASAP to our subbranch. B: Sure! Um... I think I broke this thing. Maxine, can you help me out here? Im not really a tech guy. C: Yeah, sure. I think

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语播客-EnglishPod

You Haven't Seen The Last Of Me - Cher Feeling broken Barely holding on But there's just something so strong Somewhere inside me And I am down but I'll get up again Don't count me out just yet I've been brought down to my knees And I've been pushed w

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英文歌曲

Stay alive Heaven holds a place for us tonight I am paralyzed Close your eyes Drive away the cloud that hides the light And leave the pain behind Dead alive find a way to bury all the lies Escape the hate inside Cause I dont want to fall or let you g

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲